One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deleted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Name: Fuchowa-Fuchowa no mi (discord-discord fruit)
Type: Paramecia
Capabilities:
Basic Concept: The fruit has the ability to cause objects to fall apart due to lack of unity within itself. All effects are permanent. Does not enhance user's physical abilities.

1. Disharmony - The user is able to reduce ANY physical object to break apart (as if struck repeatedly by an indestructible hammer) regardless of size. This is done by placing one's hands(any part) on the object with the desire of wanting to break it. Can affect objects in any state of matter; however the effect will be different( i.e. gas is dispersed from a central location, still liquid is displaced). Cannot be used on live animals/humans but can affect clothes being worn (please don't do anything indecent Wink ). Cannot be used on abstract concepts such as pain, fear, joy, etc. Cool down time is proportional to the size of the object (0-4 posts)

2. Barrier - The user is able to create a "shield" around a certain area around the user. The barrier is not entirely invisible. It looks as if the air around the user was being heated up causing vision to be blurred. The shield has the ability to break apart any objects that come in contact with it excluding animals/humans, clothing, and custom objects. The listed exceptions are still not allowed to move through the barrier. Gases will be dispersed around it and liquids would splash as if hitting a solid wall. Does not affect abstract concepts. The shield can be changed to any shape as willed by the user. Maximum distance from the user is 20ft. Maximum dimensions of the barrier is 3375cubic ft . A small wall can last for 3 posts. When using the barrier to its maximum it can only be held for 1 post. Dimensions and time increase as the user grows in ability.
NOTE: User cannot move their feet while barrier is in effect and cannot use any fruit abilities again for a 1-3 posts. Using the fruit past the user's specific allotted time will cause extreme exhaustion.

3. Dispel - The user is able to neutralize the abilities of paramecia and logia fruit users by . This ability is different from the effect of coming into contact with a seastone or Blackbeard's Dark fruit. This only works with ranged attacks in which the opponent does not come into direct contact with the user. Elemental attacks by logia users and other forms of long ranged attacks from paramecia users (beams, sounds, and such) are dispersed in its entirety when the user touches it with their hands. Very difficult to completely master. Cool down 1 post.

4. Agitate - The user wills the air around a 20ft radius around him to become unstable. Slows down anything within this area (40-50%) and makes it hard to obtain oxygen by breathing. The user is also affected. Does not break down any objects. Cannot kill anyone affected by the ability. Lasts until the user so desires (though because the user is also affected, it probably means that it lasts until the user needs to breath tongue ). Other fruit abilities cannot be used while this is in effect.

5. Discord - The user pushes the opponent several meters in a straight path using his hands as a result of discordance between the two beings. DF users are pushed farther as it exaggerates the fact that two DFs cannot exist in one's body and applies is to battle. Causes no physical harm to the opponent but they can still make contact with objects in their way. Strength of the push increases with ability and is proportional to the opponent's body weight. Cool down 1 post.

Note: Fruit abilities grow as the user's will becomes stronger.
Final note: This devil fruit's abilities are not enhanced by the use of weapons. A person wielding a sword cannot use said weapon as an extention of the user's body. The sword would be the only thing that breaks Very Happy

Last edited by Wrath on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed names)
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

I just want to say something about the barrier...
The user remains immobilized while the barrier is in effect. Because the devil fruit does not effect animals/humans both are able to freely pass through the barrier. So in essence, anyone can sneak up to the user (though they would have lost everything that they were wearing) and beat the person to death. When activated, the barrier does not affect anything already within the space between the user and the barrier.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:40 pm

I really like how much effort you've put into this fruit, Wrath. I just have a few minor issues with it.

With Dispel, you really shouldn't be able to break apart all intangible attacks no matter what. Maybe a short cooldown of, say, one post would be in order.

With the times you've given as cooldowns, please use posts instead of time, because time is indeterminate, and we base everything off posts here. Consider a post as... say, ten seconds.

