One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Josh Dixon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FalseJustice

FalseJustice

Josh Dixon Empty
PostSubject: Josh Dixon   Josh Dixon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Name: Josh "Dynamite" Dixon

Bounty: 0

Species: Human

Allegiance: Pirate

Home Village/Ocean: North Blue

Appearance: Josh having worked and trained since he could remember is very muscular. He is about 6'5 and has long arms that are very well toned. His legs are also long but they are very thick and this is where his punching power comes from. He is tan and has very short military style hair. He has very intense dark green eyes, a slightly crooked nose that has a scar on it. His face is roundish and besides his sharp chin. He mostly just wears normal clothes like jeans and a t shirt or a button up. He does this unless he knows he is going to fight. When he knows he gets into his medium length boxing shoes, and he puts on his boxing trunks, all of which are black with gold lining.

History: Josh was using a hammer soon after he learned how to walk. He was a miracle to his parents who thought that they were to old to have kids. He has one sibling who is 14 years older than him. She took care of him while his parents were busy working all of the time to keep a rough over her head. His dad was a shipwright who was a genius at what he did. Josh was always fascinated watching him working. The way he could make an intricate design, or lift giant pieces of lumber. Everyday his father would teach him a little about being a shipwright and taught him the tricks of the trade. Josh grew up doing this and he loved it and it also but up his strength.

Even with how amazing his father was he wasn't making enough money. They barely could afford the house and they needed money now, and nobody ever came to their island to buy ships. One day when he was walking through town Josh heard a commotion coming from inside of a nearby building. He walked in to see something that would help change his families lives. A boxing match was taking place inside of the building and it was amazing and new to him. Two men beating the crap out of each other for money, the thought was great to Josh. After the match he walked up to one of the trainers who happened to be an old man smoking a cigar.
"Sir could you teach me how to do that." The old man just looked at him confused and then started to look him over. He was a well built kid and he was young so he could build him from the ground up. He snapped his fingers and a punch flew at Josh who instinctively blocked it. The fighter who had just won was the one who threw that powerful punch. The old man looked impressed and said "Meet me here at dawn tomorrow." and then he walked away.

Even though Josh was confused a little he was happy to have somebody train him. Then it daunted on him why did he just ask that stranger to train him. What if the old man was the leader of a gang or maybe he was a shitty trainer. Josh shook his head and knew tomorrow that he still had to go through with it. He arrived an hour early and the old man showed up right on time. Josh expecting to throw on gloves first got excited but that notion soon went out the door. The trainer made him do ridiculous muscle training workouts. He did this from sun up till sun down and when they finished the old man who he found outs name was James looked at him and disgust and told him to show up again the next day.

He did this for a week with the trainings only getting harder. He became frustrated and stopped and looked at his new teacher. "I haven't hit the punching bag once when am I gonna put on some gloves. All I've been doing is your stupid workouts." He sat there and waited for a good response but all he received was a long loud laugh. It seemed to continue on forever "GAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA!" After he finally stopped James looked at his young pupil and said "You want to throw on gloves ok then I'll set you up a match." He gave him a day until he was to come back and he set him up against his grandson, who was younger and smaller than him.

Josh laughed at this he was a lot bigger than him and he couldn't take him seriously. Well he should have. Because right after the bell rang the smaller kid dashed over there and began to throw a flurry. Josh couldn't even see the punches and he closed his eyes and felt a pain in his jaw. The next thing he knew he woke up on the canvas with the old man over him laughing. "You just got knocked out by my 12 year old. Don't question how I train you I trained this kid the same way." After getting helped up Josh never questioned his trainer again.

After about 2 months he hit his physical peak and he began to learn how to box with his new found body. The basics came first, Things like guarding, dashing, jab then straight then to stronger punches. Josh didn't have a whole lot of talent but he made up for that with hard work. He had his first match about 6 months after he joined the gym. He was nervous but he was put at ease with the trainers smile. He hopped into the ring and began his assault on the grown man. It was a quick fight that ended with a nasty ko. He had beaten a grown man with ease. After this he quickly became strronger and more talented. Not only did he become a good infighter but he also learned the counter. Soon he would rush his opponents and then when they threw a big punch he would counter it and destroy them.

His parents weren't thrilled with him being a fighter for money but they saw how much it meant to there kid and they weren't going to take that away from him. Also Josh still learned a lot from his dad at the docks. He went down there everyday after practice and would help his father out as much as he could.

He was a beast and went undefeated for three years. With this kind of record he was invited a tournement to find out who the best boxer in the north blue was. By then he grew substantially and now had range on his punches to he was a great all around fighter. He came to the tounrement that had 16 people of all ages and saw his competition. Josh was big on his island but some of these people were twice his size! He was a little intimidated at first but he was reminded that he didn't have to worry he still had his heart and his new punch.

He sat in the waiting room until it was his turn to box. When he came out he saw the last conteneder being hauled off in a stretcher. Holy shit he thought, I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. What made this worse is that his first opponent spoke with a thick accent and looked like a bear. They walked up and bumped gloves before going back to there corners. The fight started before he could get any advice and by the time he prepared himself the bear had him trapped. All Josh could do was block. This continued and his arms began to tire. The next thing he knew he was laying on the canves and he heard someone counting. "3, 4, 5." Josh stood up at a 7 count and refocused. He knew this guy was gonna charge again and he had to stop it. The bear charged again but this time he was ready the man threw a huge hook that was ducked and met with Josh's new punch the smash. This hit him squarely in the jaw and he stumbled back before falling. Josh was amazed. He had no idea that he was this strong. He jumped around in joy and the crowd was stunned. His next two fights were both ended the same way with one quick punch to the jaw.

He came to the finals and his opponent was an animal it seemed. He was about the same height as him but there was something weird about him. As soon as the fight started Josh figured it out. He was hit with a jab from clear across the ring. This person ate a fruit from the devil. His body was like rubber and Josh couldn't even get near him. The first round was a complete disaster where he didn't even get to touch the guy. He had to bob and weave across the ring to get to him. He did this and actually made it within his range. He hit him with a 1,2 that sent his opponents head flying but it came back and hit Josh in the head and this was followed by a rapid attack were he could barely see the punches. The second round ended as a failure to. This continued until the 8th round. Josh was sitting in his corner tired and at a loss as to what to do. His tactics had been failing completely. He had to go all out and see what would happen.

This time he charged and went right to hitting him with everything he had jabs, hooks, straights, nothing seemed to phase this guy. Josh was incredibly pissed now. He just threw wildly, when he sent his opponents head back again instead of waiting for it to return he went to his body. This threw his opponent off and the head butt was off target. This allowed for a perfect chance. Josh put everything he had into it and hit him with a counter smash. The crowd was stunned. His opponents neck was stretched out and he was laying on the ground out cold. Afterwards he was told by the crowd that they couldn't see the punch but when it hit it was like an explosion. And that is how he got his nickname.

After this battle he has been accepting fights from any challenger and he is still undefeated. He continued to help his father and learned his tricks for shipbuilding. His father knew that his son was bored with the new competition and that he wanted him to face stronger opponents or all of his training would just go to waste. So one day he sat him down and said "Why don't you go travel the world and take on challengers. I know you want to be the strongest in the world and you have the stuff to do it." Josh thought about this for a while and then said "But what would I do I can't just go challenge people I don't have the money for that and I can't just do odd jobs either. " His father had already thought this out and laughed at himself for thinking about this. "Well you could become a pirate but a good pirate and then you could challenge people whenever you wanted to." He laughed at his old man and then left but after thinking about it for a few days he knew he was right. He walked up to him with all of his belongings on his back and he said "You were right I'm leaving today." He hugged both of his parents and left with tears in his eyes.

Personality: Josh is a hardworking kid who has a great heart. He loves a challenge and the tougher it is he more fun it is to him. He loves to prove people wrong and he loves to fight. Josh has a select group of people that he would do anything for. He really wants to make friends but he has always been really busy. He hopes that he can make more friends upon the sea. The one thing that he has never really experienced is the lost of a friend. This could make him go crazy or he could shut down.

Ship: name of ship

Ship Flag: describe

Devil Fruit: Limited to only three devil fruit users per person
type: (only if you have a devil fruit)
effect: (only if you have a devil fruit)

Special Abilities: Boxing- An extremely well balanced boxer with a devastating finisher
Toughness- Having been boxing for so long he has a high tolerance for pain and he always gets back up
Strength- Working to be a shipwright and all of his boxing training has given him near superhuman strength. Able to easily crush bricks and heavily dent most metals.
Speed- His speed is faster than an average human but not by much. His hand speed however is very fast and most normal can barely see his punches.

Learned Techniques (Keep it 1-25):
1. Dynamite Combo- A flurry of punches that ends with a damaging right hook
2. Dynamite punch- A smash attack which is punch that is in between a hook and an uppercut that is very hard to block
3. Dynamite counter- The smash is used after the opponent misses. This causes more damage because the opponents momentum is used against them

Weapons/Items: N/A

Goals: Defeat the strongest opponent
Back to top Go down

Josh Dixon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josh Dixon   Josh Dixon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Approved if finished.
Back to top Go down

Josh Dixon
Page 1 of 1