One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Jr. Shichibukai Program

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

The Jr. Shichibukai Program Empty
PostSubject: The Jr. Shichibukai Program   The Jr. Shichibukai Program Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:43 am

First I'd like to admit that I adopted the core idea (more or less) from a different site, and if any of the members of the said site happen to see this post: I think its a brilliant idea, and I'm deeply sorry for not asking before using it, I just don't have a user in your site. If you see it as a problem, contact me and I'll get rid of it.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get on with the idea, and hopefully y'all read it to the very end.

What I'm suggesting here is an entirely new relationship between pirates and marines, in the form of a rehabilitation program that is beneficial for both sides. A marine crew, like any other, lead by an unusually high ranking marine (I was thinking Vice Admiral and up), whose members are not marines of different ranks, but pirates taken out of the World Government's prison compounds, be it Impel Down or any other jail.

The motive behind this move is simple: It is a known fact, both in the original series and in our little site, that the Shichibukais are almost never loyal to the World Government, and often betray it when the opportunity shows itself. In order to solve that problem, the marines higher-ups will carefully choose a group of pirates from the large variety at their disposal, who'll have the potential of becoming Shichibukais in the future. These pirates will be offered a deal: They would be released from their cells and join the program, while agreeing to work under the marine in charge. The motive for the pirates is obvious in such a situation. The newly formed crew is meant to act as a rehabilitation program, and educate the selected pirates to loyalty for the World Government while performing assaults on various pirate crews, hopefully turning them into loyal Shichibukais in the future. These pirates will be given the rank of Jr. Shichibuaki, or Jr. Warlord.

The marine captaining the crew must be powerful in order to keep the pirates at bay, and capture them if they decide to try and escape. Means of keeping the pirates under control could range from shocking collars to seastone bullets, or any other idea that any of us can come up with.

In actuality, RP wise, I'm not sure if any of the crew members will actually become a Shichibukai, but such an idea holds a lot of benefits for the RPers and the site as a whole as well.

Marines: As we all noticed, the new Anti-Pirate offer has worked, and we see some new marines popping up. The problem is that they are all of incredibly high ranks, and are all using Devil Fruits, preventing them from forming actual marine crews with each other. This idea will allow the newly created marines to start acting as captains of their own crew (at least one of them), with its members being pirates in rehabilitation. While it's true that making a "Pirate-Marine" Wouldn't be so different form making a rebellious, obnoxious marine, it is a new twist that is bound to sprout some life into that area of the site. It is obvious that most people like making outlaws and pirates more than they like making marines.

Pirates: After the last Impel Down breakout thread, This area of the One Piece world was out of reach for the RPers. This idea will bring it back. With this idea, people could start putting their characters into Impel Down and keep RPing without breaking the entire prison down. A character could find its way into the prison, or be lead their by his default history, and still be active. If anyone ever dreamed of reviving one of his captured or forgotten pirates, this will be a great opportunity. Moreover, this idea will create a new kind of character: A pirate forced to be a marine by circumstance, a dog on a leash if you will, creating an exciting new type of role to play in the One Piece world.

The Site: This idea will hopefully boost the interaction between pirates and marines, and maybe even liven things up around here as a whole new option of RPing will be created. It will also contribute to the pirate-marine balance in the site, by creating a powerful marine crew out of pirate characters.

I will probably not be captaining this crew, as I;m more or less done with captaining crews, but I will definitely join such a crew if anyone would like to actually create it. I'd love to hear opinions from both members and staff about this idea.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

The Jr. Shichibukai Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jr. Shichibukai Program   The Jr. Shichibukai Program Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 pm

While I think that this idea is not bad at all, and sounds very good on paper, I think it will prove to be not as effective as expected in practice. The reason is that, I don't think there are many, if any, user (non NPC) characters captives in Impel Down at the moment, and even so, I don't think anyone will let any of their main/powerful ones get captured. Probably this will gather characters that are not used much anymore, and considering how the site's focused a lot on power/ranks, those unused/not their main characters, will probably be in a level where it will not be considered to be Shichibukai-leveled.
Also, remember that, Shichibukai are exceptionally strong, aside their influence they have in the world. Having a crew consisting of pirates with the potential of any of them becoming a Shichibukai, wouldn't it simply be easy for them to just rebel and take over control of the ship? Unless if the marines on board were exceptionally powerful or dangerous.
Of course, that's just my personal opinion, and I'm not a mod/admin to begin with. By the way, I also think that this idea would be more plausible if the aim of the goal was the creation of a different force. Maybe not on par with the 3 Great Forces, but a force used for specific missions/jobs. Kinda like the Just Eleven Jurymen, xcept our site's group would actually be useful and cool lol.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com

The Jr. Shichibukai Program
Page 1 of 1