Also, with Disharmonious Barrier, would it result in the disharmony of his/her clothes as well? Because you mention that people trying to reach the man would lose their clothes. Actually, just make it so clothing isn't effected.
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Thank you Gael for reviewing it. A quick question about your suggestion the Barrier. Though clothes will remain unaffected can weapons any other objects of that sort still be "destroyed"?
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Um, please make it so clothing just isn't affected, because... we don't need rampant nudity goin' on here.

Also, please make it so custom items, like my Senbu Ken, and the variety of other custom weapons don't just break apart: make them stop functioning or something. Like, say, really well made stuff doesn't break apart, but it DOES stop working.
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Okay. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Approved!
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 am

No real changes were made. I just removed the names of the moves because naming the moves myself would put off anyone else who may want to use this fruit. After looking at other people's fruits, I realized that I was the only person who actually named moves. Instead, I have given them general titles that can be manipulated as so desired.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:53 pm

you power aplies to all things ("any" thing) meaning that it is universal

universally effective powers (or powers that fall short of seawater and seastone) are on the banned abilities list

your devil fruit has more than one power and is to vague a concept for this to be permissible

approval over-ruled
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Sorry Admin-Sama but I need you to clarify your reason for the disapproval.
Is it because it is too overpowered with its ability to destroy anything (as you called it, universal). This is actually the first time I have heard of the ban on universal effective powers. In fact, could you give an exact definition of universally effective powers? Because I can cite instances where an approved fruit in its description contains the words "everything", "all", and "any object" or even just implies its effect on all objects.

Is it because its range of powers is too wide? All of the abilities stem from the concept of "discordance".

Please respond so I can take the necessary steps to either make corrections or scrap it and submit a new fruit with more limits.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 pm

"Anything that results in an instakill, called hit, or anything which violates the combat rules" instantly destroying someone by touching them counts as this
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I think it was stated several times that living beings(humans and animals) cannot be destroyed. They are only affected in other ways.
1. Living beings are completely unaffected.
2. Living beings cannot pass through the barrier; a small barrier lasts only three posts.
3. Living beings are completely unaffected. If only affects long-ranged logia/paramecia indirect contact attacks.
4. Anything (including living beings and the user himself) within the zone is slowed up to 50%.
5. The living being is "pushed" several meters away from the user. The push itself does no damage at all. Only the things that the living being gets pushed into can hurt them. They are still free to move as they pleased but just so long as they are moving in the same direction they are pushed.

This fruit was never intended as a direct people-killing fruit and I hope it never will be misused as such.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:22 pm

there are very simple ways around that, for example if the target was wearing armor, shrapnel would result in an instakill

moreover one ability to a fruit, your fruit has far to many powers
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Well it does not work as an "explosion" so to speak. It merely just... falls apart. That is the best I can describe it but I hope it gets the point across.
(Let's pretend the user is fighting an opponent with armor made of steel. The user touches the armor and it breaks apart. Now say that even after the armor breaks, the user continues to push his hand into his opponent. In what situation would a piece of metal held flat against someone's chest be enough to kill a person. The only situation I can think of is if after breaking the armor, the user decides to pick up a shard and stab his opponent in the heart. That is a completely different story.)

Besides, people can't call kills on any character but their own and even before that, the user needs to have stated that they were using a DF move and the receiver decides whether or not it makes contact or to what extent of damage has been done to the character. I believe the combat system on the site has always worked as such.

As for the one ability rule that I have just heard of for the first time... I'm not even going to argue about that or even the other things you have posted on this page that I have never heard about. I noticed that it has been several years since you made edits to the Rules regulations and standards section. You can probably save yourself and all of the other mods the trouble of telling people what not to do if you make sure that every rule of this site that someone wouldn't otherwise think of is written down and that every new person to the site reads that section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleted   Deleted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deleted
Page 1 of 1