One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Site Rules

Go down 
+3
Rodoku
nikz200
Argent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Argent

Argent

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:51 am

Every so often I will hear people mention ___ is a rule. Or you can't do this because____. ModX or AdminY said such in such but then ModW and Admin Z don't know about it.

What I ask is that all site rules be looked at updated so that everyone can be on the same page.  If it isn't written somewhere in the site rules thread it should not be enforced. You can't expect rules to be followed when they aren't written even someone says it is a rule.

Also I have been here for years and still hear new "rules" with out new announcements. New members who come aren't going to be able to read the minds of the people who have been here
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:59 pm

ok perhaps you can list some of these so called rules that are different and i will point out to you which we do not allow and which we do
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Yes, what nikz asks would be of great help. Cause even if we tried updating them, we're probably going to miss some of them.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:14 pm

my guess would be that this are one of the things nikz

[14:10:08 22/01/14] Eijisu : so true or not peopel can have same df in ms ?
[14:14:56 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : yes
[14:15:04 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : you can have the same df in NS
[14:15:15 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : but some dfs are claimed by major characters
[14:15:21 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : so usually we ask the creators
[14:15:35 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : however, any canon or approved df is allowed
[14:15:38 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : by multiple people
[14:17:13 22/01/14] Eijisu : define major characters'
[14:18:33 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : yonkous
[14:18:35 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : shichibukais
[14:18:37 22/01/14] @ nikz200 : admirals

where u basiclly said that if a df is held by a major character its off limits if its to similar.,
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Eijisu, bad example. Nikz was only saying it is a matter of courtesy.... Except in the case of exceptionally powerful fruits that are specific to npcs, and the only example of that I can think of is my own NPC Verve Mein and his Kashi Kashi no mi. If any PC is made with it, Crow has personally assured me he will rain on it with terror-imposing blood and flames. He is an exception.

In any case, you can have whatever approved fruit you want except for the kashi kashi no mi, so it is simply a matter of courtesy to the creator whether or not it is.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:22 pm

i also did tell you , you could have the plant fruit eiji after we discussed it. the main rule there is that anyone can have any approved or canon fruit. If the mods or admins feel it is too OP we will step in, if the creator has a specific desire to limit the use of the fruit we would advise that the creator has this desire, otherwise every approved and canon df is allowed to be used by others.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 pm

@aid
may it so be that it is aexception cause Ur a staff?. yea sorry but here people are just telling me i can have any well created fruit ability basically then a "staff" comes and say if someone else take this fruit my char have. all hell gonna break lose. i do hope you see how that are kinda looking right now aid.

@nikz you said my fruit was denied cause it was to similar to a existing one wich it wasent.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 am

Eijisu, you are really getting on my nerves. You continuously twist my words around and I have to explain it to you over and over again. The only exception is the kashi kashi no mi, which I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE. The only reason it is an exception is because the ability of the fruit is for a NPC Shichibukai, and the ability is not allowed by site rules under normal circumstances. Only Verve Mein, my NPC, can have this fruit; furthermore, even when/if I lose control of Verve Mein only Verve or the character to take on his role may have the fruit. It has NOTHING to do with that I am staff. I had Verve BEFORE I was staff, and the exception existed at the time Verve was created, before I even obtained him. So please stop telling me the staff are getting all these advantages, because WE ARE NOT. It is highly disrespectful to the staff to make all these accusations and it is getting really old.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 am

so why are you allowed to have it at all if not allowed under normal circumstances.... what make it so special because its a npc shouldent it still follow the base rules of the MS ? even though ur char is Shichibukai shouldent he be keept under same limits as the rest. Oh wait u are not and is a staff hmm...

i am not targeting you directly now even though it might see so atm but as you brought that up. and yourself. and well i was SPECIFICALLY TOLD by both rodoku and nikz to i think told me that even old fruits and users are to follow the new "rules"
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:57 am

eiji, again like i said, the reason your fruit was denied was because a fruit like that exists already, it has the exact same uses and the exact same type of parameters, if you want to update the fruits abilities be my guess, but having 2-3 devil fruits that do the exact same thing is counter productive and its also just spamming of existing abilities. If we had someone come to us and say "i want to make a frost devil fruit" and list out what his fruit does and its somewhat similar to hie hie no mi, i would say use hie hie no mi instead of making that fruit because the hie hie no mi or the snow df do the exact thing you are trying to achieve. Thats my point in all this.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 am

