One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An idea...

Go down 
+3
vongolaking10
nikz200
Shichibukai Hunter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Well, this seemed like the best place to post this, so here goes...

Yo, guys and gals. It's been a while. Some of you probably remember me, if only vaguely. Many others...not so much. I've been around, sort of, off and on. However, nothing ever really got started. It's hard to jump back into RPing when you just quit like I did. People don't really remembers you, on new sites NOBODY knows you, and sometimes you just don't want to be remembered, but start fresh.

Enough stalling. Let me get to the point of this message. I've thought a lot about what I would do if I ever came back to this site or went somewhere else. Nothing really stuck or seemed all that fun. I've considered and even tried a couple of times to start a pirate crew. But pirate crews are a dime a dozen and as for the ultimate goal of one of those crews, becoming the Pirate King, it is almost always unobtainable, depending on which site you look at. So the long and short of it is, I don't want to do something like that. I want to reach for a goal that I can actually obtain. Then, at long last, it came to me. There is one other road to take that is almost the equal, if not the equal, of the path of becoming King. And if it is done right, it might even be just as fun.

I want to form a Marine crew the goal of which is to reach the top. The captain of the crew would be trying to become the Fleet Admiral. To keep things from becoming stale, this captain would start as just a civilian who gathers a crew for two or three threads, does something that impresses the Marines, and joins them as a special unit in which the captain would be allowed to keep her crewmates as her subordinates. I already have some of the captain's abilities planned out and I still own a powerful Marine character on this site who could act as an advisor to this captain. The only thing I need now is interest in the crew. So please, tell me what you think of this idea.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:50 pm

i think its a wonderful idea, we need more marines on the site, and certainly it would be a great boost to have it, as for a marine character i could whip something up for you, only if this crew is serious and wont disband straight away.
Back to top Go down
vongolaking10

vongolaking10

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:33 pm

My character, Alex, has the exact same goal, so maybe your character and Alex could be rivals. Just an idea.

I will warn you, while the idea is great, I've noticed majority of people tend to create higher ranking Marines, so it might be hard to get a crew together. I'm having that trouble myself.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Welcome back, James! (Now Shichibukai Hunter) I think yours is a great idea Smile I encourage you to move it forward and count me in if you need crewmates!
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Don't worry Nikz. I've seen that the best crews stick it out no matter what. It's what you've done with your Anubis Pirates and, although it doesn't look like the Phoenix Squad is doing much at the moment, Nishki is still out there. My impatience has been a problem for me, and others, in the past, but I try to learn from my mistakes and so long as I keep myself busy during the slower posting times, I'm sure it will not be an problem here.

That sounds good, Vongola. I'll have to check out Alex's character sheet later. Thanks for letting me know about it. As for finding other RPers...well, it sounds like I've got two people already, but I understand how that could be an issue in the future. Still, for the moment I'm not actually looking for Marines. Actually, on that same note, Nikz and Rodoku, assuming you both still want to join up when things get rolling, please take note of that. This crew is starting out as a civilian crew that will become Marines later on. Perhaps your characters could be former Marines or something, but at first actual Marines would not be a part of this. My Marine character who will be joining (not the crew's captain) will be an ex-Marine himself. He got kicked out of the Marines for reasons I'm not going to go into here. Suffice it to say, he will be acting as more of an advisor/confidant/trainer for the captain, rather than as an officer. (He's not the type to lead others, anyway.)

Thank you for the welcome back and the offer, Rodoku. I will have to take you up on that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:11 am

Well, if it isn't James. Long time no see. Hope you're doing well Very Happy

Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from. I've made probably... zero marines. It's just hard to do with the whole "invincible pirates" running around and just destroying things mindlessly. Although if you end up coming back, it's certainly tempting. I'll give it a shot if you're open to it or need people.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:31 am

I'm kinda looking for a way to get myself back into RPing, so I'll probably jump in as well with a marine of my own
Back to top Go down
vongolaking10

vongolaking10

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Ignore everything I said about it being tough to get a crew. Good job, man. I'm jealous XD
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:09 pm

That sounds like a great idea. Shame I don't have any characters available for it :\
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Well, this is what the arrangement section is for, but...wow. Never expected this much of a reaction.

You guys... Crying or Very sad I'll try to make this live up to your expectations!

Actually, random update on the progress of the captain character: Was going to be a girl, but I'm changing her into a guy. I'm better at writing for male characters and she was turning into too much of a stereotypical One Piece female.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea...   An idea... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An idea...
Page 1 of 1