One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speed Speed Fruit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodwake189

Bloodwake189

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Name in Japanese (translation): Soku Soku no Mi

Capabilities: The Soku Soku no Mi user is capable of achieving immense speeds with any part of their body when they desire. This allows the user to not only run fast, but increase punching speed, kicking speed, ect. The user is also capable of seeing things going at fast speeds, even those faster than the Soku Soku no mo user them self such as admiral Kizaru. Upon consumption, the Soku Soku increases a persons leg strength, their bones become harder than steel effectively becoming the fine line between the bones hardness and monuverability. The Soku users resistance to blunt attacks is increased. The Soku Soku no mi user can run fast enough in a pattern to make it appear there are copies of them self, and in addition can run across water when they have enough speed built up.

In addition to a Soku Soku no mi's benefits, there's a drawback. The usage of the Soku's powers, the user become increasingly hungry.
Back to top Go down
Bloodwake189

Bloodwake189

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:13 pm

I've no doubt this will need changes, but I would like to point out he could run out of energy without food during a battle. Also, I didn't know if it would be acceptable to put the ability to increase healing ability by vibrating fast enough to speed his body's repair. I would guess not because that would make it too OP.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 pm

For the part with the legs becoming strong as steel I am okay considering that the fruit would give it by itself so that the user could be capable of achieving high speeds and being capable of standing them.

Regarding the afterimages, I am totally fine. It is a perk of the fruit compared to other fast users who have Soru speed. However, you should note how many afterimages the fruit can create at the same time. Also, I guess the afterimages you leave behind cannot attack, they are just illusions created with the sheer speed.

The perception of fast things is also fine for me, as well. Same for running above the sea.

The main thing that concerns me about the fruit is that the site has a capped limit for speed (the Soru speed) meaning that something faster than Soru cannot exist when a character moves. That would take away one of the great advantages of the fruit. So I want to ask you before I give my approval... Are you okay with this?

As for the regeneration, I could accept it on certain conditions as there have been several fruits both here and in the manga which allowed the user to do minimal repairing while the fruit didn't have anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Bloodwake189

Bloodwake189

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:25 pm

it couldn't naturally be a little faster?

I see...well i wasn't planning on having him go Kizarus speed, That's fine then, considering he will be able to see where they start moving to.

I felt the steel bones perk was okay for his entire structure, if human bones are kept in good shape and you lift your bones can become hard as steel.

As long as he is ON the same level as Soru, that's fine.

Back to top Go down
Bloodwake189

Bloodwake189

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Oh I do have one more question, enhanced reflexes and response time alright?
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm

I have one issue with this fruit: all of its abilities can be achieved through advanced rokushiki, with maybe a bit of life return. Really, this fruit functions as a way to have a character start out with top-tier rokushiki without having to take up a rokushiki slot. I'm sure that is not your intent, but that is how it ends up working. Why can't you just make a character with rokushiki that does this stuff? It just doesn't sit right with me, as we've consistently denied fruit's such as the "strength fruit" for the same reason. If you can make it unique to the one piece universe, or at least to the site, somehow without making it OP, then I have no objections.
Back to top Go down
Bloodwake189

Bloodwake189

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Well as with all fruits this come naturally to the user, where I believe Rokushiki is something you need to train, I wasn't going for insta Rokushiki either, you are correct. In addition to what it gives in speed the user can see things going at the same or higher speeds, have improved cognitive function, run on water, enhance healing capability, complete menial tasks in a matter of seconds or minutes depending upon difficulty (for instance writing a paper as opposed to making a intricate drawing). I was thinking of having it be able to give a certain amount of immunity to poisons, by accelerating bodily function to pump it from the system (puking perhaps?) if that makes sense? The users bones and leg strength increase dramatically, I believed adding building up enough speed while also vibrating ones bodily structure fast enough could phase threw something thin like a wall, since I thought it was a way to insta dodge.

Another weakness I've thought of is the idea that if he gets hit while running it will hurt him just as bad with all that momentum. Same with a cut or gunshot.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:38 pm

... Sorta true? Characters start out already trained a lot. Furthermore, your statement implies the devil fruit requires no training. Even the most basic devil fruits, like luffy's, takes training and experience to learn how to use correctly, and this is no exception. And the only thing you listed up there that could not be achieved with rokushiki, advanced rokushiki, or rokushiki alternatives (custom rokushiki), is improved cognitive function/reflexes... Which isn't really measurable and you could just make a smart character with good reflexes for the same effect. And the weakness you presented is just logical, not a real weakness. It would be like saying a gun's weakness is that its bullet don't explodebut for some reason you want them to explode.

This to me still seems to be functionally a way to undermine the training techniques require so that you can start out with more advanced rokushiki-type techniques in exchange for the standard water and kairoseki weaknesses. You have even described it as such, by focusing of the training aspect of the fruit vs rokushiki. Again, functionally it just looks like a way to start out with more and better rokushiki without it taking a rokushiki slot. It just helps you skip some of the training and requirements so you can train better than others. This type of fruit just doesn't seem acceptable to me. If you use it with care, you are literally just adding a weakness to the sea and kairoseki for no reason. If you use it like it should be used, you're just using a loophole to exploit the starting power of characters, and given the abilities of the fruit there is no in between. This fruit doesn't seem like a fruit; it seems like a gear someone would give a fruit, which would be perfectly fine. My recommendation is don't scrap the idea, just make it broader, harder to exploit, or even change the abilities alltogether. Then later, you can add this gear to your character as a advanced way of using the fruit.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Know what? I discovered something, thanks to fellow administration. This fruit is a weaker version of the moa moa no mi, more more fruit, which allows you to increase the speed of objects and yourself up to 100 times the norm, and it also allows you to increase the size of things you touch other than yourself. Not only does it fit my criteria of being a part of a different unique ability, but it is already more powerful than your fruit.

That being given, this fruit is denied because it is already canon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speed Speed Fruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Speed Fruit   Speed Speed Fruit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Speed Fruit
Page 1 of 1