One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Island Creation Contest!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gael
Admin
Gael

Island Creation Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Welcome one, welcome all: to the first Island Creation Contest! I will be your host, as the honorable Keymaster is rather unavailable at the moment! This contest will be to try to populate our fair site with some extra islands, so we won't be demolishing Water Seven or Impel Down with an astonishing amount of regularity!

This contest will have three winners: those who have one of the three winners will receive a free character slot, free of charge! (Not like you can buy one in the first place...) Everyone can participate, from newbies to veterans, normal members to Admins or Mods! You can make a maximum of two entries: feel free to make more, but they will not be put up for review!

Each entry will be graded by three randomly chosen mods, so that mods won't review their own material, and the contest is in general made more fair. Each Mod/Admin can grade an island on a scale from one to ten, with a total maximum of thirty points. As mentioned above, only two submissions will be accepted. You may only win once. If you happen to get two in the top three, then the top fourth will be accepted.

You may not use islands previously made for RP's, as it is sort of cheating (as it's already made). If you made mention to an island in passing, it's perfectly fine to use that island.

Entries must be made via PM to yours truly. Submissions end June 30, 2011. Please use the sheet located in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gael on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Addendum: It is important to know that once these islands have been made, anyone can use them. However, in order to do anything major to the island (like conquer it, destroy it, or ruin its economy), you must contact the creator of the island.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I already have five submissions: keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

We've reached 10 submissions, and as we only have four willing judges, the rules have been changed slightly: two judges per island, fifteen points apiece. Therefore, maximum points is still 30.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:30 pm

oh gael id be willing to judge
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Redmerv has also decided that he will paint the first place island as an additional prize, and submissions are no longer being accepted. Expect the grades to come out on Monday or earlier!
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:11 pm

All the scores have been tallied, and here are the winners!

First place is GoreFish, with her Mokupuni Island garnering a grand total of 27 out of 30 points!
Second place is the Nether Wild, created by our very own Frog Dragon! He earned 24 out of 30 points!
Third place, tied with the Nether Wild, is myself with the Eurul Kingdom, earning 24 out of 30 points!

You three have earned a free character slot!

Thank you to all who participated: I will be placing all islands up for viewing in the RP Area!

Gore, you will be contacted by Redmerv shortly about his special prize.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 am

Yaaaay! Thank you guys! All that hard work was worth it!
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:05 am

gratz to the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and good luck to Redmerv at drawing the island with that big description xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:09 am

lol max, congratz gael, frog, and especially Gore, hard work does pay off lol
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:23 am

Congratz to all winners! Mind posting the scores of the rest of the islands?
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:58 am

I suppose I could.

Eden Beach and Tower of Fallen Angels tied with 22 points.
Pirate's Graveyard and Tundra Island tied with 19 points.
Garbador, Crossgate, and Rakuen islands tied with 16 points.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Sweet! i'm fourth!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Island Creation Contest!   Island Creation Contest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Island Creation Contest!
Page 1 of 1