One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Empty
PostSubject: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

Gale Senter was sitting on the couch of the room they were renting near the middle of the town. Gale and Cat had been stuck in this room for a few days already, because the island had received two marine ships that had spitted out a really big group of marines that stopped to havefu in bars, buy stuff and for most of Gale knew, replenish energies lost in their journeys. For this very importan fact, Gale and Cat had to make sure to pay extra money to the owner of the hotel so that he wouldnt open his mouth and say that he was keeping two pirates with bounties over ten million bellies each of them in one of the rooms of his hotel. Yeah... Gale and Cat wouldn't like that at all, so they preffered to take precautions.

When things like these happened, Gale and Cat took turns to slip rapidly through town, looking for newspapers of the day and trying to get some news on what was going on, and today it was Gale's turn. So Gale said bye to Cat for the time being and walked from shadow to shadow in the hotel. When he went into the street there was a blinding light that reduced his vision for a few seconds, but then his eyes got used to the excess of light and he was able to see normally again. Gale hid himself behind some barrels to spy on a pair of beautiful ladies that were talking to each other, they seemed to be around twenty-five years old. But what interested Gale the most was their conversation. The marine activity seemed low, apparently, and that was because, according to the ladies, "the two marine vessels departed today, early in the morning". Gale could almost jump because of the happiness, but he would have uncovered himself.

Gale saw that there was a newspaper thrown on the floor, it had today's date. He picked it up and decided to go back to the hotel room to inform Cat of the good news. On his way there he was a little bit less procupied, but didnt let his guard down. He was reading the newspaper, the usual things, pirate raids in some islands, the world government putting a new law, etc. It wasnt until he was outside of their room that he saw something that interested him in the newspaper. In the backpage, there was an announcement about a brawling contest, it said that there was more information about it in the inside, probably he had skipped that part.

He used his key to open the room.

"Heya Cat." -he saluted him. -"I have good news, I overheard a pair of beautiful ladies saying that the marines have left the island. So the only ones left here are the ones that usually patrol around."

Gale played a little bit with the newspaper in his hand.

"I also found this newspaper." -he said. -"I found something very interesting about a tournament."
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 am

Cat had been in deep trouble for the last few weeks. Turned out, as Gale mentioned, that there were marines around the island.. which he later explained were bad for Cat, whom they wanted dead. It took Gale several hours to get this information through to Cat. They managed to make some sort of arrangement, they decided to take turns going sneaking outside to find newspapers.. Cat loved those days. Those days involved cat running through buildings, since they were close, and running through ropes that connected buildings for laundry.

In these days he was rarely seen by people, and if they were.. they only saw the sunlight, since it was at the morning the sun was pretty high in the sky, and a shadow running through the buildings.. briefly. Cat was very careful to jump inside garbage bags and look inside for newspapers those days, often returning home with an awful smell do to the amounts of dumpsters (and often poor choice of them) he had gotten into.

Cat, today, was resting on his bed. Gale and Cat had been put on two different beds, naturally both were twins and the same size.. the room was a bit small, but it was better then going to jail.. Gale also had to explain this. They were paying the people of the place extra money to not say anything, cat understood that much.. but very little of it. Gale was in charge of most of the money, since he knew what to do with it, but even Cat knew they were running out of money.. and fast. Today, Gale unlocked the door as usual.. but this time, he caught his attention with an odd proposition.

"A tournament? What do we get if we win? I want some food.. I'm hungry.." Cat had already decided that he was going to enter, regardless of the marines he frgot where in the island.. it seemed like hunger had gotten the best of him.

"What we need to do, is get there and win right? Is there rules?"
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 am

As Cat mentioned that he was interested in the tournament, Gale was already concentrated on making something for them to eat. From the things they had bought they had just the essentials to make good sandwiches. Gale opened his bagpack and took out the bag of buns that he had bought a few days ago... old bread was never as good as when it was just baked, but what could they do? They didn't have the money to be eating in restaurants or anything. Gale looked back at Cat.

"The tournament..."-he said looking at the newspaper besides him but without turning back to face Cat. -"It says that the price is 50'000 belli for each of the participants. It says that you apparently have to enter in teams of three. So it's like the team itself chooses who will fight and its various rounds of 1 vs 1, so if one falls, another one can replace him or her until the team is defeated."

Gale had read this really quickly and memorized the rules and was just commenting on them while he was preparing the sandwiches. He grabbed a knife and opened four breads in half. Then he took the dried meat they had in a salt container and cut some slices for each bread, he did the same with some old cheese. Fortunately, he had managed to bring a pair of fresh vegetables (he had stolen them from a store) and cut up lettuce to put in it, together with slices of tomatoes. He picked up two in each hand and approached Cat.

"Here you are bro." - he said as he handed two of the sandwiches to Cat. -"I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do with the ingredients and the lack of appliances. So what do you think about the tournament? It says the inscriptions are until today and it starts almost at lunch time."
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Cat was surprised at what he heard come out of gale's mouth, the rules were.. pretty confusing, but he understood one part. One versus one, that meant he only had to worry about one person. There was one odd thing though, the amount of money they would earn if they won was pretty high.. it was like Cat had found a chance to eat a lot of food.. to him, that much money meant at least THREE good sandwiches!

Cat nodded his head, but there was one obstacle, Cat had to raise his hand and speak to Gale.

"Alright, since we have the proper number of people in our group already, all we have to do is sign-up? Where do we go?"

Cat did not know this,but they did NOT have the proper amount of people in their group. There was only Gale, and Cat, there was nobody else with them, and body that could help them at the time. Cat looked up at Gale expecting an answer, but instead watched him cook sandwiches, something he himself had not learned to make yet. He ate the sandwich, and enjoyed its delectable taste. Miguel ate them both and got up, he looked at Gale in the eyes. His voice suddenly turning lazy.

"Let's head out then, I think I've gotten the rest needed for something like this.. 12 hours seems right on my line.."
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 am

Gale looked at Cat. He obviously hadn't understood the rules that he had commented on, because he said that they had the right amount of people in their group. But who knows... maybe he knew that they were only two and he wanted to go into the tournament just as a group of two.

"Ehhh... Alright, let's get going." -Gale responded and nommed on one of his sandwiches. Apparently, the place where the tournament was taking place was in a stadium in the center of the town, while the sign-up stands were located all around the town. -"From what I know, there are some kiosks distributed around the town so people can do the sign-up. I think there's one closeby, near the bank."

Gale put the thing in their right places in the room and then opened the door.

"Come on, let's head out."- Gale had the key in the hand, ready to lock the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)   Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: A Tournament of Legends (Open to Karasu and Myself)
Page 1 of 1