One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Story of a female soldier

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Story of a female soldier Empty
PostSubject: The Story of a female soldier   The Story of a female soldier Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 pm

The Story of a female Soldier: Chapter One

When I told my parents about my idea they looked at me as if I was crazy, a girl, going to the army? “Are you crazy?!” Asked mother, although I had to shake my head and say that no, I wasn't crazy, and that I was truly serious about this. Ever since little I had been taught to serve my country with all my might, some might think that we were brainwashed but at that moment, that was all I could think, not if it was wrong or that we were being used, no; all that mattered was our country, everything we did was right and nothing else mattered, nothing else, no one besides our compatriots, no one. Killing, for the 'right' causes was fine, it was the right thing to do, and torturing our enemies was as well. Since we were little, we were taught how to do ties, how to grab a person the right way to make them faint, and things like that. We were taught martial arts, we were told that we were the future of our country, but were we? Were we truly the future of a country without one? Of course, things like that never cross a child's mind, even less if they're being brainwashed with such ideas.

“Darling, such ideas aren't proper of a lady like yourself” father said, he was being as petulant was ever, and I couldn't help but feel the need to roll my eyes at what he had just stated, of course it wasn't proper of a lady, but I wasn't a lady, I was a soldier, whether only by heart or also outside, I was one. And I wouldn't change my idea of it. I ignored them, I just continued making my way to my room, to pack up my things. They tried to stop me again, started screaming, saying that it was impossible. I just drowned out the words, they meant nothing to me after all. It was something I was taught. “Stop dear please stop!” mother was crying, but my mind was set, I was going to the army, to serve for my country, no matter what. This continued for some hours, mother crying and father turning angrier to the point of kicking me out of the house, although that was exactly what I wanted. I went then to the army and registered, they looked at me weirdly, why was a girl signing up for the army? It was such a strange thing in this place, and I just smiled kindly and waited for the instructions, tests, and everything that was going to come. Doctors, oh how I loathed them, just the sight of their white clothes and their expressionless face made me shiver, they felt nothing, of course they didn't, if they did, how would they be able to stay sane even after dealing with life every day? It was something that I wouldn't be able to do, you're not talking about nameless soldiers who are your enemy and don't matter, no you're talking about people with a family that belongs to your country, people with future and people that matter to you, in some or other way.

Hospitals reek of death, it's smell makes me sick, I can't stay for long there, I just can't. At least not without getting upset. I walked down the hallway to the last check up I had to do before joining the army, it was a physical check-up and they were going to weight me and see how much muscle I had, just like how much fat I had. The doctor smiled at my kindly and said "Joining the army uh?" but I just nodded and stayed silent, showing that I wasn't in the mood for talking. I stepped in the balance and everything started, the lights, the handles slightly vibrating, and I just stayed there, my face expressionless. Once it had finished, the doctor told me "you're in proper condition to join the army, get your papers in the first room you were in and then leave to the headquarters of the army" and with that I was gone. I went and picked up my papers like I was told to, I stared for a second at my picture in the sheet, I looked horrible. I can still remember how I looked and how much it disgusted me. Long blonde hair, curly and 'beautiful'; glassy blue eyes, pale ones. I was someone that people called pretty, yet I couldn't understand why, appearance isn't something important in this world, at least not to me. And I find people that think so annoying.

The walk to the headquarters was uneventful, I couldn't stop getting distracted with some soldiers talking here and there about war and how everything was going great for us. The sky was really dark in the sky and people were currently sleeping, or just hiding. Once I got to the headquarters I stared at the huge building in front of me, it was huge and black, it was the color of our country, and it looked beautiful to me, black had always been my favorite color back then. The windows were also black and there was only a red symbol in the top of the main door, which was the shield. I don't know why I thought about many things while staring at the sign of power, I can't remember exactly what had happened in my mind, but I do remember that I doubted, I doubted about everything, if I should join the army, if the authorities were right, I don't know what was the reason of this, but I couldn't help it. In the end I decided to enter though, entering that building that would change my life forever. The secretary, situated in a dark brown desk in the middle of the room; smiled at me kindly. "Joining the army?" she asked tilting her head slightly to the side, something women did a lot in those days. I nodded and answered in a even tone 'Yes ma'am'. I was sent to another room, there was a man standing up in the middle of I, I stared at him for a second before entering further into the room.

"I see that you're our newest recruit" he pointed out while smiling slightly, he was wearing the military uniform although it was decorated with many badges, showing that this man was really important in the army, or at least of greater rank as me. He wasn't that old though, he was around nineteen years old, or at least he looked of that age, having cheerful brown eyes and messy hair that was kind of hidden because of the huge hat he was wearing. The military uniform for soldiers were different that how they are now. Long black coat that was reinforced so it wouldn't be affected by simple stabs or slashes of knives, it was also bullet-proof, it had our symbol in the right breast pocket of the coat; under the coat one had a bullet-proof vest that was as thin as paper and under that only a thin sleeveless t-shirt, but it worked perfectly, the trousers were black and fitted, with red lines in the sides of the legs, they didn't really have pockets like normal trousers but they had some in the side of the legs, lower than normal and also larger, specially made for fitting knives and weapons in there; the boots were made out of black leather and had space enough to put a knife in each boot. I still remember how handsome he looked, he was about the only guy I had ever found handsome, but not because of his appearance, or at least it wasn't only for that, it was because of the way he was standing up, his back erect and giving off that powerful aura, I just couldn't help but being attracted to him.

I nodded "Yes, sir" I replied, he smiled again and this time brighter.

"It's wonderful to see that girls are starting to be interested in joining the army, it's been a while since we had a female soldier, those are always the best soldiers" he commented and I just nodded, I couldn't quite understand what he was saying back then, if I had only known everything would have made more sense, but I didn't.

"I don't think so, sir. Male soldiers are stronger and therefore physically better than females" I commented with a serious and polite tone, showing all my respect for him.

"No, even if the physical strength is important in a soldier, with training everything changes. But females are cruel from nature, they won't doubt in killing, males will" he responded with a small smile, he had been smiling since I entered and I had yet to understand why he was so happy about my recruitment. "I've been told that you're the daughter of an ex-soldier? A hero from the last war?" he then added and it made sense to me, it was because of my father. "Did he force you to join?" I wanted to laugh at this but decided to keep my face emotionless as I shook it slowly.

"No, he didn't want me to join the army, I ran away from home. I'm almost eighteen years old anyway" I told him and he just nodded, he started pacing from one point of the floor to the other while his face was deep in thought. This continued for minutes, I think it was around 20 minutes. And then he stopped.

"Technically, I shouldn't allow you of joining the army because you're under eighteen, but I'll make an exception" he said.
Back to top Go down

The Story of a female soldier
Page 1 of 1