One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
McTurbo

McTurbo

Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Empty
PostSubject: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 am

Name: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man)
Type: Mythical Zoan
Capabilities: This fruit gives the user the ability to turn into the legendary Slender Man. As the name implies, the Slender Man looks like a very tall (approx 2m) and slender man who is wearing a black suit with a black tie. Upon transformation the user's clothes and his other equipment shift into the Slender Man's signature clothing. The Slender Man is able to stretch his limbs and torso as he wishes, to a maximum of three times the original length for the legs and torso and up to five times the original length for the arms. He can also create tendrils from his back and his fingers that can be controlled freely and stretched up to 5 meters. The tendrils are sharp and hard and can be used as weapons. The Slender Man has a blank, pale, featureless face and no hair.

When seeing the Slender Man while he's stretched out, people start feeling fear (except for those rare people who do not have any fears), but at the same time the Slender Man starts seeming familiar and safe. This is designed for luring in victims. The Slender Man can apply this condition to whoever he wishes. Those with strong wills (= ALL PCs and major NPCs) are not as susceptible to this condition, but they can still feel the fear (players can ignore this if appropriate). In addition, the Slender Man is so surreal that his very presence (affects all senses, not just sight) makes people feel like he isn't actually there, even if they can see him properly. The more the Slender Man is stretched out, the stronger the fear and the surreality are, but the weaker the luring effect is. These effects are nullified if the Slender Man touches the victim, except for the fear which is amplified. The less clearly the Slender Man can be seen, the stronger the effects are. In broad daylight the luring effect is almost nonexistant.

For especially weak-minded people (i.e. children, normal civilians) the effects are not nullified upon contact, but only when the Slender Man physically harms them. Instead, if the Slender Man manages to lure them in and touch them, he can give them simple mental commands, e.g. "kill yourself" or "kill that man". The Slender Man can control up to three people this way, but he must be withing 30 meters of the controlled or the control is broken.

NOTE: I apologize if there was something unclear in the fruit's description, but it's kinda hard to explain the Slender Man's powers without making him too powerful. If there's something you want me to fix/add, feel free to say it.

Last edited by McTurbo on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 am

The problem with this fruit is that "weak minded people" may include PC:s. Further, the "fear effect" in general cuts very close to mind control. It basically tells a character how they should feel, and the resisting mechanic is undefined at best (ever seen anyone describe "strong will" in special abilities)?
Back to top Go down
McTurbo

McTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 am

When i said "those with strong wills" I meant all PCs and major NPCs. Included it in the description. Also, for the fear effect, I added a part that says that players can ignore it if appropriate. That should clear things out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 am

Sorry for jumping in, but since it's a Slender MAN, shouldn't this be a Hito Hito No Mi?
Back to top Go down
McTurbo

McTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 am

You are absolutely right. Didn't think about that. Changed.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

control is something that is hard to approve..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:17 am

I did not jump in to revoke your previous fruit as another mod had already approved it, but I must say my piece on this submission.
The concept of Slender Man does not fit for the One Piece world, and to adapt that entity (not a character, an entity) into a viable figure for the RP world would destroy the illusion of the Slender Man.
Furthermore, the power set regarding this fruit is absurd; not only is limited stretching given, so are dangerous tendrils and emotional manipulation.
Slender Man doesn't make sense as a one piece character, and you'd be shattering the thematic realms both of his mythos and of the One Piece inspired world we are trying to create. I hope you understand.

DENIED
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I think slender man is fine in one piece that the fruit is just too op. I revoke it having been denied and I shall move it to the retired section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]   Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hito Hito no Mi, Moderu: Surenderu Man (Human Human Fruit, Model: Slender Man) [Rejected]
Page 1 of 1