One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why that name?

Go down 
+11
Captain One-eye
Shadow
Redmerv
y dau cymraeg
Maxulus
nikz200
Layman Iconoclast
Sleepy
Karasu(the crow)
LoreleiMaiden
Shichibukai Hunter
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Here's a question for everyone. I am not a mod or an admin so there is no prize for answering this. It is simply a matter of interest. The question is: Why did you choose your screenname for this site?

If this question is too personal, please do not answer it. We do not need people putting up certain information on the internet. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'll answer my own question just to start things off. I picked James D. Cook for several reasons. First and foremost I wanted my screenname to be the same as at least one of my characters. I choose James Cook because there is a real guy who has that name and I always thought it was cool when Ichiro Oda based names off of real people. The D. part you can figure out on your own.
Back to top Go down

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 pm

i chose valawsedit because it is an anagram for tidal waves
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:33 pm

I chose LoreleiMaiden as it relates to an old sea myth.

In an old German folklore poem, the poet talks about a siren/mermaid called "Lorelei."
I've always loved that poem, the myth and the name and it was the name of a ship I created in a previous RP.

And the "maiden" part really just stems from the fact that I'm a girl...

Back to top Go down

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm

I call my self sorry kid because it suits me very well. I kinda have this habit of ticking people off unintentional hence sorry, and I'm very silly and immature hence kid. Put those together sorrykid.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:52 pm

A friend of mine who was catholic loved to tell everyone who their past animals where, Like the life before this one lol, i dont really believe in all that but when she looked at me she said i had a similarity to Crows, with my black hair, Weird personality and worse eating habbits lol. The name stuck to me.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I guess I'm the only one here without any reason for his screen name... I was just sleepy when I signed up, like I am most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

when I first made the site my default name was "Admin" and I felt like I should keep the title but needed to distinguish myself

on a side note crow my power animal/spirit guide is and has always been a brown mini lop rabbit, hawks is (ironicaly) an owl
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
nikz200

nikz200

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 pm

200 signifies the number of rebirths and evolutions that i have undertaken in my lifetime... and nikz is my name with a z at the back no particular reason for that one, just sounded cool...
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 am

Well, the way I chose my name is weirder than anyone's here... My real name, Mercury, starts with a "M". Then, the fact that I loved the organization 13 and their strange names came and I wanted to put a screen name with an "X". Combining the M and the X the most reasonable name was Max. Then, again I found that too common and so I added -ulus in the end for no particular reason, forming the name I currently have. LAWWWWWWWWWWWWL
Back to top Go down
y dau cymraeg

y dau cymraeg

Location : a top secret location which even I dont know where it is

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:39 am

Since, I have a wierd mind, I came up with a welsh crime fighting duo in my head, which I know actually use them in anything with custom characters, which is in welsh. It means the two welsh oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 am

well mine is quite obvious, my real name is redmer veenstra, and I decide to go with redmerv, now a days a lot of people call me merv,
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 pm

I was just lazy and picked that name o.o'
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I picked mine because well...I love blades and Kenjiro roughly translates to son of blades. Nakamura is just a random last name I found.
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:58 am

that is a veeeery long story....cause my name is youri and i am not so creative...
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:23 am

youri wrote:
that is a veeeery long story....cause my name is youri and i am not so creative...

or maybe your name could be an illusion on our screens because of your meimu-meimu powers
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

we will never know~
Back to top Go down

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 pm

(was bored so I decided to do this).
Well, I've had various names in this site, so I'll do the list. (sadly).
-TheLostOne10: well, since I've been little, I've had really bad direction sense, I've even gotten myself lost in my own house, hence the name the lost one, the 10 is because my birthday is on January 10th.
-LostJoy: well, since my previous name was TheLostOne10, I decided to stick with Lost, which was how almost everybody called me, and still do.... And the Joy part because my name's Joyce, so the short for Joyce is Joy, besides it sounded cool for it to be LostJoy XD
-Lost: well.. got tired of long usernames, besides, I'm a lazy person, that's why it got shorten to Lost.
-Lemon Pie: well, it was because I like lemon pie... and well, then also because I was bored, I get bored easily.. >_> but anyway, that's another story.. ((should I change my name to TheBoredOne10? lol)).
-Pancakes: I think everyone active on the chatbox knows about my addiction to the pancakes *w* they're just delicious and I feel like saying 'pancakes' every now and then, randomly. So, that's why my name actually is Pancakes... not for much though lol.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Originally mine was Keymaster of Souls but it sounded.....kinda terrible. Everyone already called me Keymaster or Key, so I just shortened it. Now it's pretty much my only username.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Agthala

Agthala

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm

The way I actually got this username was because it was the name of my first RP character I ever used. After that I continuously used it as a username as it stuck on me as I kept creating characters called "Agthala", although the surname always differs.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Annachie wrote:
i chose valawsedit because it is an anagram for tidal waves
but why the new name vala?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Newspeak

Newspeak

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Newspeak has a double meaning. One of them would be self-defeating in purpose if I mentioned it.

The second and more important source is the language crafted by The Party in the novel 1984, which is simply called "Newspeak". It's a super-condensed shorthand language which makes all description and communication as bland and simplistic and uniform as possible, making it difficult to communicate thoughts that would be considered undesirable by The Party.

Doubleplusungood.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:58 pm

My name is actually my nickname in real. I introduced my friend Chris to One Piece when it first came out. As times grew, He'd always refer to me as "Luffy". He said we acted so much a like. How we ate, how I slept through anything. And soon, he said I was more like "The Black Luffy".

Till this day He calls me "Black Luffy". Sadly I've been answering to it. Lol, But I can't deny it.
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am

(since i changed my name i need to do another explanation)
well i choose scapegoat since people like to blame things on me Razz ...and scapegoat's are needed for this world to exist >: )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why that name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why that name?   Why that name? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why that name?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: General Discussion-
Jump to: