One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Lion Armor V2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Black Lion Armor V2 Empty
PostSubject: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Name: Black Lion Armor

Capabilities: This armor has been given the yami yami no mi, and has been set to activate the ability when damaging effect come in contact with the outside of the armor. The yami yami no mi effects absorb all energy-type damage such as fire and electricity, but it has no ability to absorb water by the nature of devilfruits. Major cutting-based dangers that come in contact will be absorb like energy; however, since it isn't energy it will be far less effective, only reducing the damage by half. This set up seems to be perfect, but it actually isn't; major impact damage will be absorbed by the armor which will be tripled in effect and distribute throughout the entire body. This makes large impacts a weakness for the user of this armor. Kairoseki will neutralize this armor's devil friit abilities. The armor is also very very dense, an upward of 200kg, making it slow down and hinder most who wear it; only the strongest men and women can move quickly in this armor.

History: This Armor is not known by many as the Black Lion Armor; by most it is known by the name Curse Armor, because of this armors unique history. It was said to be created thousands of years ago when devil fruits were first discovered by a man who had been betrayed by his father, mother, friends, country, siblings, mentor, and even his children. The legend says that he took the hearts of 9 pure virgins and used the blood to coat a formerly solid gold armor for royals. He then tempered it with various black minerals, some of which they believe was kairoseki, but more than likely there wasn't enough to affect the armor. He then made a deal with the devil and removed his own heart to create an armor as black as it that would absorb and consume all that would stop his revenge. He killed his entire family, and eventually the entire country. Then he learned that they were doing what was best for him. As he bled out, he watched as a new military took over the country. The leader stripped him of his armor and told him that he was a talked for assassination. In his last breath, the cursed man cursed his armor that all who should use it would suffer the true pains of the purists despair. History aside from the legend is scarce; however, each story describes a bitter-sweet tail where one who needed the armor succeeded only to fall into the worst kind of despair.

Last edited by aidoneus on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm not going to use the armor. I'm making a version that makes sense in one piece and is more acceptable than the other armor. If it is approved, I want it to be used by anfer as I don't have a character suitable for it and it quite honestly isn't my style.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Okay. Basically, this is an armor that has eaten the Yami Yami no Mi, one of the deadliest fruits yet it has all of its powers and it is so heavy that only the strongest have to wear it? How can that pass, I wonder. And even with that disadvantage of impacts, I don't see how an armor can break in the roleplay, especially when it is vital for the character who is wearing it.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

The idea is that it is limited in its yami yami ability. It can only absorb energy completely. Impact is amplified to hurt worse, and cuts are merely reduced. Essentially, anything it doesn't absorb completely passed straight through it. Since the yami yami no mi is based on gravity, I figure making it really heavy would be fitting. The abilities can never expand past what I have set them to be. Example: if a 65mil bounty character decided to fight, say, Alex he would lose. Alex, being a fishman, could use fishman karate. Furthermore, he has the neji neji no mi, which would allow him to use severe impact attacks. Dagon would be able to easily defeat him. Generally, most fishman would. Then, that aside any hand-to-hand expert would have an advantage. Bullets as well. Bullets would be the worst thing possible for this armor.

I understand it is a little op, but it still is better than the original seeing as how it does have limits that are set, can easily be ignored by those with proper planning, and actually has an explanation. Blake, for example, could defeat him. Fire and all that. Really, all of my characters, karasu ammo, and several others can defeat the armor by itself. Everything else relies on the skill of the user.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:01 pm

I doubt that. You may consider the strength of the enemies, but you do not consider the strength of the one to wear the armor. What if the one having the armor is an expert Rokushiki user for example? He may use Tekkai to not really have the armor damaged and receive much less damage than he would originally receive. Basically, he is absorbing any energy based attacks with the armor and he is protecting himself with his techniques. Energy related attacks cannot damage him nor physical attacks.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Tekkai is limited in power. Tekkai doesn't work against too much force (shown canonically) and since the armor amplifies force that makes it take much easier. And besides, I really don't want this approved. I want it improved. You see, my version may be better than anfer's and actually plausible, but unless I was the one to use it I could not guarantee it would not be abused. If Anfer's armor is V1, we need a V3 and I think you could do that. I need ways to limit the power. There are no other devil fruits with the range of ability as the yami yami no mi, hence why I set it up this way. If you can think of a way to make it better, I'd be most appreciative. Better than bad doesn't mean good. So help it become good.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:45 pm

My general idea regarding DF weapons with fruits, is that logias shouldn't have the abilities of the fruit that are earned through activation (in this case the energy absorbing), even if I have made weapons like these in the past (something I regret). I mean, how can the weapons activate their powers? In this case, the armor would have the advantage of negating DF powers on contact only, which is passive. Yet again, it would still have the same disadvantages. So, why would anybody stick to the armor when they can have a real armor with sea-stone gloves and stuff to have the same effect and don't have the mentioned disadvantages?
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Well, Seeing the fact that the armor is a big part of this character life.
This armor is for the sole purpose of building the character life in fact I think it well balance.
Since the orginal version was highly oped due to what crow said.

I say this version is approval,and to respond to max like the lady off magic school bus, Take chances take risk! HAVE FUN!!

I will stick with these idea's and used the devil fruit powers armor like I post to.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm

"Kairoseki will neutralize these effects."

Take this off. Don't explain it, just take it off. Tekkai will not neutralize the only weakness it has; maybe weaken it, but that's about it.

"though it will distribute it over the entire body."

If this means that a very harsh punch will break down and give lesser effects to the entire body, I'll say take it off. If it means a punch to the gut will feel like a x3 in power punch to the entire body, then ok just reword it differently.

I say it looks a little better if we take these things off, and looks more approvable. This way a devil fruit user can still rely on his fists to deal some damage to the person under the armor (or blunt weapons or swords, to a lesser extent). Plus the armor only has the 'absorbing' abilities of the darkness fruit, instead of the 'pulling' or 'gravity' fiasco some people have tried to pull off. Basically, this armor has enough weaknesses imo if these things are taken care off, but because I'm not the only staff in this discussion I'd rather someone else approve it in the end.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 am

I know you said "don't explain it, take it out", but it is an essential piece of information. Kairsoseki will neutralize the df abilities, meaning no absorption ability which takes away its strnegth and weakness, basically turning it into an over-weight normal armor that energy attacks can effect normally and etc. to take it out would be to make the armor stronger which I think would be a problem.

A punch with say 6000PSI over a 3 inch diameter would first turn into a 18000PSI punch in the space, and then distribute the effect to all directions throughout the body, making it an estimate of 1200PSI all over. Keep in mind a strong civilian can make a good punch that strong. Now with one piece characters, that is a different story. One piece pcs will be excessively strong so one good punch would be the equivalent to a barrage of good punches. Example: gumo gumo no pistol would turn into gumo gumo no barrage. Gumo gumo no barrage has shown to be weaker per punch, but able to do more damage overall. If you still don't agree after that, I'll go ahead and change it but I'll go on record saying it was fine.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:26 am

Aid can this armor used it power of the fruit like dark hole ,and crap.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm

No. Devil fruit weapons set to a trigger or aoe do not obtain new abilities or forms. For example, this armor doesn't cancel devil-fruit powers on contact. It only absorbs energy. It will never be able to cancel devil fruit powers. If it could change, it would have a very high potential of becoming OP
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:51 pm

So it can't used the devil fruit powers that it was made for in cannon?
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

It can only use one of the fruit abilities anfer. The canceling devil fruits effect requires the owner's will, and the armor has no will to activate this. The other ability is set from the beginning as the one ability the armor can use.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:58 pm

So what is the ability you choosen?
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 am

To create darkness. The darkness absorbs stuff. Since the armor is already black, you can't exactly tell it's there though. But it only creates darkness on the outside. If you want a simpler way to think of it, it comes to the same result as the effects given in the profile. You could also think of it as the armor mimicking the effects of darkness if you wanted to. It would also come to the same result, despite being different.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:35 am

So I can have darkhole type attacks okay sweet then.
I still need a admin to approve this please.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:49 pm

