One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Seagull is Not a Marine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deathbymanga

deathbymanga

A Seagull is Not a Marine Empty
PostSubject: A Seagull is Not a Marine   A Seagull is Not a Marine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Chapter 1
A Cage, for Better, or for Worse, is What I Chose to Enter

"NO!" Her mother screamed, she never wanted her daughter to follow her father's path and become a pirate. Pirates always ended up dying out of petty pride. Her father died protecting his Captain, a noble cause, but one that did nothing to help her mother's cause. "I will not loose another loved one to Piracy."

Kamone did nothing to answer, merely slamming the door behind her as her mother opened it, running after her.

"I'm 21 mother. Father was half my age when he left. If I ever want to be a great swordsman, then I need to fight other Swordsmen."

"Your father had a proper trainer before he left. Where is yours? Oh yeah, they went south for the winter!" Her mother waved her arms towards what she thought was south. It had been decades since she was a Marine, so her internal compass was old and rusty.

"South is that way mother." She said, pointing away from her mother in another direction. "I'm a lot better with directions than father was. Sometimes I make rounds for the mailman when we need to get letters over to the neighboring islands. Father couldn't make it from one room to the next without tearing down a wall."

"That has nothing to do with this. Yes you are a much better navigator, but your father had four comrades with him before he left for the Grand Line and even then they all almost died trying to get in. What are you gonna do, try and make it in on a little dingy?"

"I'll find a crew, it's better than being a stupid Marine." Kamone retorted. Now she was just planning on pushing her mother's buttons. She was going whether she approved or not. She was a better swordsman than her mother ever was.

Her mother simply turned around, not even saying goodbye to her daughter. She didn't want her daughter to leave on such bad terms, but her daughter just wouldn't give in until she embraced the harsh seas, and if that didn't kill her, she new very well that Kamone would just try and find something else that might.

Walking through town, Kamone squeezed through crowds of pedestrians. Though it was kept secret, they new who her father was, and while the new Fleet Admiral had made it illegal for the children of Pirates to pay for the crimes of their parents, they still hated her. She didn't care, she respected her father. He was a man among men and someone any swordsman could look up to.

Her mother didn't like it, but aside from Swords, she also had one other thing in common with her father. She loved to drink. And as soon as she spotted the neighborhood bar, she immediately ran to the doors and swung them wide. The bartender and she were on first name basis here and everyone new her regular order.

"Ahoy Kamone, the usual a presume?" Frank said, swing a glass high into the air. Frank was a loud mouth, and even though he was never a bartender, nor the one taking her order, she always ended up giving her order through him. Odis the Bartender just took her order whenever he heard it. It didn't matter who she was telling it to.

"Nah Frank, I'm going for something stronger." She roared, very un-lady-like.

"Stronger?! You wanna punch a whole through your liver? You already drink 70% Whiskey, most girls need ten glasses of water and a very salty fish sandwich afterwards. But for you, I'm surprised your liver hasn't blown.

"Give me an Ogre Killer, Odis." And with that, Odis nodded, though a little frightened by the order for such a frail looking girl.

"What's the celebration Kamone?" Odis asked, handing her a shot glass of the dreaded Ogre Killer.

"I'm leaving today," She exclaimed, shocking everyone in the room. Frank even fell over, though he may have just tripped. No one expected her to even actually leave. Many men have, but it was unheard of for a woman to ever do it.

Back to top Go down

A Seagull is Not a Marine
Page 1 of 1