One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

XBOX time doodeedoo!

Go down 
+5
Irrational
Thatoneguy
keymaster
Mimiu
Hawk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

XBOX time doodeedoo! Empty
PostSubject: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:22 am

so i just got a xbox 360 and i would love for you guys to post some good games, so if you would post a pic of it and a short description/review i would love that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mimiu

Mimiu

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am

Lets see...

Personally, my favorite FPS's for the Xbox360 are actually Condemned 1 and 2, its rare to find a first person genre with such an amazing melee system.

Gears of War 1 & 2 are both great, mainly if you get that co-op going with a friend.

RPGs are kind of a hit or miss at the moment, sadly, I've heard the new Star Ocean 4 was decent, but so far, the only ones I've found actually fun were Mass Effect, Fallout 3, The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, and though it was short, Blue Dragon.

For fighters...Street Fighter 4 just came out, and I believe Tekken 6 is coming out this year. Soul Caliber 4 was great times with the insane customization.

Assassin's Creed was really fun, even though if you didn't take your time, you could beat it in under 5 hours.

I know its silly, but the Lego Star Wars games were a ton of fun with a friend XD;

and I'd have to say, my favorite genre that's real time strategy (Kinda) is Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution.

As for pictures... its not always easy to show some games through pictures as its very hard to capture something at its best when its only a single shot, I couldn't find anything on Condemned 1 or 2, but then again, its extremely hard to capture First Person anything the way you want it to be seen.

Gears of War 2

Mass Efffect, its BioWare, if you don't know who that is, then you probably won't like the game.

Fall Out 3, nothing says fun like post nuclear war.

The Last Remnant, its amazing with how much can go on in just one screen at once, mainly for a RPG.

Tales of Vesperia, probably the best JRPG of 2008

Blue Dragon, though it looks cheesey, the art work is by Akira Toriyama, the man who draws all of the Dragon Quest and even Dragonball & Dragon Ball Z, the game is actually your standard RPG turn based, but its strangely addicting.

Its amazing, but I could not find a single decent picture of a battle or everyone in Soul Caliber 4, so I'll just show a picture of my best two characters Amy & Talim

Lego Star Wars, it has over 100 characters AND customization, whats not to love?

Assassin's Creed, killing, For Great Justice.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, eh, theres no such thing as a good picture of an RTS, so I'll just pick the first thing I can find.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Halo 3. Simple as that. You all know it.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Xbox Time!!!!!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Well... I don't know how to make links, but I heard Halo Wars was great. Gears of War 2 was awesome, but it will feel kindof lacking without online.
I will bump the suggestion for Tales of Vesperia, as it hard a great story and a great combat system.
For fighters.... I would suggest Street Fighter Four, but if you have online you wanna turn the random incounters off, or you wont' get to finish arcade mode
Fable 2 is okay, but it doesn't have a final boss... what a let down
Games you should not buy
Bomberman Act Zero (horrible!)

I actually didn't like Assassin's creed. There was way too much traveling, espicially for the short missions. The only way I had real fun was going on a slaughterspree, because it took forever to get anywhere. Go ahead and get it if you are incredibly patient.

Fallout 3 is great, but there aren't a ton of easy leveling side-quests. Remember to explore minimarts and schools, and save up on ammo

Unreal Tournament 3 is a great game, but I bet it's better with live (haven't tryed that)

Halo 3 is only good if you have live as the story mode is way too short!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Halo 3 is good, but like Halo 2, the multiplayer is unbalanced. Infection mode is always fun though.

Bioshock is a great 360 game. Mostly for the story.

Fable II was fun, but doesn't have much replay value beyond trying both good and evil.

Dead Rising is a must have.

Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion. Buy it.

Fallout 3. Like Oblivion with guns. The story is short and the ending isn't great, but there are plenty of side quests. Decent replay value.

Orange Box. I like it for Team Fortress 2 and Portal. It also has Half Life 2, but I'm not a fan. Definitely buy.

LEFT 4 DEAD!!!!! (Grabbing pills)

And finally, a very overlooked game, Chrome hounds. This game is like mech assault, but the gameplay is slower and requires strategy. You will want an xbox live subscription with this game as the online content is the majority of the game. There is a single player mode, but it is more or less a glorified tutorial. Find it in a bargain bin near you! Although I am afraid that with the lack of updates, it may be dead online now. Try renting it first.

Last edited by Irrational on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Allister Blizt wrote:

Games you should not buy
Bomberman Act Zero (horrible!)

Once it costs less than $10 I'm buying it. Because that's what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Xbox Time!!!!!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Basically, it's the original game with updated graphics, and literally no story other then escape the facility. Also, it's really easy to blow yourself up (when you get power ups, they usually have the chance of blowing yourself up with the enemy). The main gameplay is basically survival mode, but you don't get alot of health powerups, and considering the movement mechanics, not even worth 10$.
Back to top Go down
Mimiu

Mimiu

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Psychonauts off Xbox Orginal on the live membership, one of the most orginal games on the Xbox, I mean, how often do you fight telekinetic bears!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8uDtbffQ
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Allister Blizt wrote:
Basically, it's the original game with updated graphics, and literally no story other then escape the facility. Also, it's really easy to blow yourself up (when you get power ups, they usually have the chance of blowing yourself up with the enemy). The main gameplay is basically survival mode, but you don't get alot of health powerups, and considering the movement mechanics, not even worth 10$.

Also, in order to beat the game, you have to beat 99 levels and there is no save feature. :D
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Guilty gear ^ core plus..........................
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Tales of Vesperia was fun, especially with 2 people.

Brute Force was a fun FPS for multiple people.

Ninja Gaiden is really cool and fun to play. 1P only.

Call of Duty 4, especially with Xbox live.

Bioshock is amazing. if only they had some kind of multiplayer...
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:12 pm

I got nuttin'. Then again, I agree with admin-sama. Guilty Gear is da sh*t. I might get another one after a new PSP game...
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
psyguy256

psyguy256

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Definitely try out Resident Evil 5, it is INSANE!!

Call of Duty Series is fun for multiplayer, but I recommed rent them since a new one comes out basically every November (Cod5: MW2 = 11.10.09)

Fallout 3 / Oblivion 4 is fun if you like action RPGs and to just Poop around with npcs (screwing with them, killing them, pissing them off, you get it...)

Blue Dragon, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remenant, & Lost Odssesy are good JRPGs that you can play worth while

Resident Evil 5 is just too INSANE!!!

Mass Effect is good, but its pretty dull (for me atleast). If you like a sci-fi shooter its good for you.

Gears 1 & 2 are good, haven't played gears 1 but gears 2 has a good campaign and its "horde mode" multiplayer beats it all

Street Fighter 4 OR Soul Calibur 4 are good fighting games.

Mirror's Edge, awesome but short, best if you rent it.

Game demos, found on Xbox Game Marketplace, is a good place to check out demos for released and upcoming games.

And Resident Evil 5 is freaking INSANE!!!!

But I recommend either trying out demos or renting these games at either blockbuster or gamefly.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Also, Castle Crashers.
Back to top Go down
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:42 am

Castle Crashers is Epic good times, especially with some friends.

Psychonauts..is...amusing..I like it though i have not played it all the way through yet...XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XBOX time doodeedoo!   XBOX time doodeedoo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XBOX time doodeedoo!
Page 1 of 1