One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Run Of Bad Luck

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Run Of Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: A Run Of Bad Luck   A Run Of Bad Luck Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:44 pm

This is my story I started writing a while ago but kept forgetting about it and now I've actually started writing it again some users are in it if you want to be in it too just let me know and let me know what you want to be as in this story there is a mixture of things.

In this Chapter there may seem to be only my character but there are other people's characters in it too, other characters will be brought in as the story progresses I'm not writing this a serious story though more of a comical bit of fun to waste away my time I'll be happy to hear what some of you think about it though no matter how much you have to criticise about it. But without further delay on with the story

Chapter 1

With all great tales it’s customary to begin by introducing the protagonist, and this current protagonist isn’t the man sitting by the bar with a glass of red wine and a monocle, instead it is the filthy, freckled young man with his hand wrist deep in his pocket. Yes, this is the hero and current protagonist of this tale. Josh, the man with the sticky fingers, although this was him 2 days ago, before he’d been captured for a serious offense, or at least what was noted to be a serious offense in CindervaleTown, public urination, along with his many, many thefts he was locked away in a cell waiting for his day of execution to come along.

As the cell door was opened in walked a well groomed man with handcuffs, followed by two men cracking their knuckles, Josh gulped seeing them cracking their knuckles the sounds of each independent knuckle cracking sent shivers down his spine. Josh happily gave in to placing the hand cuffs on and was led from his cell through hordes of people shouting throwing insults and rotten tomatoes at him. Josh felt the splatters from tomatoes hitting the soldiers either side of him and the retched stench made him gag. As Josh reached the execution platform he looked at the executioner as the soldiers let go of him and stood at either side of the platform. The executioner looked at Josh with a large grin which spread from cheek to cheek showing his putrid yellowy teeth, “So sir have you got any last words?” he asked letting his rancid breath spill forward into Josh’s face.
“Yes I do and what the hell are you so happy about?”
“Well don’t tell anyone, but being an executioner is rather good pay, plus I get dental. Not that you will be telling anyone where you’re going.”
“You get Dental!?” Josh couldn’t believe he had dental looking at his teeth, but right now didn’t care much either as he was much, much more focused on the inevitable death which would be coming his way. “I shouldn’t be going anywhere, public urination isn’t even a crime, or it shouldn’t be.” The executioner still remained smiling as he slid the noose over Josh’s neck and positioned him over the trap door.

“Yeah, well too bad for you it is.” The executioner was still smiling and Josh couldn’t understand why, he then saw a black cloak floating beside the executioner holding a scythe and exclaimed, “Why am I seeing Death?! I’m not dead yet.”
Death grinned his unmovable grin, turned his head to show Josh’s his empty eye sockets and replied in a deep monotone voice.
“You will be”
As Death’s words left his chilling teeth , the ground below Josh rose up to greet his body as gravity got to work.

Cheers rose loudly into the air as people screamed and shouted at the excitement of what had just happened, they loved a good execution, it was a bad system but non-the less a system which worked, it helped keep the town clean and frightened any who went against those rules.

With Josh’s body limp and his body hanging by his feet appeared a little fariy with tiny sharp blonde hair strung back into a small pony tail wearing green tattered dress similar to that of which Tinkerbell wore only sluttier as it extenuates certain areas of her body. With dark rings around her eyes and quickly fluttering transparent wings beating against the wind she took off flying from lifeless feet through the crowds of men, women and children cheering excitedly at the execution. As she whizzed past the ear of man who’d seen the execution he turned around to see what the noise had been, revealing his face. The man had short light brown hair and a small moustache. His body was covered in armour but it was still easy to tell he was a little bit wider than normal. It may have been muscles or it may have been fat but it wasn’t easy to tell without removing the armour. Seeing it was nothing he turned back to the execution. Continuing on her journey the fariy lowered her flying height and weaved in and out of the spokes as she flew under a wooden carriage and shot up into the sky leaving behind a trail of glittering fariy dust.

In the back of the carriage lay an ill donkey which was being taken on his way to be sold for meat since his resourcefulness was no more. As dust of a fariy fell from the fariy herself it touched upon the nostrils of the donkey tickling his nostrils. The donkey sneezed and the driver turned back to look at his donkey sneezing as he called out.
“Don’t worry boy soon you’ll be put out of your misery.”
The donkey’s ears perked up understanding the words which came from his owner’s mouth, standing up and sickly plodding up to the owner.
The donkey opened up his mouth saying in the most well spoken voice he’d ever heard
“I’d much rather you didn’t put me out of my misery.”
Filled with fear and mostly shock the owner turned to see the unexplainable, well to him it was.

