One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD

Go down 
+3
Layman Iconoclast
Redmerv
Cryptic Terror
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Empty
PostSubject: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:04 pm

I am a graphite and sketch pad girl... this computer drawing nonsense is FAR out of my comfort zone but it IS a lot of fun. Smile This is my first and currently only character, Sanura Jade in various forms. I apologize for the crudeness and very messy airbrushing. I had to figure out the layering concept and made things WAY harder than they had to be for a while. :X Also, should I keep the toothpaste hair colour it do something different? Random note: The name Sanura means kitten-like.

This one is a younger form shortly before acquiring the Devil Fruit.
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -611

This one is a Devil Fruit form This is my very first Manga Studio and computer drawing ever.
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -812

Devil Fruit again.
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -713

This is an older and current version some time after acquiring the Devil Fruit. (No, the fruit did not make her hair grow.)
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -511

This is her retired Jolly Roger for the Khafra pirates. So, I'm an Egypt Geek... Khafra is the name of the 4th dynasty Pharaoh for which the Great Sphinx was made. I'll get around to drawing her ship, Khufu's Plunder, one of these days. Khufu was also a 4th dynasty Pharaoh. A full sized, completely intact ship was found at the foot of his Pyramid, the Great Pyramid of Giza, and is the world's oldest known intact ship.
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -411

This is a simple Jolly Roger I made for the Black Cross Pirates
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -111

New avatar. XD
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -612

So... I kind of like making Jolly Rogers... does anyone want one?

New piece...
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -412

This one is for you, Shad0w-type.

UPDATE!
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Iphoto13

New character I'm working on:
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD 10

Jolly Roger for the Anubis Pirates
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -510

My newest character I'm working in... he's a fishman!
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -211

So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -311

Character picture update:
Kiana Giada Unmasked:
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -1010

Character Picture Update:
Sanura Jade Un-amine'd ...yeah that's not a word...
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Iphoto11

New Piece
Quick sketch of a funny scene... Hawks' cut lip gets healed by Jade's feline salivary enzymes ... awkwarrrrrrd! XD
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -613

New Piece
"Lightning Beast" Satoshi Miroku and "Demon Blacksmith" Kiana Giada in the midst of battle.
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -513
...not battling anymore. >_>
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD _210
New Character
Désirée

Last edited by Cryptic Terror on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 am; edited 35 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Holy crap you're good O.O...you must use a tablet right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:34 pm

your art looks good but you should add some shading, it would make it even better
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Aww... thank you so much. That's super nice of you since I'm still starting out. Smile I WANT a tablet... I actually use a curve tool. It takes some adjusting to... but it works really well when you figure it out. I haven't figured out how to shade yet... I think i can just airbrush some grey to deepen the colour or retrace over the areas with the same colour? Um.. do you know? ... I kind of... don't. :X I JUST got the software really recently... so i suck and don't know how to do much of anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh cool, the brush strokes looked like they were done with a tablet, i need to figure out how to do that, it looks good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:48 pm

If you have Manga studio... click on the line and go to the tool bar and select curve. I used that for nearly everything. The curves are thick in the middle and tapered at the ends so they do look like brush strokes. I still want a tablet though. Do you have a tablet? I have been looking around but I'm pretty wary because I have a Mac with Snow Leopard and no one specifically says they have divers updated for Snow Leopard. I kind of want to try a Bamboo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:50 pm

No i don't have either a tablet or manga studio, i use gimp. also i think the best tablet to use is the cintiq 12wx, costs too much but it looks quite sick.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:53 pm

I KNOW... I like the ones with the screens and nearly all of them are around 1,000 USD! Did you do the drawing of your little Headphone-Sir avatar?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Heck no, im not that good, i just found it on deviantart ¬_¬
Anyway, i'm going soon, ima try making a new picture use a new path thing i just found out about gimp, for curving Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Nice! Good luck, sir!
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Cryptic Terror wrote:
Aww... thank you so much. That's super nice of you since I'm still starting out. Smile I WANT a tablet... I actually use a curve tool. It takes some adjusting to... but it works really well when you figure it out. I haven't figured out how to shade yet... I think i can just airbrush some grey to deepen the colour or retrace over the areas with the same colour? Um.. do you know? ... I kind of... don't. :X I JUST got the software really recently... so i suck and don't know how to do much of anything.

anyways you should get a wacom bamboo they are good I got one too, they are not too expensive and well they are good to start out with, well for shading pick a bit of darker collour lower the opacity to around 10 % and start brushing, goodluck
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Thank you! I'll definitely try the opacity modulation out! I'll have to see if that Bamboos have Snow-Leopard compatible drivers. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:38 pm

well it works on the difrent I macs I used dont know about snow leopard
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:45 am

New piece...

This one is for you, Shad0w-type.

Last edited by Cryptic Terror on Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:23 am

it looks good, and I would like a jolly roger for the grandline youngsters, But i dont know what I want it
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:57 pm

that one is amazing, it would make a cool character for keymasters card site?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Haha... thanks! I made it for a character on here. Also, never ... ever ... draw on yourself with oil pencils! XD Takes forever to get that nonsense off! Red-type, do let me know when you figure out what sort of JR you want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:23 pm

I don't know how long those awesome little short vids have been around but they're soooo AWESOME!

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex.do?lid=8366211&iid=49686356&cid=9

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex.do?lid=8366211

Zoro even has a hot shadow! XD
<3
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:47 pm

New Avatar!
So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -512
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:56 am

love the eyes
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:31 am

A new character I'm working on. Sorry for the random blue lines... I went outside of the manga studio boundaries that I don't need ... but don't feel like figuring out how to remove. XD

So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD -813
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm

You can pick up a good-sized Bamboo tablet with a decent amount of features for like 90 bucks these days, maybe even cheaper off of e-Bay. It's a lot cheaper than any of the good Waccoms and just as good as the basic models.

Edit: Also, it's pretty cool that you do all that with the curve tool. Even so, you have a good grasp of manga body type and proportions. It looks very good.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Thank you, doll! That's so kind of you! I have been trying to hound a Bamboo on ebay ... but I don't want to commit until I know that the drivers are compatible with the Mac Snow Leopard OS. Thank you for the advice. I don't know if I can adjust to not seeing what I draw under the pen... if that makes sense... and the ones with the screen cost almost as much as my macbook. :X
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 pm

It's actually easier to get used to than it sounds. It's sort of like when you learn to type without looking at the keys as a child. At first it seems impossible, but soon it's easier to see the words appearing on the screen before you than it is to watch your fingers. I'm sure you'll get the swing fast enough.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Good to know! Thank you for the encouragement!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD   So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I just got Manga Studio for drawing and can't STOP! XD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next