One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Positions Remain?

Go down 
+4
Layman Iconoclast
Gael
Maxulus
Shichibukai Hunter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

What Positions Remain? Empty
PostSubject: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 am

I've seen a lot of discussion about who the next Straw Hat crew mate is going to be and yet I haven't see anyone say what positions they think are left to be filled. So I'm going to ask the question. What positions are open in the Straw Hat Pirates that would be useful in the One Piece world?
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

The only needed position left is the Helmsman position... Somebody is needed to steer the ship. Coincidentally, Jinbe seems to be a steerer...
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 am

Doesn't Franky sort of have that job already?

I'd say Engineer as well, but Franky and Usopp have that handled pretty well between the pair of them.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 am

No, Franky is the Shipwright. He is doing the steering BUT if something happens and the ship is damaged during a storm in the middle of the ocean (something that should happen often in the New World), who is gonna steer the ship while Franky is fixing the ship?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Who sailed the ship before Franky came to the crew? Nami. She is a navigator after all and she directed the ship up until Franky joined. I think Chopper sailed it at one point as well while Nami was busy. And your example of a storm would be all the more reason for Nami to sail the ship. She is the best with weather conditions. Still, I can see your point about having a good helmsman to be available at all times.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Ussop repaired the ship before Franky as well, Ussop also bult and fired the weapons before Franky did, point is crew members sort of double up at times, and as the crew grows with a bigger ship theres bound to be some more overlap, but also I think that more than likely a more famious pirate will join them at some point if only to give them recognition, that member will use his or her experiance to council the straw hats as they go to the new world as a sort of guide but wont amont to much else but muscle
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
y dau cymraeg

y dau cymraeg

Location : a top secret location which even I dont know where it is

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 am

Since there was been little mentioned of the long leg tribe, the snake leg tribe, the dwarves or the minkmen, I think it could possibly be one of those species, in an attempt to introduce them, maybe even have a pretty indepth insight of them like what's happening on fishman island.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 am

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the game Skies of Arcadia but I always go back to that when I think about positions.

If you combine the two there is still:

Lookout-Zoro is always asleep in the lookout tower so hes not very good at being a lookout

Helmsmen-Its as you guys say where a few of the strawhats have been shown steering the Merry and Thousand Sunny but no one set in stone as of yet and they have shown Jinbei steering when they went back to Marineford

Cabin Boy-Don't forget thats where Shanks started out and look where he is now

Sailor-For your humdrum guys who look after the ship when your away

Their builder and engineer is Usopp so both of those are filled, I doubt there will be many more Strawhats and doubt Oda would consider the crew having an artisan which Usopp still kind of covers. In one the flashbacks after Ace's death Luffy said how many nakama he wanted. And hes just about there if you don't count him or the ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:00 pm

they need a storyteller/writer, someone to entertain the crew and write down their adventures
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:32 pm

To entertain the crew they already have Brooke, I agree with the idea if someone experienced that will guide them in the new world.
Back to top Go down
deathbymanga

deathbymanga

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:50 am

What they need is a beast Tamer. It was revealed in the Buggy arc that this is a legitimate position, as Mohji was one, and then the swamp guy said that it is a valued skill to be able to train sea animals to pull the ship. Plus, if a Beast Tamer can use a sea-faring beast, then the role of Helmsman is taken as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Positions Remain?   What Positions Remain? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Positions Remain?
Page 1 of 1