One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stat-based RP?

Go down 
+2
Thatoneguy
Hartley
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a stat-based rp. You know, where people write training posts and get points for it. The points could be measured in "Douriki" (like the way Fukurou ranked all the CP9 members). I dunno, just something I was thinking about. Sometimes it can get kina of frustrating when your fighting and no one wants to loose. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 pm

While this seems solid in theory, I believe it could to munchkinning, and lot's of it. Seeing as people don't be fair this way, why would they be fair that way?
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:23 pm

munchkinning? And i guess you could have moderaters and Admins caculating heath/stamina stats.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Munch-kinning is where you give yourself the best of everything, or make yourself superstrong just because you can, all the time. And if the Admins had to calculate stats as well, it would severely slow the process of having fun...

and here is a big thing on this site...
NO MODS!
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Well... the less fun I could see, but at least it would be fair and fights would actually end. As for being the best at everything, I was thinking that every character (cept' for admins and such) would start out with 15-20 douriki (disributed between heath, stamina, strength, speed & defense) And with every X amount of douriki you get, you vsn create your own attack. For example, with 100 douriki you make an attack with 15% attack. It's complex, but it encourges a lot of activity cuz everyone wants to be the best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

I don't know what to say... but a regular marine soldier has like 8 or 9 dourikis, so 20 isn't a great start... but the admins will work this out.
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Oh, regular marine is 8-9? Then I guess people should start out at ten. I don't think that the admins wwould change this site, I was just seeing if anybody is interested. Then we might get together and make one if there are enough people.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:51 pm

You know, I'd join if you started it up, not because I'm so interested, but because I'm bored.
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:55 pm

lol, yeah it seems like you and me are on here more than most. I havn't started my rp yet becuase I need to make one more character.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:13 pm

What kind've character?
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm

He's gonna be a carpenter from water 7. Im still trying to think of his fighting style. I'm thinking of having him a martial arts were he rolls around like Sonic the Hedgehog. Might be fun...
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Sounds cool enough...
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 am

If we were to do this, we would need to test it first to see if it got a positive or negative reaction from our users. I, personally, don't think this would work out to well, and just put everyone under a lot of stress, but I won't know unless we try.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 am

I have been over this with you people before, this is not your precious DND we are not including stats no mater how much you like the idea and that is final
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 am

I think it's worth a test trial.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 am

What you human-beings don't understand is that it wasn't supposed to be this site....
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 am

fine I give you use of the chibi lounge but I want no part in it
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 am

Right, we can just set something up there, and I guess I'll be supervising.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 am

no you'll be doing all the editing/creating stat systems/monitoring ect I said I wanted no part in it
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:44 am

right...
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 am

I have never played DND... and as PorcupineMan stated, I never exspected you guys to go around and change your whole site. But if you want to try it out, then i dunno, it might be worth a try. It was just an idea Admin-sama, I'm not trying to change your whole site.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 am

Stats are stupid in an RP in my opinion. Roleplaying is living another life, if you want stats play a video game or DnD or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 am

Now, that's a bit bashful isn't it? If it were just living another life, wouldn't you want it defined? I mean, I sure as h*ll want to know how strong I can punch if I'm gonna go toe to toe with Mike Tyson...
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Thats why there's Mike Tyson's Punchout. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm

lol. Rping is fine with npc's, but when you battle other people involved it doesn't always end well. Plus it gives more incentive to rp, to get your character stronger. I have noticed (on DBZ sites anyway) that people are much more active when their is something at stake. I like it better for battles anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stat-based RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat-based RP?   Stat-based RP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stat-based RP?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next