One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A new project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone

Lone

A new project Empty
PostSubject: A new project   A new project Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

Hey all you monotony induced carcasses! That's right I'm talking to you about a brand new project! And if you call now for a limited time only you get-!

Screw it.

Listen, I've been dreaming to be a manga artist ever since I read my first One Piece chapter at the ripe old age of 6. At that point I could barely fricken read. But before you just go to the next tab to watch the latest episode of Smosh; this isn't just about me. This is about all of you. As you may come to learn if you're trying to break into the manga business, its bloody hard. Even if you have the skill of every manga artist combined times 2; unless you have the right connections you will not have an easy life. Then again, if you aren't Japanese; it's even harder. That got me thinking, with all the advances in the world- surely you don't have to permanently move to Japan to become a manga artist? Hmm...
And that's when it hit me, after thirty four coffees and a full season of MXC finished I realised that the greatest thing in the world had been invented over 20 years ago and given to the world for a reason much like this.
The Internet.
That's right, retards, I wasn't talking about condoms.

If you haven't guessed my direction of conversation here (but isn't a conversation with 2 people?) you're also a retard, or a really smart monkey. Yes, a forum.
Oh no, not another bloody forum...Geez man get a bloody life
Don't talk to me like that.
Oh shuddup retard and ge' on with it!
Don't be disrespectful! Retard is a derogatory term for mentall-
Anyway...A forum, where pros could help lesser pros and you can all post your shizzle. So whether you're an anime artist, digital, manga, stickman...You will be well helped and encouraged. Wanna make a manga? Post your chapters! One thing I will need from anyone interested, whether skilled or lesser, is to see if you would like to join. Sooo... Please comment Smile

EDIT: Looking for writers as well!!

Last edited by Lone on Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

A new project Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new project   A new project Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Well I'm actually working on my own book I'm on page 5 now of the writing. I've been told its not half bad but eh..I can offer some pointers to as a Fellow Manga Artist.

Tbh, It's not the fact not only that your not from Japan, its the fact your not Japanese so the "ignorant" people state "YOUR NOT JAPANESE ITS NOT MANGA!" But you can still be a succesful Graphic Novel via Manga artist.

Just look at Scott Pilgrim VS The World.
Its a Canadian Made Graphic Novel.
It has key things..

Plot
Humor
Good Art
And Great Character development

It was only 6 volumes and yet I find it sheer gold.
My advice is while your young and have time. Work on your Art and Creative Writing.

Take Creative Writing classes and Art classes. It will make the job much easier and more enjoyable.

But most importantly, Keep a vivid Imagination. When your alone think up anime mash ups or Battles between characters to build your Imagination. Imagination is literally your best tool when making Art, Fictional Stories, any type of creations.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

A new project Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new project   A new project Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:05 am

Sooo, does that mean you wanna help? This isn't only for me, this is for all those manga artists who want recognition, help or even to give advice (such as yourself Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new project Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new project   A new project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new project
Page 1 of 1