One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"3 Step" Seryu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Name: “3 Step” Seryu

Bounty: None

Species: Human

Occupation: Sharpshooter, Inventor, Hunter (hunting animals), Bounty Hunter

Allegiance: Pirate

Home Ocean: West Blue

Appearance:
Height: 5’6
Weight: 121 lbs
Eyes: Bright Yellow
Hair: Dark brown, longer on the right side then the left, covers right eye.
Physical: Fairly skinny and not too muscular, skin is very light, but not white. Face is childish and bright. Often is smiling. Appears taller then he is because he is so skinny and has fairly long legs. Seryu is missing the pinky finger on his right hand.
Clothes: Wears a dark green jacket open over a black shirt. Wears brown pants cut off at the calves. The pants appear old and worn and have many loose strands where they are cut. Wears sandals that are light brown with a black strap. Also wears a black beanie with dark green splotches. Has a quiver on his back with arrows with green feathers. Wears a brown satchel slung over the opposite shoulder that the quiver is on.

History: Seryu came from a forest island in West Blue. He never new his parents because all the children on the island lived together and were trained to hunt and provide for the people of the island. The forest of the island was very harsh and many of the inhabitants did not live past 30 because of savage animal attacks or disease. Seryu lost his right pinky finger to a carnivorous plant when he was 3 and has not been able to count past the number 3 since.
Seryu was extremely small and skinny as a boy and was therefore taught archery and trapping. He did not believe in the dangerous way of life of the people on the island and built himself a boat when he turned 9. He then set out to see the world and escape the harsh island.
Seryu became a bounty hunter to make money to live on. He has a very inventive mind and adapted his fighting style to use traps in conjunction with his bow. On one of his assignments, Seryu had to capture/kill a leader of a bandit gang known as “Cigar” Garlum. Garlum used a pair of flails that emitted a smoke cloud, making it very difficult for Seryu to attack him. When Seryu finally caught Grlum in a bear trap, he shot the frustrating man through the heart and took his Smoke Flails.

Personality: Quite around those he doesn’t know. With his friends, however, he is an avid prankster and loves to laugh at peoples surprised expressions. He is quick witted and energetic. He is usually preparing some sort of prank, or reminiscing about a previous one. He also likes to build new tips for his arrows. He gets bored when he has nothing to do which is probably why he likes practical jokes. Many people don’t like him at first because of his pranks, but those who can see past the trickster will find a very fun and energetic friend.
Seryu has a major problem with counting past the number 3. It is pretty much impossible for him. After losing his pinky finger his mind just couldn’t wrap around the concept of the number 4. Consequently he is very bad at math and will count in sets of 3, making him pause for a second to think about it. So when planning he will usually keep the strategy to 3 steps and while fighting he simply does not have the time and will just start over at 1.
Seryu has a habit of twirling an arrow between his fingers like a baton or counting to three, then restarting at one and counting to three again when he is idle.

Ship: Cerulean Wake

Ship Flag: A single skull devoid of a lower jaw and having a splitting crack in the upper left rests in the center. The only further decoration on the flag is a pair of rapiers crossing the skull, blade tips facing down. The rapiers in the flag however, do not resemble the one Jackson wields.

Special Abilities: Sharpshooter, Trapper, 3 Step Mind (no attack can have more then three steps to it)

Learned Techniques:
3 Step Trap style
Seryu uses an elaborate strategy including traps and distracting arrows. He is especially skilled at quickly firing a volley of 3 arrows. Seryu will often use smoke bombs to conceal his movement and give him time to place traps around the battle field. He then retreats to some form of large cover, preferably forest-like (green clothes). Seryu uses cover to hide from his opponents and fire arrows at them. Most of his attacks aren’t meant to kill, but simply to control the movement of his opponent or distract them. He then leads them to his traps to either harm them or at least root them in place so he can finish them off with a killing arrow.

3 Step Bow style
When Seryu doesn’t have time to lay traps he prefers to use flash bang arrows to temporarily stun his opponent before shooting them. He also may use a combination of 3 arrows to trap his opponent into dodging into an arrow. All his attacks are planned out 3 steps ahead and designed to control the enemy.

