One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reach

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Reach Empty
PostSubject: Reach   Reach Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:51 am

Weapon Name: Reach

Weapon Description: Ancient blade, in prime condition (very sharp, very resistant) that fit perfectly into the hilt that Pontus had been given when he was merely a child. The blade's colour is a darkish blue, with light blue gems, on either side, just above the hilt. Within each of those gems is an inscription. One reads "Take me up", the other "Cast me aside". Surrounding these gems are glyphs (one in either side, exactly the same) whose meaning is unknown. It is a long, straight blade, with a curve on its top, measuring nearly 5 feet (hilt included). It's hilt is a darker golden, like brass, or an impure gold, and part of it's handle is wrapped in brown leather. The weapon possessed a balance the likes of which that Pontus had never before seen, and it's sharpness and resistance are much greater than his previous weapon, despite it's old age.

Spoiler:

Weapon Special Abilities: Not much is known of the weapon other than it's sharpness, endurance and Kairoseki coating.

Weapon History: Not much is known of the weapon, only that the hilt was left with Blake when he was a child, and that the blade appeared, in a box, inside of his boat, along with a Devil Fruit, each wrapped around a paper with a message written in blood. The letter enveloping the blade had just one word: "Reach". And so Pontus decided to name the weapon as such. In order to connect the weapon to the hilt, he searched for a master blacksmith, and his search led him to the South Blue. After a week of working on the weapon, and a handsome sum of money paid to the master-smith, the blade and hilt were reconnected, at last. The blacksmith discovered that the blade was bathed in Kairoseki, making it extremely useful against Devil-Fruit users. Upon receiving this new weapon of his, he tested out it's abilities, by slashing it with his previous weapon. The old longsword was split into two, with the strike, and Reach did not even receive a dent.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Reach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reach   Reach Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Just to be on the safe side: How heavy and durable is it?
Back to top Go down

Reach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reach   Reach Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm

It's coated in seastone, so at least as hard as that, and the sharpness, well, let's say that with this blade, Pontus can now completely slice through a normal ship. About 5 to 6 times sharper than the one before. He is not yet strong enough to take full advantage of the weapon, because it's heavier than the previous one, however. So I'd say that right now, to my character, it's about the same as being twice as sharp. When the character develops his abilities, the practical "sharpness" of the blade will increase.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Reach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reach   Reach Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I guess it'll be in reasonable weight, and since we had seastone weapons approved before, APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reach   Reach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: Weapons are here-
Jump to: