One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with names

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hartley

Hartley

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:33 pm

I cant think of a good surname for Avery. I changed it like 4 times last night. I want something english sounding. Any ideas?

Also, my other character "Godhand" Saint, Im not sure that flows very smoothly. And Im currently making my third character, Martine Ward, and since he has the "stock" fruit I made Im think his nickname could either be "Loadstone" Ward or "Deathblow" Ward. Any comments/suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm

seventh santum is a name genarator
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Hartley

Hartley

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks, I forgot all about that site. It came up with "Wright", which I think is fitting because of the Wright brothers and Avery being "The Aviator". What about my other characters? Do you think theres names "flow" well? (I've always been picky when it comes to naming)
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:29 am

sure sounds dandy
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
keymaster

keymaster

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:49 pm

I go with more american names most of the time nowadays. I could try to help...Though I need names myself on some occaisions, so I'll be a last resort you'll probably never use.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 am

Isn't it spelled "Lodestone", not "loadstone"
Regardless, what it comes down to is what you think sounds good. A random name generator like Admin-Sama suggested will give you a lot of different names and you will probably find a good one in time, but just think about what flows well.

And keep in mind that not everyone has a full name that sounds exceptional. I think my full name sounds natural because I'm used to it. Most people are stopped for a moment when I tell them. The point I'm trying to make is: even an odd name will start to seem natural if you give it enough time; it could even be good for character development. People would first gawk at the name, but as the character gains renown, his name could become feared or praised.
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks for the advice. I know it's not really a big deal, but like I said i'm always really picky (and critical) with the names I use. I like names that are odd/funny too (I think it's your character whose Dr.Standupman lol great name).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with names   Help with names Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with names
Page 1 of 1