It is so special because it was a joint-production of what as at the time the two admins left in charge of the site and they made a judgement call. Not staff, admin. Big difference. I'm an emloyee. Theya re the employers. And I repeat: stop saying it is because we are staff. I had Verve BEFORE I was staff. We do not discriminate members and staff. Most staff have 0 perks in the MS and minor perks in the AS.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 am

ah once again u misunderstood aid but oh well don't matter anymore as i wrote it before we talked on skype

@nikz id say my fruit was nothing like the old one that only had what 1-2 lines no description at all? my fruit explained almost detailed what the user could do and not do and the weaknesses of the fruit. so yea if u want and it helps i can put it as a "updated" version of the old fruit with no description at all not to mention it do have a bit of differences to further make my point

https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net/t4-puranto-puranto-fruit?highlight=puranto

https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net/t7805-plant-plant-no-mi

read puranto then read mine then answer this HOW THE HELL can you tell/say they have same uses when one of them only have what ½ a line describing what it does? bit to mention wouldent riding "through" the plants be almost as turning into them and be against the new rules of the site? if u wanna continue discuss this further id suggest we do it on either skype or in chattbox mr nikz
Back to top Go down
Argent

Argent

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:30 pm

I don't know yet what all the fuss is about as I have only read enough to know its branching away the point.  This thread is to state rules that people have heard of.  In order to help communication between all those who use the site.

Although I have heard rules I don't see stated nothing but the following comes to mind at the moment because I don't find many road blocks. I was told that the darkness fruit Yami Yami was banned.  And there was discussion on whether or not the revive fruit was fully usable.  Yomi yomi

(Neither of which I want but there are rules about those fruits then...)

Note Nikz and Rodo implied that they know something that apparently isn't written.  Even if it is just one thing and other missed one more written rules is better than guessing about it.

Edit
The off topic, topic at hand:
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Because your logia had several issues:

A: the controlling and creating of plants is already covered by the puranto, and cannot be in two fruits

B: your fruit resembled a paramecia more than a logia, as you gained the qualities of plants, instead of creating and controlling them specifically... Which is not a logia quality.

C: it was OP. It was like mixing the puranto puranto no mi with a fruit that gives you the qualities of plants. I don't think you have a good perception of how logias work.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd like to point out that I believe the confusion is coming from personal opinions of various mods on the site. They don't really do enough to be caught up on all of the things that happen on the site or aren't even caught up to the current manga/anime. I took a look back and seen talk about the yomi yomi (Brooks fruit) being banned, however as far as I'm aware that is false. I've a few users using that fruit. Now that's not to say certain abilities on the fruit were taken off as a mid-point to make both parties happy like the limiting of the fuwa fuwa which was considered banned for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:29 am

A was told 2 people could have same fruit also how the fuck can you tell they the same when puranto got not even a full sentence describing what it can do and not
b if you actually READ you would see i removed stuff from my fruit
C i do but tht dont belong here

also my fruit had much more info generally what the fruit can do and of strength and weakness instead of what almost not even 1 sentence of what the fruit can do and not...
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:45 pm

A) 2 people can have the save fruit, that doesn't mean two people can make 2 fruits with the same ability. If you want to use a plant logia, use the puranto. It is vague because it is self-explanatory. There was no need to add more. Though it is respectable that you did, it was unnecessary. Don't misunderstand AGAIN. We appreciate quality effort, but the effort is not needed because the fruit already exists. So far, it seems all of your issues, which you have blamed the mods for, have really just been where you misunderstood what the mods said... Like when you went off on me for posting in you AS profile when people said I was an AS mod. And this current situation, where you have misinterpreted the using the same fruit multiple times rule. How much work you put in doesn't make a difference if the actual ability is the same. I can say "mera mera creates and controls fire" and that is enough. If someone else specifies the types of fire, the heats, speeds, colors, damage, and all the flaming details, it doesn't change the same fruit exists with the same basic ability, basic meaning encompassing those details.

B) this is referring to when it was originally denied, so whatever edits you made are invalid as by the time I made that statement it hadn't been denied again. So, I did read. You just don't know what your reading. And on that note, the fruit is STILL combining the aspects of a plant paramecia and a plant logia, so it doesn't matter that you took stuff out; my point still stands.

C) I'd like to see your idea of how a logia works; specifically, I'd like you to state anything logias can't do. Your fruit did one of them, regardless of whether or not it has been edited out.

