One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gavin Spencer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Name: Gavin Spencer

Bounty: 20,000,000

Species: Human

Allegiance: Rebels

Home Village/Ocean: Mais Town; Rose Island; South Blue

Appearance: He has a slight tan, short red-hair, and blue eyes. He normally wears a red and white vertically striped, short-sleeved shirt and blue jeans. He also wears black shoes. He is about five feet, four inches tall. He is muscular, but this is not so obvious just by looking at him. He sometimes wears a black cloak over himself which hides his whole body from view except his hands and a small part of his lower portion of his face.

History: Gavin grew up in the South Blue for most of his young life. He was born on Rose Island in the South Blue. He had a good family. He was well supported by both of his parents. However, after four years, his life was turned upside down. His parents were rebels against the world government. They were planted on this island to wait until the time to strike against the government by destroying a marine base. The time never came. Their co-conspirators were captured. After much interrogation, one of their fellow conspirators gave their names along with many others. As can be expected, the world government came down on Gavin's parents immediately, executing them on the spot. Gavin was given to a orphanage, where he stayed for many years. He hated the world government for this, never understanding why his parents, who he thought were perfect, had been killed in such a manner. He kept quiet however, not wanting to risk his own life needlessly. After many years of waiting, Gavin left the island and joined a crew of pirates. He fought against the world government at every opportunity. He did not care what happened to his crew and when it became too dangerous, he left them to the marines. As time went on, his hate began to evaporate. He saw disgusting actions preformed by rebels who were even more corrupt then the world government. His belief in his parent's perfection was shattered. He did not know what to do. Finally he came to a decision. He would become a different kind of rebel. A rebel who believed in true justice. He wanted to save the world from all those who hurt other people. He wanted to save the world.

Gavin has traveled to all four of the blues. He has been on almost a quarter of the islands of the Grand Line. During this time of exploration Gavin fought alongside and against both pirates and marines. At first the marines ignored him, but then, when he was fourteen, he killed a marine. They then investigated his background and discovered who he was. Since his parents were rebels this somewhat alarmed the marines, but they did not think it was a big deal. So they gave him a bounty of 1,000 berries. It went downhill from there. Gavin outmaneuvered the marines at every turn. Slowly but surely his bounty went up. Within a month after he gained his first bounty, his bounty jumped to 1,000,000 berries. At the age of fifteen, Gavin found and ate a strange fruit which gave him the ability to control sound. By this point, a few bounty hunters were getting interested in him and tried to take him down. Needless to say, they failed. Gavin next fought a marine captain who had formed a blockade to trap some pirates. This blockade did stop the pirates, but it stopped all shipping in the area. Gavin managed to defeat the marine captain and ended the blockade. His bounty rose to 5,000,000 after that incident, but it didn't stop there. Gavin disappeared for a few years, but when he resurfaced he was under the command of an ex-pirate. A man known only as the "Black Wolf". Gavin continued his fight against the injustice of the marines and with the help of his new allies, he destroyed a marine fleet which was on its way to settle their riots. This was the last straw and Gavin's bounty rocketed straight up to 18,000,000. He now follows the Black Wolf and shows no signs of leaving him any time soon.

Personality: He is laid back, and lighthearted, but serious when he needs to be. The only time his cool demeanor is broken is when the world government kills without a justified reason. He is determined to destroy the world government and can become very passionate about it. He also despises some pirates for what they do, but hides it as he usually has to work with those same pirates.

Ship Name: The Crate

Description: It is a small cargo ship which he bought from a elderly merchant. The ship's name comes from its bulky appearance.

Devil Fruit: Oto-Oto no mi
Type: Logia
Effect: This fruit allows the user to manipulate sound, amplify sound, and move at the speed of sound for brief periods of time.

Special Abilities:

Super Brain: He can analyze attacks and devise ways to counter them in an instant. He can also memorize details such as someone's appearance or a speech that was given and can recite exactly what he saw or heard.

Explosives: He is a master at creating explosives.

Nimble: He is extraordinarily nimble, being able to jump twice his height from a standing position.

Learned Techniques:

Shockwave: A blast of sound that he amplifies and sends out from around his body to deafen everyone near him.

120 decibel: A single note which he fires into someone's ears to disorient them and possibly damage their hearing.

Silence: He erases all sound in a certain area to confuse his opponents.

Weapons:

Guitar

Otobakufuu

Goal: To create a new government which allows its people to live in freedom.

Last edited by James D. Cook on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 pm

expand on Appearance and Personality, then i can approve you
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 am

I expanded the personality and threw in a little bit in his appearance, but I'm not sure what else I can do. If I need to add more I might need some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 am

ok this is sufficient

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 am

nikz200 wrote:
ok this is sufficient

APPROVED

Thanks. He'll be in the war.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 am

by himself or with someones crew?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:41 am

By himself. This man, Black Wolf, had become interested in the Anubis Pirates. As such, he has sent one of his men to observe them in battle. Gavin isn't much of a fighter, but he is good at distracting people and has managed to escape from the marines time and time again for the last seven years of his life.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 am

ok good
Back to top Go down

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 pm

The technique 200 decibels must be removed. A blast of 200 decibels enough to rupture lungs. Disorientation and pain occurs at a much lower level
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Major Sarcasm wrote:
The technique 200 decibels must be removed. A blast of 200 decibels enough to rupture lungs. Disorientation and pain occurs at a much lower level

I know. I checked it out before I put it up. But the name is not the literal meaning of the attack. That's the reason why I put a description on it. If I took it literally then I wouldn't have bothered. The same goes for Shockwave. A literal shockwave is 194 decibels. Should I take that off as well?

I changed 200 to 120 which is where sound begins to damage your hearing. That'll need to be re-approved I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Shockwave is fine. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks. Now on to battle.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I added a new attack.

Final Symphony: The sound in the air goes to a pitch that distorts all of a humans senses. For example: Everything a person sees meshes together and looks like a twisted mess and sound cannot be distinguished or identified. Gavin must be completely focused when using this attack and cannot protect himself from its effects by using Silence to block the sound.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 am

REAPPROVED

How does one break out of this attack?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:41 am

nikz200 wrote:
REAPPROVED

How does one break out of this attack?

The attack ends when Gavin stops making the sound go at that pitch. It'll drop back to normal levels and both Gavin and his opponent are released from its hold.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:35 am

i mean how can an enemy break out of it?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 am

Hmmm....it's not really possible, unless you get out of range. Perhaps the range should be like fifty feet or something. The thing is, as long as it is affecting you, you don't know what is around you because you can't see, hear, smell, touch, or taste it without getting about one hundred different mixed signals in your brain. So I guess the only way to escape would be to run and hope there isn't a wall there. Putting your hands over your ears doesn't do anything because the sound is in the air around you affecting your senses from the outside.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Thats like godmodding...........
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Okay, then I won't use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gavin Spencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gavin Spencer   Gavin Spencer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gavin Spencer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: Character Creation-
Jump to: