One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gouu Gouu no Mi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Devil Fruit: Gouu Gouu no Mi (Heavy Rain Fruit)
Type: Paramecia
Capabilities: The Gouu Gouu Fruit creates a massive black cloud that constantly hovers within the sky and produces a rain storm above the owner of its power. The power and width of the cloud is dependent upon both the owner's mood and their own ability. The more sorrowful and angry the owner is, the more powerful and intense the storm becomes, the more tranquil the user, the lighter the downpour. The scope and power of the storm can eventually be controlled by sheer concentration by those who have mastered their power. The user can only control the strength of the storm, but not the elements themselves. He can ONLY control the strength of the elements created by the cloud, he cannot control natural storms. Essentially, the Gouu Gouu No Mi Fruit's offensive and defensive capability mostly lies within its ability to create an extremely hostile environment for those caught within. The extent of its power is cataclysmic and affords far more destructive capabilities than most fruit of similar natures without causing the user to expend as much energy as some of the fruit users that directly manipulate their respective element. Its chaotic nature, however, is fraught with many disadvantages.

Disadvantages:

-Emotional provocation can result in loss of control
-To be utilized effectively, must be exposed to the sky
-Endless rain makes it impossible to stay in one location for too long without causing problems
-Black cloud gives away position, destroys the element of surprise
-Inconvenience of always being wet and cold.
-Also creates terrible conditions for sailing
-As a devil fruit user, susceptible to the water produced
-Can damage allies and the user themselves
-Extremely unpredictable in nature
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Still need an approval. Bump.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Rejected because most DFs aren't affected by emotions, and this is kind of bizarre because it, in a way, continuously controls water and such.
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Any way you could foresee how the basic concept of the fruit could remain intact with the removal of anything that you see? Basic concept being the overhead raincloud.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 pm

I believe there was something done with clouds before, "Kumo Kumo no Mii". Not sure if that'll work for you or not.
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:06 pm

For this character I've been working on to work, it needs to be specifically rain. If I remove the emotional aspect's importance and instead make it a cloud that releases rain/stormy qualities upon the user's command, would that be acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:50 pm

"User can create and control aspects of clouds making them soft as a feather or hard as steel. The user could also change the climate making it windy, rainy, snowy, sunny, and even create lighting."

That is the description for the Kumo Kumo no Mii. You'd be able to make it rain continuously if you wanted, but just the way this specific fruit is phrased is kind of bizarre. Would this alternate option work?
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:14 pm

It needs to at the very least create a cloud that follows the user with rain. Kind've like how Luffy wouldn't be able to turn off his rubber skin, the fruit needs to burden the user with a rain cloud that can't be turned off. Essentially it would just be a powered down one of the one you just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:25 pm

It can be used that way if you want. How about you start off being unable to control its full powers, and later gaining the ability to control it better? I mean it allows you to create a cloud with constant rain...
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:28 pm

The crux of the character depends on the constant rain. It's an inconvenience that's shaped him. It's a negative side effect that's important to his humor and philosophy... kinda like how Magellan poisons everything he eats and whatnot. Magellan in OP is obviously very skilled with the control of his DF, but he still can't stop from poisoning himself. Kinda the same principle here but with the rain.

Edit: I know it seems nit picky, but it really is important that he can't escape his own rain storm. If he could control the cloud and get rid of it, then it would defeat a large part of it.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:38 pm

How about he's never figured out how to get rid of it, only make more of them?

Sorry, it just seems so incredibly weird to me.
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

The character I'm making is a very capable combatant. If there were a way to control it otherwise, he'd figure it out. And if he could control it, then that would eliminate a lot of angst that's important to how he ended up where he is, and his philosophy. I'm trying to think of examples of involuntary consequences in OP because of DF. Like... how Alvida lost all her fat because it slipped off of her. Magellan's poisoned meals.

If it won't work, well then that's your right as an Admin. But like I said, it's very important that there is a raincloud specifically that he cannot dissipate.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, I hate to kill a character's development over something like this... but I really don't know if a fruit can be used in this way. I mean, most fruits outwardly benefit their users, but this fruit kinda would just be a problem for him.

Maybe he only recently figured it out, and for the majority of the time he didn't have the ability to disperse it. So his philosophy could still be there, logically, while he could still have good control over his fruit.
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 pm

"The Paramecia type is the only group containing powers or special traits that may be considered "useless" to the user, granting little or no real advantage whatsoever. Their abilities may also end up proving completely useless in some situations where they would normally otherwise have been quite formidable. Therefore, even the best of fighters may be strained to be able to use their abilities to the fullest." - One Piece Wikia.

I dunno if that helps my case whatsoever. I pretty much have my character written. I could send it to you in a personal message if you wanna see why I'm being so difficult.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm

... Why not. It's not like anyone uses the Kumo Kumo.

Approved, because it's likely very important and it isn't unreasonable in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Syndris

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Woo-hoo! Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gouu Gouu no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gouu Gouu no Mi   Gouu Gouu no Mi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gouu Gouu no Mi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: Devil Fruit sign ups :: Retired/Archives-
Jump to: