One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Fwink"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Name: “Fwink” real name unknown

Bounty: None (that he knows of yet)

Species: Human.

Allegiance: none

Home Village/Ocean: Unknown

Appearance:
Height: 5’4
Weight: 129 lbs
Eyes: Light blue, almost white. He very piercing gaze. His eyebrows and eyes are used to express emotion.
Hair: Dark silver with black tips. His hair sways to the left above the eyes.
Physical: Athletic build with large calves. Skinny and without large muscles, but very defined. Looks a lot like Sheik from Zelda. Skin is tanned on the face and fingers, probably whiter under the clothes.
Clothes: He always wears black clothes that conceal his entire body except for the top half of his head (he uses the hood when he hides). He wears fingerless gloves and darkened bandages around his wrist and arm. He always wears a black turtleneck over his mouth so no one knows what his face looks like, which is why he uses his eyebrows instead of his mouth to express emotions. Fwink also always has his switchblade hanging from his wrist by a string.

History: Fwink woke up one day on a dingy in the middle of West Blue. He was wearing the clothes he always wears; in his pockets were his signature switch blade and some throwing knives. There was ample food and water to last him weeks on the small boat, and it had an unmarked sail and 2 oars.
Fwink could not remember anything that happened the night before, or the day before, or any day before the moment he awoke. He had no papers or symbols in his clothing or on the boat. There was nothing he could link to his past.
Eventually he drifted to an island he never learned the name of. He found that he unconsciously stayed in the shadows and moved without making a sound. Upon further experimentation, he noticed that he was extremely skilled at concealment and had great agility and speed. This suggested that, maybe, he had been an assassin or a spy. He opened up his switchblade, and noticed is made a distinctive, high pitched, sound. The best imitation of this sound he could make was “Fwink” and so he dubbed himself “Fwink”.
Fwink, for some odd reason, had no desire to find his old life. He saw the memory loss as a chance at a new start, a chance to live his life to the fullest. He decided he would be 29 years old, and from that day on he would live how he wanted, and always live for the future and never in the past. Fwink found that he had an insatiable thirst for change. He loved anything new and hated monotony and boredom. He also loved learning new skills, be it navigating, juggling, marksmanship, or anything else. Fwink always looks for the next big happening in the world, and tries to be at the location of any large conflicts. When he deems his aid necessary, he will allow his presence to be known and offer his help. However, this is not often and Fwink usually chooses to stay incognito and just enjoy the scene.

Personality: Very shy and reserved. Fwink has a lot of problems with typical behavior. He will sometimes talk to people indirectly by throwing his voice (like ventriloquism) to come from a different direction. When with people he is familiar with, Fwink will often makes bad jokes then laughs at them himself while every one else stands uncomfortably or forces laughter. He has a very eerie laugh that seems to come from all directions. Fwink doesn’t speak much, and when he does it is often short and simple. However from time to time he will offer great insights and good advice. He likes to stay off to the side hidden partially in the shadows. Since he is extremely adept as sneaking around silently in the shadows, Fwink can walk up behind someone unnoticed. He is still getting used to his innate abilities, and therefore has a bad habit of "appearing from thin air" behind people and scaring them (whether it’s on purpose or not is unknown). He hates monotony and needs constant change in his life. Fwink is an extremely quick learner and will often try to do anything interesting he sees, from cooking exotic dishes to fighting with two swords to riding a unicycle. He often succeeds at things and will get bored with them quickly. When he is idle, Fwink often flips open and closes his switchblade or spins it around his finger.

Fighting Style: Fwink is extremely fast and a master of concealment. He especially prides himself on his ability to “appear” out of thin air. However, he lacks greatly in the brute strength department. He is by no means weak, but not exceptionally strong. He is also fairly frail and cannot take a beating very well. He instead relies on his speed to doge attacks. What he lacks in strength he makes up for with skill and adaptability. He is an exceptionally fast learner and will quickly find the enemies weaknesses and analyze their fighting style. He will then adapt his weapon choice and style to counter theirs.
While he almost always fights with his switchblade in his left hand, he produces many weapons during the fight to use in his right hand. His cloak is full of hidden pockets and he stores an arsenal of close quarters and ranged weapons in it. He uses his speed to get close enough to his target to use his weapons and prefers to use hit and run tactics instead of brawling with them. He will also often reverse his grip on the switchblade, holding it with either the serrated or slicing edge forward and sometimes holding it pointing down from the pinky instead of up from the thumb.
Fwink will often run off and hide in the shadows and use his throwing knives to hinder his opponent. He aims mostly for legs and arms to limit his enemy’s effectiveness and hopefully incapacitate one of their limbs. He then closes in with his switchblade or whatever weapon he had chosen for his other hand.

Ship: “New Start”, The small rowboat with a sail that Fwink woke up on after losing his memory

Ship Flag: none

Devil Fruit: none

Special Abilities: Excellent concealment abilities, throwing his voice, silent steps, Fast learner, beginners luck.