Twin Smoke Flails
When Seryu is forced to engage in close combat, such as when he loses his bow, he uses his pair of flails that emit smoke. The smoke makes it extremely difficult to fight with him, and he exploits this advantage whenever possible. Seryu has little strength and virtually no stamina. He relies on the speed of the swinging flail to harm his opponents and the smoke to protect him from attack. Whenever possible he retreats to cover and engages his enemies from range. Since Seryu is a sharpshooter, he has little skill in close combat and can be easily overpowered.

Weapons: Recurve Long Bow

Arrows

Normal Point: A normal arrow used for piercing enemy flesh.

Heavy Point: Uses a weighted arrow to pierce through metal or armor. This can puncture one inch of steel. This has less range and is slightly inaccurate.

Whistle point: An arrow that make a high pitched whistling sound. This can be used to signal friends or distract enemies.

Flash Point: The arrow gives off a very bright flash of light when the tip hits a hard surface. This can blind enemies within 20 feet.
Smoke Point: Same idea as Flash Point arrows, except the arrow emits smoke. The smoke covers about a 15x15x10 foot area.

Web Point: A spider web explodes from the arrow, entangling the target. The strands stick to anything they come in contact with and are as strong as steel wire. However, the arrow has very short range and is very inaccurate.

Traps

Bear Trap: Two "Jaws" face up and clamp together with teeth that dig into the targets leg (or arm or w/e). The trap is sprung when something pushed the pad in the middle, causing the jaws to close. 1 foot diameter. (Poor Concealment) (Good Concealment in Camouflage)

Trip Wire: An extremely thin wire is set across an area and attached to a device (bomb, gun, crossbow, ect.) when the wire is moved the device activates, hopefully hitting the target. 3 foot length. (Great Concealment)

Bomb Pad: a small black pad that explodes when pressure is applied to it, it is usually lain on the ground in a hope that someone will step on it. 1 foot diameter. (Good Concealment)

Caltrops: a tetrahedral, or 4 pointed object used to pierce the feet of attackers. 3 points touch the ground while the last always points up, making it hard to walk in the area. 5x5 foot area. (Average Concealment)

Oil Slick: Slippery black oil is poured on the ground, making walking nearly impossible and causing those who attempt to to slip and fall 10x10 foot area. (Average Concealment)

Camouflage: Can be a bush or leaves or virtually anything that naturally occurs in the area. Increases the Concealment Rating of a trap by 1 (Poor>Average>Good>Great). By 2 for bear traps.

((Note: I still haven't thought about how to incorporate concealment ratings yet, but I thought I should at least put them in for reference.))

Dream: To find the ultimate prank that could surprise someone so much that they fall into a coma; also to see the funniest surprised face in the world. To a lesser extent to be able to count to 4.

Last edited by Fwink on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Joined Untouchables)
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:56 pm

ok i know im double posting but it would be really nice to get someone to look at this char, its been 2 weeks since i posted him...
ill delete this post after someone looks at him, if an admin doesnt first
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:24 pm

could some one look at this char please, Admin-sama is getting tired of doing all the work so if another admin would look at it that would be fantastic
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:40 pm

yeah really people Iggy never dose any admining when he is in, Hawk has an absent note but Captaincorkscrew-dana has not logged on in months Mad + Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am

That is not fair for you, Admin-sama. That forces you to do all the work yourself. I feel for you, man...I wish I could help.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

I will appoint an admin soon, if things don't change, but I picked him months ago
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Im sorry, I've had alot of homework and Im failing my classes.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:05 pm

hey iggy, this char still needs approval...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Igyy and I are in the same boat, or at leist we were last quarter
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 pm

ok well u probably have thanksgiving break sumtime next week so if you could approve it then that would be nice
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:20 am

So Admin-Sama, why didn't you approve this?

Compared to other characters here it seems rather tame. I can't wait to see how you get people to move where you want them to.

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 am

well unless they want an arrow between the eyes they're going to have to move...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"3 Step" Seryu Empty
PostSubject: Re: "3 Step" Seryu   "3 Step" Seryu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"3 Step" Seryu
Page 1 of 1