One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryu Ritz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrath

Wrath

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Name: Ryu Ritz

Bounty: None

Species: Human

Allegiance: Pirate (Shin Blade Pirates)

Home Village/Ocean: South Blue

Appearance: Ryu stands at about 5'7" and weighs 160 lbs. His hair is cut short and it is spiked upwards. He also has green eyes, a thin face, and lightly tanned skin. On his right cheek he has a small scar that runs for about one inch and is the same width as a coin (hmm... suspicious). His body type is seemingly thin though he is not considered skinny. He doesn't have the muscle quality of body builder but rather of someone who works out every day. His attire is that of a standard waiter's; A long-sleeve white collar shirt, a black vest, long black tie, black slacks, and black shoes. On his waist he also wears a waiter's apron with several coin dispensers along the side. Hidden in his vest are two small chakrams.
Spoiler:

History: Ryu grew up the average run-of-the-mill teenager in his village. At 13, he got his first job as a waiter in the local 3-star restaurant. Because it was located on a medium sized island, Ryu kept seeing the same customers over and over again. Though he got bored of his customers, Ryu was always thankful when they left a tip. Ryu grew fond of the different Beli coins he would receive. Learning some tricks from a friend, Ryu eventually became skilled at throwing coins, so much that he could throw one at the same speed of a bullet. With this unusual ability, he could fend off any roudy or unwanted customer. He also chose chakrams as an alternative weapon as they were just a personal preference as he wanted a theme to his fighting style though many times he was threatened to lose his job whenever a customer got scared when they saw them.

Getting bored of seeing the same faces day in and day out, Ryu set out on his own to find a restaurant elsewhere in the world. To be more specific, Ryu traveled to every decently civilized island in the South Blue where he waited (to serve) at several different restaurants. He eventually gained enough skill to work in 4-star and later 5-star restaurants. Though he was successful as a waiter, he still wanted something more. As experienced in his home town, every restaurant he worked in only had so many new faces appear every once in a while. Again, Ryu got bored of the monotonous feeling of working in a restaurant that remained in one location. But that was when he got an idea.

Ryu knew that somewhere out in the seas, there had to be someone who already came up with the idea of a floating restaurant. How lucky Ryu was when one day, when he was at the age of 22, he was walking along a harbor when he saw the Blunt Knife Pub approaching. Even better, it was a start-up business and it was hiring. He would from that point on, have a job serving food and drinks to sailors and pirates alike on the high seas. He took with him the experience he had working in South Blue's top restaurants as well as the talent that his friend taught him years ago. And so begins the story of Ryu Ritz.

Personality: Ryu is a kind man... well he needs to be. He's a waiter after all. Serving his customers and making sure that they are satisfied are what he lives for. There is nothing in the world that could get him angry. His patience and elegance are first class. The only times he fights is when either the customer cheats the pub or if his boss so desires for him to. When he fights, Ryu keeps a calm expression on his face and it's not just for show. He is always thinking of something, regardless of whether or not it is relevant to the fight.

Ship: The Blunt Knife Pub

Devil Fruit: None

Special Abilities:
Professional Coin handler. Can throw multiple coins up to 200meters and with enough strength to pierce human flesh.
Excellent leg strength. Does not fall over and can jump around 3 meters.
Basic martial arts skills.

Learned Techniques (Keep it 1-25):
Pay Day: Ryu holds up to ten coins in each hand and throws them at his target. Coins can move in either a straight or curved flight path (must be specified). Though they can only cause major bruising, the coins fly fairly fast and most will accurately strike the target.
Direct Change: Ryu accurately flicks two coins at his target, one from each hand. The coins have increased speed and increased piercing power over Pay Day (enough strength to lodge itself inside of a person).
Bank Run: Ryu shoots coins individually at 150RPM while feeding coins into his hand with the other. Cannot pierce flesh but causes minor bruising as it requires more concentration and effort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boomerang Chakram: Ryu throws one or both chakrams at his target. They fly through the air at a curve and slice the target. They then return to Ryu's hands.
Wind Sphere: Ryu spins his chakrams quickly while holding them. This concentrates the air around the chakrams. The trigger for the air shot is a punch while holding the chakrams. The sphere moves as fast as his punch and is constantly spinning, slicing anything it comes into contact with. It has enough force to push an average person backward. Cannot be used in quick succession.
Wind Disk: Ryu waves his chakrams quickly back and forth while holding them.This concentrates the air around the chakram's blade. The trigger for the shot is a slash while holding the chakrams. The wave of air moves as fast as the slash and slices anything it comes into contact with. Cannot be used in quick succession.
(5, 10, 50, 100, 500)Beli Blitz: Ryu focuses his energy into his arms to unleash a barrage of chakram slashes. The slashes happen in rapid succession and though repetitive, it is difficult to block every single slash. Charging time is one post per power increase.

Weapons/Items: Several coin dispensers filled with 100B coins. Two small chakrams. The chakrams have a grip on one section such that Ryu can hold them as close range weapons.

Goals: Become the most efficient waiter in the world (I am serious).

Last edited by Wrath on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Photo XD)
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Add a few more lines to appearance, if you would. A couple of paragraphs onto the history section too.

I don't get how simply chucking a handful of coins at someone can do a whole lot of damage. Maybe if they were pelted individually like cards, but I don't see how a clump like that would hurt unless they were thrown at absolutely ungodly levels. Or shot out of a gun or something. Not out of someone's hand.

"Stacked Change" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, either. How does having a coin on top of someone's hand make them punch harder? Wouldn't it just fly right off the top of the practitioner's hand?

... Spontaneously exploding coins? What? If coins can explode with the force of a hand grenade, I'd be paranoid just keeping plain ol' quarters in my pocket. Are they special coins?
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 am

Expanded on both appearance and history.

Not just with Pay Day, I toned down each coin throwing skill to make it a little more realistic. Stacked Change and Spark Change were removed as I wanted to have more of a "gun-like" theme.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:04 am

Machine gun speed on Bank Run still seems a bit on the ludicrous side, even with above average physical abilities... Reduce that, and you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, I didn't look up any guns when I made it so I realize that it was a bit too realistic. I found the fire rates of several different guns and chose 150RPM as it is more realistic while not stepping into the realm of the superhuman.

Requesting reapproval once more.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:02 pm

That's an improvement. Just be reasonable about it

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryu Ritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ritz   Ryu Ritz Icon_minitime