Learned Techniques (Keep it 1-25):
Switchblade: (All attacks are named after different characterizations of leaves)
Petiolated Sinuate: Uses the smooth edge of his switchblade in the normal, upright hold.
Sessile Sinuate: Uses the smooth edge of his switchblade in the reverse, downward hold.
Petiolated Dentate: Uses the serrated edge of his switchblade in the normal, upright hold.
Sessile Dentate: Uses the serrated edge of his switchblade in the reverse, downward hold.
Lanceolate: Stabs at the enemy with his switchblade.
Rosulate: Slashes the enemy 8 times, then stabs them. The attack forms a rosetta shape (looks kind of like an asterisk * ) , slashes alternate between the smoother cutting edge and the serrated edge.
Pinnate: a series of 9 slashes that form a shape that looks like the veins of a leaf. The first 8 are 2 sets of parallel lines that get progressively longer, forming the smaller veins that branch off. These use the smooth edge of the blade. The last slash is the center vein, and uses the serrated edge.
Palmate: A very fast series of slashes that forms 5 Pinnates origination from the same point. This looks like five leaves with their stems touching.

Throwing Knives
Stumble Shiv: Throws a knife at the enemies’ calf or ankle, making them stumble and affecting their ability to run or move their foot.
Stagger Shiv: Throws a knife at the enemies’ thigh, making them stagger and affecting their ability to walk or lift their leg.
Hindering Shiv: Throws a knife at the enemies’ wrist or hand, making it impossible to move the hand or hold weapons.
Maiming Shiv: Throws a knife at the enemies’ Upper arm, piercing the bicep or tricep. This makes it difficult to move their forearm.
Crippling Shiv: Throws a knife at the enemies’ shoulder, making hard to move their arm in any direction.

Throw Voice: Fwink can make his voice seem to come from other directions

Surprise Switch: Fwink switches the weapon he is using in his right hand. Some examples of weapons he might switch to are listed in the weapons/items section below. Fwink is in no way a master of any of these weapons, but is fairly proficient with them.

Weapons/Items:
Weapon Name: Fwink's Switchblade

Description: A large switchblade that Fwink claims is “indestructible”. The blade is about 7 inches long, while the handle is about 5 inches. This blade has one serrated edge and another smooth slicing edge. The blade is made out of an unknown black metal. It had a simple wooden handle with a hole in the end where a string with a small seastone on it is tied. He sometimes uses this string to spin the knife around his finger. He uses the switchblade in his left hand.

Weapon Special Abilities: Very durable, can notch a sword without receiving a scratch. Has a small seastone attached to it, can negate devil fruit powers.

Weapon Name: Fwink's Throwing Knives

Description: Well Balanced Throwing Knives. Made of a very silvery-white metal, perhaps a form of steel. They have a metal grip, a pointed cross guard, and a double edged blade. They are about 6 inches long, 3 for blade, 3 for grip.

(These are a few of the weapons Fwink might produce during a battle for use in his right hand, they are fairly low quality)
Pistol
Hammer
Cutlass
Small Bomb
Brass Knuckle
Small Buckler (Shield)
4 Needles
Hatchet
Chain

Goals: To avoid boredom by seeing and trying new things

Last edited by Fwink on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm

so he can teleport?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:56 pm

no, he sneaks up on people, it seems like he "appears" really he just steps out of the shadows
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 pm

explain a whole lot more
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:03 pm

i added "Since he is extremely adept as sneaking around silently in the shadows, Fwink can walk up behind someone unnoticed. He is still getting used to his innate abilities, and therefore has a bad habit of "appearing from thin air" behind people and scaring them (whether it’s on purpose or not is unknown)." to clarify. i dont know exactly how it works since im not an expert at silent movement...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 pm

oh alright
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:12 pm

does alright mean approved?
if not please tell me what else i need to clarify/add/take out
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

please list ALL of his special abilities where they belong....
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:20 pm

it is, i said excellent concealment and silent steps... that is exactly what he does, he hides in the shadows and walks around silently, if he does this behind someone, he can seem to appear
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 pm

it mentions ventriloquism in personality
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:25 pm

o sry, ok ill put that in, i didnt really intend it for battle purposes but i guess i might use it...

Edit:
wait i did put that, he throws his voice, it not ventriloquism because he still moves his mouth, but its similar because his voice seems to come from a different direction, or all directions
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:54 pm

added two new techniques,
Throw Voice: Fwink can make his voice seem to come from other directions

Surprise Switch: Fwink switches the weapon he is using in his right hand. Some examples of weapons he might switch to are listed in the weapons/items section below. Fwink is in no way a master of any of these weapons, but is fairly proficient with them.

and some of the generic Weapons Fwink might use in his right hand
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 pm

i know im double posting but it would be really nice to get someone to approve this char
ill delete this post after someone looks at him, if an admin doesnt first
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:00 am

((double posting only applys to in side role plays))

the weapons swich means that he has all those weapons on him which is to many to have
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 am

should i say he brings 3 to a fight at once?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 am

given the fact that those knives are so small, but normally I wouldn't allow it, if you want to change which three he must return to the dingy, also list each three he has on him at the start of each thread
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 am

well a pistol isn't that big, and he would wear a cutlass or a hammer on his belt
ya ill say which he brings when he leaves the boat
so anything else need clarification?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"Fwink" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fwink"   "Fwink" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:10 am

nothing that comes to mind

it is approved, now you can start RPing
Back to top Go down