No, there are no attacks. The armor has a passive ability and it cannot do anything except for its passive ability. Otherwise it makes it oped.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:02 pm

-.-
Don't like a armor that can't do much of anything.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:42 am

Can't do much of anything? The armor works like normal armor, plus it makes you immune to energy AND it reduced cuts twice as much. As a side effect, impacts deal a bit more damage. It's heavy, which can be used as either a weakness or a strength depending on how you use it. A magic armor that gives its bearer new abilities is ludicrous, even for one piece. The only exception would be cyborgs, which could have cyborg armor. If you want this armor to give you new abilities as well as still protect you (which is what armor was created for), you'll need to make it some sort of technological armor, which will never be aporoved because this armor is borderline OP as is. My suggestion is make a weapon, or just deal without. If you use the armor to give the character techniques, it is more or less you making a rathole to give your character a devil fruit without losing his ability to swim. If it was a sword or something, there might be a little leway in say one or two techniques, but even then you couldn't have much. The armor can do plenty. You just want it to do more.

P.S. If you decide to make a bunch of weapons to suit every need of your character, assuming that they are all fine, they'll be approved but your character won't. If the weapons/armor/etc are all approved and you pile it all on one character at one time, it is highly likely to be denied. So don't try that.

P.S.S. If this came out as condescending at all, I apologize. I've had a long day and it's 2:00AM, so forgive me if I was rude. I'm too lazy to check it for problems like that, and I'm tired anyway so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

Okay lol... so is this approval yet?
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm

aidoneus wrote:
I know you said "don't explain it, take it out", but it is an essential piece of information. Kairsoseki will neutralize the df abilities, meaning no absorption ability which takes away its strnegth and weakness, basically turning it into an over-weight normal armor that energy attacks can effect normally and etc. to take it out would be to make the armor stronger which I think would be a problem.

A punch with say 6000PSI over a 3 inch diameter would first turn into a 18000PSI punch in the space, and then distribute the effect to all directions throughout the body, making it an estimate of 1200PSI all over. Keep in mind a strong civilian can make a good punch that strong. Now with one piece characters, that is a different story. One piece pcs will be excessively strong so one good punch would be the equivalent to a barrage of good punches. Example: gumo gumo no pistol would turn into gumo gumo no barrage. Gumo gumo no barrage has shown to be weaker per punch, but able to do more damage overall. If you still don't agree after that, I'll go ahead and change it but I'll go on record saying it was fine.

After the edit I see what you meant, I thought you meant the negative effects of x3 throughout the body were negated with the tekkai, which meant tekkai kenpo would automatically neutralize the only negative effect of the armor. Which, you would know, would have been a no in my end. But with the clarifications now I see you meant the effects of the devil fruit ability are negated, not the negative effect.

Second comment, I would normally argue more, but I'm going to see where this goes. If I see someone ignoring the damage throughout the entire body because it's "minor" I'll go to the root of the problem, which is here, and make you fix it. I don't want someone thinking that because the damage of a strong attack is divided throughout the body that it means they survive everything with a simple tekkai.

Also, Anfer, Aidon, I'm going to make this my official warning before members start thinking they can freely post in anyones profile whenever they want. The next time either of you have something IMPORTANT to say in a profile, you message a staff member to bring it to their attention. Aidon, I don't want you thinking you've been doing a bad job in profiles (cuz you haven't) but until you're a mod you need to message us (the staff) when you find something in character profiles that needs to be brought to our attention. Anfer, I'm not going to be a douche towards you, but you need to stop commenting on profiles that aren't your own. I'd tell you this via PM, but you'd show it to the site anyways.

Because Max hasn't posted in this for awhile, I'll consider this armor APPROVED (until further notice).
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 pm

In Anfer's defense, in this case it was completely acceptable for him to comment this time seeing as how the profile is for him, but I understand. Other cases, not so much. Anyway, thanks Karasu. Anfer, it is easy to powerplay the armor. Don't do that please.
Back to top Go down
Anfernee001

Anfernee001

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Understood sir,and thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Lion Armor V2   Black Lion Armor V2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Lion Armor V2
Page 1 of 1