One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Impact Tonfa

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
devonimp

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

weapon name: Impact Tonfa
description: A pair of heavy steel tonfa's with hollowed out barrels as the shaft. They are designed to be able to redirect impact from the palms of an 'Impact Person' to fire projectiles, or even air bullets, from the barrels. They are reinforced, so constant use as a tonfa won't seriously affect the barrels. They fire fist sized iron shot, and seem designed for somebody of far larger proportions than a human, but far smaller than a pure giant. (Note, regular maintenance is required to ensure the barrel remains in proper working shape)
weapon spechal abilitys: Impact Cannon (Iron Shot), Impact Rifle (Air Shot), Impact Bazooka (A point blank impact shot. Both barrels are pressed to a foe and a powerful air shot is blasted from both)
history: A pair of tonfa's specifically built for a DF user bounty hunter, paid for with their first bounty.

Note: This weapon is pending approval of my Pakuto Pakuto no Mi as well. As a weapon designed for an ability user... naturally, they are useless without that ability Razz. Well not useless, but more like regular Tonfa's.
~If you are unsure what a Tonfa is, think police nightstick. Or google it ^.^
~~ For a size comparison, think of the kinds of Tonfa's the tallest girl from the center panel of this page http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/518/10/
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:04 pm

the fact that the userf can aply their DF powers to a weapon is compleatly out of context
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
devonimp

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Dispite fruit users like Foxy's Noro Noro beam sword and Mr. 5's specially made pistol he breathes into for ammo?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm

the pistol had eaten a devil fruit itself, the swprd only worked because he was feeding noro noro Ions in to it ((your out of your vector))
Back to top Go down
devonimp

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:47 am

(1) I said mr. 5. The boom boom fruit. You are talking about Lassoo. Mr. 4's gun.
(2) The user would be feeding the tonfa impact. The impact channels from the users palm, through the handle, to the barrel, where it provides the explosive force neccessary to allow propulsion.

In any case.. I think I'm just going to pull back for now. Thank you however for reviewing my ideas. It has given me some insight into minor revisions of the impact fruit, even in a proper continuity. Good luck with the forum ^.^
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:00 am

DONT LEAVE!!!!!!

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED JUST DONT LEAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:02 am

Thats not creepy at all. I mean at least this one had the courtesy to tell us...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 am

its only natural to have a mindless grab for activity, this is our lowest month since october!
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 am

I sort of understand, but somtimes, ya just gotta let em go.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:39 am

*sigh* guess so *pulls out HUGE hammer*
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:43 am

Wait! What!? No dont...aw screw it, do what you want.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:45 am

oh your no fun Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 am

Was the hammer the ban hammer?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:50 am

no just the squish hammer
Back to top Go down
devonimp

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Gaaah. Don't squish me! You didn't approve my fruit! I won't survive!!!!

Heehee. Anyway, I try to stay courteous at all times. I've seen to many people make jerks of themselves when leaving, only to come back a month or two later. I probably won't be gone forever, I just need to rethink a few things, since my big concept character is being shot down royally due to... 'balance modifications' lets say Razz. I'm actyually browsing through existing characters to see what fruits are taken Razz
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:30 pm

now D@mn it ANYONE CAN HAVE ANY APPROVED DF!!!!!!!!! why dose no one listen!
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 pm

admin sama calm down, he IS new and doesn't know all the rules yet, and he cant have a DF that a character is already using right?

besides i like him, we could use more courteous people on the net

and i really dont see anything wrong with these wepons, they are pretty much hollow tonfa that let you shoot stuff out when you push them forward really fast

His DF on the other hand is a little cheap, but i think if you take away the "immune to physical blows" part then its fine, i liked his idea in his last post in the DF thread about using his impact fruit to lessen incoming impacts instead of absorbing them.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:00 am

actualy fwink you CAN have a DF that another character on this site is using and you allways have been able to, NO ONE LISTENS
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 am

Maybe people listen but they don't want to be a rip-off.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 am

but there has already been chars with the same DF here
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

Some people don't care.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 am

i dont remember reading two chars with the same DF, and i read most of the char sheets... and where did it way that two people could have the same one?
and if your angry right now then just ignore me till later
Back to top Go down
devonimp

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:38 am

Fwink wrote:
admin sama calm down, he IS new and doesn't know all the rules yet, and he cant have a DF that a character is already using right?

besides i like him, we could use more courteous people on the net

and i really dont see anything wrong with these wepons, they are pretty much hollow tonfa that let you shoot stuff out when you push them forward really fast

His DF on the other hand is a little cheap, but i think if you take away the "immune to physical blows" part then its fine, i liked his idea in his last post in the DF thread about using his impact fruit to lessen incoming impacts instead of absorbing them.

As I said with the fruit, when I first came here, I wasn't aware things were toned down for balance in combat. In the actual one piece continuity, I feel it would be a legitimate ability. Naturally, granted that every RP has its rules, I'm willing to make changes to it. I just noticed that after my last suggestion I stopped receiving feedback, so decided it may have been best to just up and give up on that one, dissapointing as I found it. A skilled Haki user could hurt that user no matter what Wink but again I understand. As I stated in the post, I am willing to tone it down to the level that no impact is absorbed if thats what it takes to have the fruit considered adaquite for your rulebase.

Fwink, you are half right. Actual velocity of the tonfa's has little to do with it, though... now that I think about it, I suppose if you had a mechanism to lock the shot in the barrel then spun the tonfa really fast... you could propel the shot ^.^. I'll have to remember that. The idea was that the user creates an impact in the handles, which the tonfa is specifically designed to channel into the barrel, creating enough impact to create propulsion, or an air bullet. If it was to troublesome to imagine such an imapct delivery, it could be modified so a channel in the end of the handle leads to the barrel chamber, and by sending impact into the channel via the users thumb, create a buildup of impact in the barrel to achieve the same results.

And I'm flattered by your compliment ^.^ Don't think it'll make me happy by praising me you jerk! *dances and wiggles like Chopper when he's happy*

In case it affects anything, I had the idea to have the character a particularily tall 'amazon' type girl from the island of women in the calm belt. Abilities were going to be Haki <not monstrous tho...>, tonfa martial skill, impact jutsu <a fighting style involving applying pressure and following through with impact. Kind of like muy thai meets pressure point, with a huge impact on connecting>, and geppou<moon step, the one rokkushi users use to 'jump' in mid air>. By the by, do I have to get special possessions approved as well? She has a small one person ship powered by impact, if I get everything approved.

By the by, Fwink. If any of your characters are looking for crew members, I'd be happy to lend my tonfa's to your cause, provided I get approved Wink
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:08 am

yeah we dont allow haki ether, allso no one is allowed to be any stronger thean Luchi and VERY few are as strong as him
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 am

What i don't get is we can have 2 rokushiki but we can only have a 30,000,000 bounty./
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Impact Tonfa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impact Tonfa   Impact Tonfa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impact Tonfa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next