One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jay's Bo staff techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobopew

Hobopew

Jay's Bo staff techniques Empty
PostSubject: Jay's Bo staff techniques   Jay's Bo staff techniques Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 am

Technique list name: Street Staff style
Overview: The style wasn’t exactly made on the ‘street’ but is named as such because no Bo staff user has seen a style as unique as this one, it takes parts from other styles, and then changes them into ways they weren’t meant to be used.
User: https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net/t4381-jay-rateshi-finished
History: Jay was brought up on an island that prized itself on its warriors, and how they used their weapons, as such using only his fists wasn’t strictly allowed, so Jay chose the Bo staff and trained with it to the current level
Techniques:

-Level zero Techniques-
Basic form: User can use the Bo staff better than an amateur but not as good as a master martial artist, being able to block most of the average marines blows with a sword or other weapons.
Stat requirements: 10% skill 10%agility

Focused strike: The user pulls back the staff and focuses all their strength into a horizontal swing that if hits would send the average marine into the air a few feet away, possible breaking a bone. (Results vary on users strength vs. opponents endurance for PVP)
Stat Requirement: 15% strength 15%skill

Effect: When using attack, user gains a +5% strength bonus,

Focused Block: Much like the focused strike, the user prepares a block, against a specific attack using as much strength as they can spare to hold their ground and stop the attack, and create minimal damage on user.
Stat Requirement: 15% skill 15% Endureence

Effect: +5% endurance to block
(cannot use to block an attack whose strength is higher than the users endurance +10%)

Basic Combo: The basic combo of this level, is a three hit attack in swift succession to attack three of the opponents heavily relied on body parts in a battle, the first attack hits the opponents ear, either left or right does not matter, then an attack to the side of one of the knees, again left or right isn’t overly important, then finishing with a strong downward attack over the head.
Stat Requirement : 15% skill 15% speed 15%perception.

Effect: Depending on which of the combo attacks hit the opponent has a minor, and temporary (2 posts by the opponent) nerf to stats.

Ears: -3% to skill
Knee: -3% to speed/agility (users choice but not both)
Head: -3% to perception

-Level 1-
Name: Intermediate staff form
Type: Staff
Description: Very similar to the level zero form the Intermediate form has more of an aura around it, a stronger footing, and a firmer grip on the staff, appearing as if the user has more knowledge about the weapon than “I picked the stick and hold it like this” that the Beginner form has
Effect: The user using this form in a fighter has a slight buff to the defence/ Endurance, when in this form.

+3% to endurance when in this form to block normal attacks.
Stat Requirements: Endurance 15% Agility 15% skill 15%

Name: Improved Focused strike
Description: A more powerful form of the Focused Strike, however a smart user can perform two of the level zero focused strikes (with level Zero bonus’s) if the situation calls for it.
Effect:
+10% strength, when used with one attack
+5% if used for two hits one after another.

Stat Requirements: 20% Strength
20% Skill

Name: Improved Focused block
Description: And improved form of the improved block, and like the improved focused strike, if used to block two attacks, the bonus is halved, if used for three there is no bonus for the third block.
Effect: +10% to endurance to block one big attack,
+5% to endurance to block two attacks,
+0% to endurance on third attack onwards

Stat Requirements: 20% Endurance
20% skill

Name: Intermediate Combo
Description: The combo Jay uses is now expanded and strengthened to a five hit combo, the blows now deliver more power and as such, if hit deal more of hit to the senses in a fight. The attack order is now, Ear, Knee, Head and Ear the knee cap is now hit harder with the jab as is the head and the end hit onto the ear, causing the opponent to be knocked to the opposite direction (left ear goes to the right, right to the left)
Effect:
-6% skill
-6% speed/Agility
-6% Perception
Stat Requirements: 20%Skill 20%Strength 15%Perception

Last edited by Hobopew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Jay's Bo staff techniques   Jay's Bo staff techniques Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm

very well thought out

approved
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Jay's Bo staff techniques   Jay's Bo staff techniques Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

I'll update it with more when i level up, if thats okay.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Jay's Bo staff techniques   Jay's Bo staff techniques Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Level 1 is up, and more of a 'strengthening' rather than a 'produce something new' which i think i'll do every other level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay's Bo staff techniques   Jay's Bo staff techniques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay's Bo staff techniques
Page 1 of 1