I respect well-written profiles, and it was well-written, albeit OP at the time. But that does not change the fact the fruit already existed, meaning your fruit takes up space that we could be using. I understand if you want to make your own fruit, but if you want your own fruit you have to use an original ability. If it is already made, use the copy that is made. Saves you work, and it keeps you from stupid situations like this.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:37 pm

I agree with the whole updating the rules shindig.  The site has changed extensively from its creation, so it might not be a bad idea to rewrite and clarify a few things to match.  Respectfully, of course.  I can help personally if needed.

/ontopic

And Eijisu, no need to be that hostile.  Seriously.  Calm yer jets; nobody's out to get you.  Aid, it's also probably best to let the admins handle this one.

As for the whole "puranto got not even a full sentence describing what it can do and not ", let's take a looksie at this announcement here:

Rodoku wrote:
This post is mostly sent out to new users of the site, because the users that have been here for a while already know how this works.

If you check through old applications and find logia type fruits (or any kind of fruit actually) that seems to be wildly inaccurate or has descriptions written down that say that it can transform into its element, between other things, these MUST be ignored. You CAN use the fruit, but even if the fruit was approved with a logia transformation in the past, the current rules and standards apply to it, and you are not allowed to use it that way.

If you have any doubts about a pre-existing fruit that seems dubious, please ask a Mod or an Admin.

Thank you for your understanding.

In site standards, that DF is ancient.  There were different standards at the time.

That's fine if you don't agree with a mod's/admin's verdict, but don't be an ass about it.  Discuss with the admins about it, preferably over PM or something.  So the rest of us don't have to deal with this...  whatever you call it.  Derailed thread.
Back to top Go down
Eijisu

Eijisu

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:26 pm

hysteria i have discussed it with admins me and rodoku was discussing it on skype. He dident seem to see a problem with it as i changed what he asked the thing is he keeps dissipating in the middle of discussion <.< and thats why nothing gone further i guess. and im not being hostile. but yea when people with no power in the ms section are starting to interfere. In about the fruit and i was told that i couldn't do that then i get a bit pissed.

also if we now gonna go by what you say about site standards wouldent it be better to have a fresher version tht actually explaining what it can and cannot do ? since it can get outta hand pretty quick. I could even post it as puranto puranto v2 (more detailed updated version) of it instead of naming it plant plant no mi and thusly keeping it same fruit. but as he havent been online or not responded i havent gotten the chance to give him that suggestion
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 4:26 pm

"HOW THE HELL", "how the fuck can you tell", "if you actually READ", etc

Hostile enough for my liking.  Keep it between you and Rodo or whatever.  Enough about that DF from both you and Aid.  Any further posts regarding it specifically on this particular topic may be edited or deleted if modship/administration sees fit.  Capisce?  Good, we're done

Anyways.

There needs to be better communication.  A current list of the administration needs to be posted somewhere, along with their duties.  It needs to be posted somewhere when it's updated.  Here's what I know of.  I probably missed a few people.

Active

Global Admins: Rodoku, Maxulus, nikz200
These guys are the head honchos and pretty much act as the final say in matters anywhere throughout the site.

Advanced Section Admins:  Karasu(the crow)
Head of the Advanced section.  Final say in there.

Global Mods:  Cryptic Terror, Kenjiro Nakamura
Handle approving applications in all areas of the site.

Main Section Mods:  Hysteria, Shad0w
Handle approving applications in the main section.

Advanced Section Mods: aidoneus, Cobdogred
Handle approving applications in the advanced section.

Retired

Admin-sama, Iggy, Captain Corkscrew, Irrational, Gael, Redmerv, Keymaster, Gorefish, Frog Dragon, Major Sarcasm, Sleepy, Lost
Not required to do any administration, and can be reinstated if/when they choose.

As just a basic way to start.

Also, if it's not written in the rules, it shouldn't be considered a mandate (like Zalton mentioned).  Someone should be able to read the rules and understand them, without having to dig around and ask people about "exceptions" and the like. When/if the rules change, it needs to be posted somewhere.  Officially.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Hysteria wrote:
Hostile enough for my liking.  Keep it between you and Rodo or whatever.  Enough about that DF from both you and Aid.  Any further posts regarding it specifically on this particular topic may be edited or deleted if modship/administration sees fit.  Capisce?  Good, we're done.

Yes, please, this thread which was made by Zalton was to ask an update on the rules, not for ANY user to turn into a battlefield about an application of their's. You can do a separate thread for that, because this page has basically been spammed with a discussion that (although has something to do with the rules) is completely unrelated to the original point of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Rules
Page 1 of 1