One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Empty
PostSubject: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm

((Lets see if this one has acceptance in its future. Had to do some research for this so I'm sorry for the mathy stuff. I only THINK that I was able to balance this. I shall tweak it as needed.))

Name: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)

Type: Logia

Description: The gravity fruit is one of a few Logia type fruits that allows manipulation, but not transformation. Users of the gravity fruit gain the ability to manipulate gravity through concentration. They are free to manipulate gravity in any way that they choose within the following constraints. The users hands must remain empty. The ability requires constant concentration, not allowing other forms of attacks by the user. If the user breaks concentration, any effects in place immediately cease. A change in gravity affects only a single target per use. The target can not be any larger than a small ship. The change in gravity can be from -5G's to +5G's.

The gravity fruit provides three separate uses of the control.

1. Falling - The target area has a new 'down' at the selected strength. If anything in the target area falls more than 15 feet in this method, gravity begins to apply normally to them again. This move follows these rules for use:
The user must point both hands in specific directions. The right hand points at the target area while the left points at which direction will be the new "down" for the target object. The target area must be within view of the user. The target area can not exceed a diameter of 5 feet. Anything that is partially in the range is still affected as though it were fully in it.

2. Well - The target becomes a gravity well of the selected strength. After the user snaps their fingers, loose objects within a 10 foot radius will begin to fly to the target again at the selected speed. This move follows these rules for use:
The user must touch the target. User must be standing on a solid object for this move to be used. Anything that is partially in the range is still affected as though it were fully in it. Snapping the fingers triggers the change, so the user may throw, shoot, or otherwise move teh object before snapping to distance themselves from it.

3. Zero - This ability can only be used by the user to target themselves. The effect of gravity on the user is effectively zero. This ability does not expire, but requires constant concentration as the other abilities. The user will still move in any direction they were moving in before using this ability, but will gradually slow down due to air friction. Any additional outside force will move them as well.

On a final note, if the user of this fruit is caught within the effects of their own technique, they will also be affected by it. So for example, if someone in the target area of falling were to pull the user into the area, the user would also fall in the specified direction. This of course, also applies to the Well ability.

To put this in perspective, it takes 18 G's for blood to pool away from the eyes, causing temporary blindness, 25 G's will come damned close to killing you. The fastest someone will be able to fall using this fruit is 49 meters per second, or about 110 miles per hour. But we all know an impact at that speed will only at most break a bone of a One Piece character. (And the only reason I am submitting this idea.)

Last edited by Irrational on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 pm

you seem like you know alot of what your talking about and i dont see anything wrong, proper limitations have been given so...
Aproved!!!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:58 am

I forgot the third point which I have added. Of course this means I would most likely require a renewed approval.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am

Approval renewed, APROVED!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Once again, I shall require a renewed approval due to changes made. I have removed the requirement to vocally say the change in gravity. It's somewhat an overkill towards its original purpose of a sort of warning to other players.

I have also removed the time limit on abilities as there isn't a good gauge for that and as still stated, the ability requires concentration so in all likelihood, the effect would expire with the subsequent post as a battle changes.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

This has absolutely nothing wrong with it. Already approved and reapproved, and your changes do not appear to be unfair.

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)   gravity - Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genshuku Genshuku No Mi (Gravity Gravity Fruit)
Page 1 of 1