One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats become of the site.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Whats become of the site. Empty
PostSubject: Whats become of the site.   Whats become of the site. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Now this could just be me, but I scrolled through the Character Creation area and Weapons Area and I saw something that I noticed a while back. There are so many highly advanced and complex techniques and weapons on the site. I see so many Blood users that boost the users physical ability, some users swords can have fire, poison, and flames.

I really don't see basic forms of fighting. Its sort of like Naruto in a way. There's some huge explanation behind the fact how said person has their ability. Now I'm not saying we all need to be the same, yes originality is great. This site allows you to be original, but Its like..even if we were to get into a quarrel. I'd have to actually go and read a persons character sheet's abilities just to know what I'm up against. Now if they said they were a Mera Mera User, then I get it..you use fire. So its best to keep my distance..simple. Super Human Speed, its gonna be hard to hit you. But having some one who can use their blood that can sink into your skin and in 3 threads you are paralyzed because they sent in paralyzing blood. (or something of that nature). Then that's when I'm like....really?

Say the New Straw Hats for example..Brooke. Prime example of simple. He uses his soul to freeze his blade apparently..sure there will be a deeper meaning behind it maybe. But you can see it and it looks simple enough. Sanji's raging memories cause him to burst into flames (I find that beyond hilarious). Luffy's 3rd gear, He blows into his bone causing it to become massive and more blunt. Bam...and we see the possibility of his 3rd gear and the damage its capable of. Nami's is more advanced..but understandable.

I don't mind creativity at all. I love the site for it..its just on what level said person takes it. When some one makes it so that one is fearful to fight some one because you have no idea what were up against is a problem in my eyes. But that's just me. I could just be rambling..or being retarded. But this has bothered me enough to make a thread on it. So meh..don't scold me for it. I'm not saying it must change, I'm really asking if others feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Whats become of the site.   Whats become of the site. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 am

"whats become of one piece" may be a beter title for the thread, the current series isn't far off from the content here... I predict that the sites power level and ability originality is just above that of the series itself, but I dont mind this as much as long as users have fun

tbl just so you know you are the one user who isnt on the staff thats stayed active the longest and so I understand your sentiment, in fact in many ways I agree, however you and I started when one piece was simple and new, most of the newer members began playing this game when logia were commonplace and haki was just around the corner, the fact is one piece has become more like naurto over time, honestly zorro's wind namis lightning, brooke's ice, ussop's plants, jinbei's water and sanjis fire border on the level and function of ninjutsu... in fact it could be called identical but thats how anime typically goes and like it or not its cannon

the issue with rping a ongoing series, the power level will escalate and the justification for powers will become easyer... this is why I took time off here
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Whats become of the site.   Whats become of the site. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah, that's how I feel. But its just me really..I like basic things. Luffy was rubber and what not. Chop Chop Fruit could not be sliced. Even with Haki, its pretty simple to understand. Which is why One Piece is my all time favorite anime. The ones that get to into the way techinques work and what effects it has and how its broken down and what else one can do with said technique. I feel like I need extra effort to put into mind that their techniques are so complex that I wont see anything coming.

With One Piece I can kinda assume what can happen to a user who fights another person with a devil fruit, and if they have another use for it, then WOAH I didn't see that coming.

But I just don't wanna have to study some ones fruit, figure out what's possible, then see what I have to watch for. I just like to keep it KISS.

KISS = Keep It Simple Savvy.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Whats become of the site.   Whats become of the site. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 am

its been basically imposible to enforce regulation on this mater... but people are enjoying themseves
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats become of the site.   Whats become of the site. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats become of the site.
Page 1 of 1