One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hiro Hiro no Mi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Name: Hiro Hiro no Mi (wide wide fruit)

Abilities: Allows the user to 'widen' any aspect of a weapon. The most obvious use would be to make a sword bigger/longer, but it can also be used to reshape a weapon completely, provided the user is touching the weapon in question. By using the word "Revert" the user can return the weapon to it's original state (To the state it was before the Hiro Hiro no Mi affected it; a broken weapon could not be repaired using "Revert"). Not only can the weapon itself be manipulated, but as can the force behind its swing, like when Zoro uses his cannon techniques and 'throws' a slice, those can be affected by the user as well. The power is one that has to be trained, though. One could not simply eat the fruit and make a 100-foot sword instantly; they have to practice learning how to shape the weapon, the speed at which they shape it, and the weight they make the weapon become.

Aspects of a weapon affected by a Hiro Hiro no Mi user:
Width
Length
Weight
Sharpness
Shape (through a combination of length/width modifications)
The wind 'thrown'
Momentum

Strengths: The user can avoid damage from other weapons by blunting them as soon as they make contact with him, and as long as the user doesn't touch the stone itself, kairoseki weapons can be manipulated just the same (based off of the Golden Lion's manipulation of water and Smoker's use of his Jute.) Also, the weapon can be reshaped into anything that the user can learn to produce (only simple shapes). For example, if the user's ship were stranded in the Calm Belt, the user could launch himself into the air with his technique, change his weapon to a large fan, and manipulate the compressed air 'thrown' by the fan to make it more powerful but unable to cut, creating a gust of wind to blow the ship into motion. Of course, 'hidden techniques' exist for those that would implement this power into their fighting style (for example, Hiro Hiro no: Hiroi Maki Ba (Broad Meadow): the user sticks a sword into the ground, and spreads it across and area, and then makes razor-sharp blades of "grass" shoot from the ground around his/her target. Named for it's effect of looking like a field of tall grass from a distance).

Weaknesses: Manipulating a weapon requires skin contact. Unless the user also uses haki, logia users will still have the advantages they have over anyone else. Enel's Goro Goro no Mi would probably destroy an unpracticed Hiro Hiro no Mi user. Also, if the user does not remember to alter the weight of the weapon as well, he or she may not be able to use the weapon they made. Focus must also be retained whilst using the power; if interrupted, the weapon being manipulated will 'Revert' (especially crucial for attacks that involve actively using the power, like the above Hiroi Maki Ba). This goes for *some* 'thrown' slices (for example, if an attack is thrown without the power, or is modified before the user loses focus, it will maintain, but if the 'thrown' attack involves constant manipulation, like a homing slice, then focus is required throughout).

Type: Paramecia

Note: Once a weapon has been changed, it will remain changed until Reverted. If a weapon is being changed a second time and the user is interrupted, the weapon returns to it's original form, before the first manipulation occured.

Edit: Just thought of this, but if a manipulated weapon breaks, and is then 'Reverted,' it will still be broken.

Last edited by Shiro-san on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new idea/ edited idea)
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Quote :
(To the state it was before the Hiro Hiro no Mi affected it; a broken weapon could not be repaired using "Revert," but could be 'reconstructed' if the user knows how it used to be).
No, that'd be like repairing the weapon. If you revert it, then the cracks would stay there all the same, I think. It would be too overpowered if the weapon couldn't even be destroyed properly.

Quote :
Also, the weapon can be reshaped into anything that the user can learn to produce (a wall, a ship, etc.)
I don't really like this, it'd mean you could produce anything out of anything. Again, this seems a little much to me. How about just settling on making a bigger/longer/whatever version of the same thing instead?

Otherwise, creative thinking.
Back to top Go down

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:33 pm

GoreFish wrote:
Quote :
(To the state it was before the Hiro Hiro no Mi affected it; a broken weapon could not be repaired using "Revert," but could be 'reconstructed' if the user knows how it used to be).
No, that'd be like repairing the weapon. If you revert it, then the cracks would stay there all the same, I think. It would be too overpowered if the weapon couldn't even be destroyed properly.

Quote :
Also, the weapon can be reshaped into anything that the user can learn to produce (a wall, a ship, etc.)
I don't really like this, it'd mean you could produce anything out of anything. Again, this seems a little much to me. How about just settling on making a bigger/longer/whatever version of the same thing instead?

Otherwise, creative thinking.

I think I get what you mean, to the first one... I just meant that if, say, a weapon was snapped halfway down, the user could widen what's left to the original shape of the weapon; of course, reverting it would turn it back into a broken weapon.

To the second point, I thought of the 'walls' as creative use of a really wide sword. I could see how a ship would be a bit much, unless the user was a shipwright and used a different weapon for each piece... haha the more I think about it, the sillier it seems. It all stemmed from the idea that if a ship's mast was broken then the user could create a long, round sword as a temporary replacement shaft.

What if it was just simple shapes, like a ring? (it would be neat to have a sword hidden as a ring, it would look like you conjured it out of nowhere.)

Last edited by Shiro-san on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Simple shapes are more than acceptable, I was just worried about you going: "hey guys, I just ttly made a ship out of my sword. Aren't I awesome?"
You don't seem like the type, but the danger's always there.
But making a mast out of it would be totally fine. Just a question, is there a limit to how much something can be widened?
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Uh... I think you may be looking for this fruit.
Back to top Go down

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Umm... I never really thought of a limit, but anything too big just didn't seem feasible...
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Please click the "this" up at my most recent post?
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 am

Oh my, I didn't remember this one. Sorry bout that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiro Hiro no Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiro Hiro no Mi   Hiro Hiro no Mi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiro Hiro no Mi
Page 1 of 1