As the fariy shot into the air hearing a scream below she paused high above Cindervale town and spun around in a balletic fashion before sneezing from her own fariy dust and being launched backwards against the propulsion of her own wings. She then began to fall through the air screaming her high pitch scream sounding more like a chipmunk whose scream pierced the ears of all who could hear it.

In a small cloud of flour from one of the sacks being packed onto the back of another carriage landed the fariy who coughed from the flour then looked down to notice herself covered in flour, as she stood up to wipe it off her journey continued weather she was ready or not. As the pack of flour was tossed to the back of the carriage, little Flowersocks found herself tossed up into the air again leaving behind a trail of more fairy dust, through fear of falling she began beating her wings again rapidly in an effort to fly.

As her wings fluttered flour came loose and she found herself free from the perils of the baker’s best friend. Once again shooting high into the skies and out of the town through the archway with timber gates coming to a close she quickened her speed.

The gates shut and Flowersocks sighed wiping the sweat from her forehead relieved at her escape from the sinister doors which could’ve brought death upon her. As she tried flying again she noticed her failure. The doors had shut on the bottom of her small tight dress.
Grunting trying to pull her dress free Flowersocks pulled with all her might till she came spinning through the air away from the door with a much shorter dress.

Once she managed to stop herself spinning she had to check out her new outfit and whizzed down towards the earrings of a beautiful blonde haired woman wearing a white dress signifying her purity. Flowersocks posed in front of the large reflective earring and winked at herself in the earring.
“I’d do me” she said as she giggled to herself thinking of all the men she’d get.

The blonde woman of purity turned her head around quickly hearing something in her ear revealing her red lips and flawlessly beautiful skin. As she turned her head her dirty blonde coloured hair whipped the fariy away and sent her flying, into the gross gingery coloured and gin smelling tangled up beard of a dwarf warrior beside the tall beautiful woman.

The dwarf didn’t notice the little fariy and opened his mouth for sip of gin which poured out from the little wooden mug he had stolen. Most of the gin landed in his mouth, I say most of it as some missed and the little fariy soaked up the rest along with the dwarf’s beard.
Screaming for help and squirming caught in the beard Flowersocks desperately hoped to seen or heard.

Hearing a little scream the blonde woman of purity noticed a little fariy caught in the beard and shook her head smiling.
“Hold still, Teodoric” the woman reached into his beard and gently grabbed hold of the slutty fariy and unwrapped the hair from around her. Flowersocks sighed as she was removed from the beard and Teodoric ‘s eyes widened seeing the fariy kneeling in the palm of the woman’s hand.
“Jezeum Crow, ‘ave I been walking round all day wi’ that ‘hing in ma beard?!” asked the dwarf in a heavily northern accent.

“No of course you haven’t I’ve only just noticed her.” The woman raised Flowersocks up to get a better look at her.
“Thanks” Flowersocks said as she winked at the woman and kissed her on the tip of the nose then whizzed off once again leaving some more fairy dust behind which glittered as it fell scattering over the woman’s palm, the dwarf’s beard and some in his mug.

Shooting off into the woodland she weaved in and out of the trees gleefully smiling and she noticed a pit of bodies and realised where she was with the reply of, “Uh Oh”
The sight of an infuriated werewolf pounced in front of Flowersocks sniffing around and dashed off in another direction following the scent of victims or as he would like to call them dinner.

Flowersocks being as terrified as she was dropped a tiny diamond from her behind overwhelmed with fear she shot off and up through the tree branches and was blinded by a leaf. Still soaring high into the sky she tried batting the leaf away from in front of her. The leaf drifted away and she sighed, so far today had been a pretty terrifying day for her and she wasn’t ready for anymore frights.

Seeking safety Flowersocks flew in through a castle window to the main room where either side of her where two large comfy thrones, in each there was sat a funny looking men with colourful robes and beneath her was a pile of books.
One man with glasses and dark brown hair and the other with long reddish brown hair.
Finally finding somewhere safe little pretty Flowersocks sighed with happiness.

A book flew her way and covered her, as it was so heavy it dragged her down to the pile of books below. She pulled herself out whispering to herself.
“Damn hardback books, there so heavy.”
Wanting no more danger she once again and finally she hoped for the last time took up flight out the window on the other side of the room.

Zooming through the trees at such great speed Flowersocks began to light up and soon was glowing a bright and brilliant yellow colour. She was like a shooting star shooting past the trees; she began to giggle due to her excitement at the speed she was going as scenery seemed slip past her like pages being turned in a book.

By the time she reached the next town over Mirikgate wings were aching and skin was still glowing, she wanted to stop off for a little cup of coffee somewhere to give her the energy she needed to return home but nowhere ever served cups of coffee small enough for her. Flowersocks sighed once again as she looked in through a window at the happy customers drinking their coffee which she badly desired.

“I don’t believe in fairies.” One man said in reply to his wife’s question regarding the tooth fairy and whether or not they should tell their daughter about him.
Flowersocks heard this answer and gulped as her wings fell apart and vanished; unable to fly she fell downwards into the much desired coffee.

Upon landing in the coffee she began to drown being only one lesson away from learning to swim, her skin was scolded and her screams unheard as she sunk beneath the surface.
The owner of the coffee noticed what seemed to be one of the cubes of sugar in it falling apart and decided to help it flavour his coffee. He picked up his tea spoon and stirred it till the lump fell apart. He placed the spoon down and took a sip of his coffee and remarked.
“Mmm, tastes like cinnamon.”

Feeling warm liquid dribbling down the sides of his face Josh opened his eyes to a most unholy sight which made him sit up quickly as he quickly shut his eyes again. The liquid which had splattered upon Josh’s face was urine, from a filthy looking man. Josh looked at the man and shouted “Oi what the hell do you think you’re doing? That’s a crime; it’s why I’m here!” Frightened the men jumped fearfully pulling his little chap back into his pants before turning and running away from Josh.

Luckily Josh had survived being hung, he had survived due to him passing out making his body much more flexible and less resistant to certain movements. He had passed out due to the fear of dying which is why he managed to wake up here and by here I mean the Feeding Grounds, named for a specific reason as it was a place in the forest of Dromen. In the Feeding Grounds there was a small ditch which is where criminal’s bodies were thrown after being hanged; it was a place where the bodies would never pile up because it was a feeding ground for werewolves. Any criminals such as Josh who’d survived the hanging would also be put out of their misery just like the man who had just been urinating on Josh. He watched to see the man tackled in mid air and pinned to the ground. Blood curdling screams filled the air and sent Josh sprinting in the opposite direction.

While Josh runs afraid and cowardly away from the feeding currently in session I shall take time to explain in this universe werewolves do not only come out on a full moon, but also when their pulse is raised and for the veterans whenever they feel like it, and in such a universe there is bound to be one werewolf and such is, a werewolf who prefers the life of a werewolf instead of one as a human and remains in the Feeding Grounds all hours, and is currently feeding upon the urinating criminal who still now only out of fear this time is urinating once again.

Josh could hear the screams fading and as he threw a glance back to see 3 werewolves with varying shades of grey fur and he felt fear spread across his face. Everyone knew in these woods lived a pair of Wizards who had a fetish for danger which was part of the reason for them living in the Feeding Grounds. Josh knew this and decided it was his safest bet even if they were sadistic.

In another part of the woods wizards Julian and Gael were both gazing at their books, Gael sitting in his golden platted throne with dark red cushions and a golden plated and red cushioned foot stool. Julian sat there smiling as he read turned the page then sighed rolling his eyes. “Once again another smartass writer misunderstands religion.” Julian closed the brown leather book in his hand and dropped it over the side of his chair into a large pile of books. Gael passed a quick glance as the book landed and asked, “Deposit?” Julian nodded as he rubbed his eye brows feeling a headache coming on from a ridiculous amount of errors from the pile of books he’d tried reading throughout the day.

Gael twinkled his fingers then clicked as little brown flakes of skin fell from his fingertips; the books set on fire and were quickly engulfed with flames. The flames quickly extinguished and the books were gone leaving a thin line of smoke trailing upwards.

As Josh approached the large wooden doors of the castle he breathed heavily and could feel sweat dripping from his forehead and building up under his arm pits. He laid his hands up against the doors wondering what awaited him; he even thought maybe he should just give the place a miss.
The howling from the werewolves had grown closer and much much louder. Josh turned looking out for them then gulped terrified of the creatures which were tearing corpses and soon to be him if he didn’t move into pieces.

“Thats all I need to help me decide.” Muttered Josh as he pushed open the door just enough for him to slip through the doors and land inside the domain of the wizards.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

A Run Of Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Run Of Bad Luck   A Run Of Bad Luck Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Wow Ant! This is epic!!! Very Happy Seriously good work so far. I love your ability to create such vivid settings- your imagery is flawless!
I also can't wait to see what's in store for Josh next Smile
Waiting with baited breath!
Back to top Go down

A Run Of Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Run Of Bad Luck   A Run Of Bad Luck Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks Lore that's great to hear I was hoping people would like it and some of the other people's characters are already in the story like yours but I just haven't used the names yet and I will be adding a few more of you in the next Chapter.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Run Of Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Run Of Bad Luck   A Run Of Bad Luck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Run Of Bad Luck
Page 1 of 1