One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Empty
PostSubject: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 am

Out of curiosity, does anyone spell check their posts before hitting submit? Again, sorry, but it's been bothering me.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:32 am

nope... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:50 am

I am usually pretty good with spelling, but I think I get where your coming from. I seen people post with countless spelling mistakes, but you just get used to it, you know?
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 am

I guess.
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:02 pm

I guess all you can do is make sure you set a good example by doing a quality roleplay with decent spelling and maybe others will follow your example.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm

some times the type of browser they use make a difference like safari spell checks for you but explorer does not
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Or you could use Word. However, I don't have Word after I reformated my computer. Though I can still use google and other websites to check proper spelling.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:23 pm

run every thing you say thru word no way
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:26 pm

The only problem with Word is that it takes a while to start up, so I like to just keep word open. Even Firefox's spell check doesn't have as many words in it as Word does. It's really a simply matter of typing it in word, then copy paste over to the reply form. All in all, an extra three seconds in the process.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:29 pm

i don't really have because i use safari
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Then check the spelling of words your not sure about with google.com
Back to top Go down
Futaba-Go

Futaba-Go

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:21 am

That's one of the reasons I'm not on very often. The grammar of some of the people here is not good at all. It annoys me to the point where I can't be on for very long. Especially with the admins. (no offense.) Corkscrew is the only one with tolerable spelling. There are only like four people on this who can spell decently. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: look here Futaba-go   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:25 am

you willnever be an admin with that attitude, if you dont like my site Futaba, then get out... I am sick of people coming on here and telling me how to run my site... if you hate it here than why do you keep comeing in and harrasing me?
Back to top Go down
Futaba-Go

Futaba-Go

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:52 am

Um... okay. First of all, I'm not harassing you. Second of all I don't care if I become an admin or not. I mearly suggested it beacause I know Naoki and Iggy don't have any experience with modding and I do. And out of the twenty-two memebers there are about five who are active regulary. This isn't a very well formatted site. And everyone here is "telling" you how to run it because it doesn't seem like you can do it. Have you seen other RP sites? Like for Naruto and Pokemon? They are in another league than this.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:09 am

lets play the @ss Hole game !jack wins!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:54 pm

I think what Futaba is trying to say, in a more friendly tone, is that since this is an RP forum, the majority of its content is going to revolve around writing. When people don't take their writing seriously, it distracts from the goal of a well functioning RP site. But to take it that seriously is a bit ridiculous. If you want to get overly angry about someone's writing, a good place for that is in your English class.

Also, when he mentioned the formatting issues, I've seen a lot of RP boards. This one has greater formatting than some of them, and less than others. What makes the difference in formatting are the rules for the most part. On the "Naruto and Pokemon" boards I've seen, most of the extra space they've allocated are for their abundant rules. And if you want to bring up the appearance of the site as far as formatting goes, I for one am relieved that this website doesn't have pictures of the anime characters everywhere you turn your head and insane font color, background color combinations.

Also, I'm here primarilly for some entertainment, not a college level thesis. I'm now somewhat sorry I brought it up.

And now this thread is like a debate. Everyone loves arguing. Eventually you really get into it.
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Sure it would be nice for people to have good spelling and grammar in their posts, but to make such a big deal over it...I have a feeling such an argument won't end well, even if this was originally a harmless suggestion. People's feelings could get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:59 pm

tongue silly tongue
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm mad at im because he has edited my posts in the past... removed rules... cut up the geting started section.... and tryed to implemnt poicys behind my back..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 pm

I know what you mean, people should respect others feelings.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: futaba... again   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:17 pm

this is to Futaba-go,

we all know you have been on a few other RP sites and that you conceder yourself to be an expert, I allso know that you think you can inprove my site by making it more like the ones you are use to, you have done alot to accomplish this because you think it is in our best interst to play by your rules and not mine, but this is the internet, and on the internet you can't be wrong about things like this, I have made this site to be the most strait forward, up frunt site, which is definetly difrent than other sites of it's kind because we get things done faster with less admins. RPing is meant to be fun, not full of regulations till it gets to be like school or worce yet work, you should face it that you are the only one unhappy with how we do things around here, in short loosten up
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 pm

((This thread is now no longer about it's topic. I suggest deletion.))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm

((I want futaba to read that))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.   If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I'm being blunt, I'm sorry.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: General Discussion-
Jump to: