One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wright D. Avery

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 am

-Name: Wright D. Avery "The Aviator", "Spring Heels Avery"

Bounty: 15,000

Species: Human

Allegiance: Pirate

Home Village/Ocean: South Blue

Appearance:
Wright D. Avery Por2
Avery stands at 5'8'' with short/medium length blonde, unkempt hair that hangs in front if his eyes. He wears a dark, peasoup green captians jacket with a tight fitting burgandy shirt undernieth. He also wears flight-goggles on his head and a white scarf that hangs down his back. His heels also have springs in them to make him jump higher.

History: Avery's mother died while in labor, so his father, Wright D. Monteage, a rather famous marine officer was left to raise him by himself. Avery was born with a rare birth defect that give makes his bones hollow. Avery's father brought him up with discipline, and wanted to make sure that he was strong enough to protect himself and also to make sure he joined the marines when he was of age, but Avery had other plans.

Pirates would often stop by Avery's home island, and when he was young, he even remembers a brief encounter with Gold Roger. Seeing how free and powerfull Gold Roger was, he was inspired to become a pirate himself. When he was fifteen, he started to hang out around the docks and ask various pirates if he could join their crew. They would always smile and say "Go home kid." Avery started to train day in and day out to become stronger so that any pirate crew would kill to have him. One day while hanging by the docks, his father caught him loitering with pirates. He was arrested with the rest of the pirates by his father.

This went on for several years untill he turned 19. While hanging out at a local secert pirate hideout, Avery's father lead a raid and captured some of the most notorious pirates in all of south blue. That night, Avery and the pirates slept in a jail cell, but the pirates staged a jailbreak. The pirates flooded the city, and made their way to the Wright house. Monteage did his best to fight off the horde, but was soon overhelmed. Just as the final blow was about to be delivered, Avery stepped in and saved his fathers life. Fighting side by side, father and son bonded for the first time. Unfortunatley their efforts were not enough. Monteage was slain by the vicious Captian Roche. As his father died in his arms, he told Avery that he could be anything he wanted to be, as long as he is the best at it.

Now, with the recent death of Gold Roger, Avery has taken to the sea on with father's old Marine sloop (which has earned him a bounty of 15,000 for impersonating an officer). He seeks to avenge his father death and to become as famous as Gold Roger. He cares not for one piece, hisis eyes are set on the heavens, his dream is to be the first Lord of the Skies!

Personality: Mostly carefree, unless you stand between him and somthing he wants. His laid back attitude was obtained from spending countless hours surrounded by pirates. He tried to mirror the way the talk, walk and everything else. But the inner strength and determination he has comes from his father's last words. Since his weak bones made him fragile as a child, he gained a quick wit and a sharp tounge. Avery has talked his way out of more hours of jail time than any pirate in south blue. He is slowly becoming his own person.

Ship: The Buried Treasure: A marine sloop (small one man ship)

Ship Flag: The Marine flag

Devil Fruit: none
type: none
effect: none

Special Abilities: White Wind, his own style of martial arts. The style focuses on aerial attacks. He was also born with a rare birth defect that gives him hollow bones, which make him much faster and lighter, but ther are easily broken.

Learned Techniques:
Spoiler:

Weapons/Items: Fists, spring heels.

Goals: To be the first Lord of the Skies.

Last edited by Hartley on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 am

personality is Tooooo shoooort, do you need help I have a guide
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:58 am

ok, is it in "Getting started" somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:50 pm

no

=================
Personality dos and don’ts:
DO NOT give very short ((one sentence/one line)) descriptions
DO explain the many facets of your character’s personality in detail ((it dose not say you NEED a paragraph but have some standards!))
DO NOT use words that generalize like “emo” or “nice” there is so much more detail you can go in to!
DO explain, if they are nice explain HOW they are nice and who they are nicest to, are they nice to everyone? These are the sort of questions to ask yourself
DO NOT over look personality and explain details in other categories, the personality is JUST as important as the history!
DO stay in character! Your personality governs how you act but not how your char acts or responds to other situations! They have their own personalities and they are NOT you!
DO NOT make a character you can not act like, if you are prone to yelling a super laid back character will be difficult for you to pull off

Need Ideas? Here are things you can include:
-hobbies / interests
-outlook
-relationships with / opinions of other characters
-what would someone who has just met him/her think about them?
-what would someone who has known them for three months think of them?
-what do they think of themselves?
-how do they react to certain sorts of people ((hyper, depressed, annoying, hostile ECT.))
-how do they view certain situations ((success, failure ECT,))

OUTLOOK: include what your characters outlook is, for example I (Rasher204) am a pessimistic idealist, here are the four outlooks, please read all of them as your characters may not just be an optimist or just be a pessimist

Optimist: An Optimist see the world only for the good in it, they always look on the bright side and rarely rationalize, they almost never give up and have the strongest wills, they see the glass as "half full" their gong ho attitude is often characterized as "courage" and "determination" because they honestly believe they can do most anything if they try hard enough and do not think before they act optimists are proven to be more successful because of their outlook, they believe every cloud has a silver lining and live by that belief

Pessimist: Pessimists see the world for its bad qualities, they are often the first to back out of situations but can always rationalize, they see the glass as “half empty” their calculative, doubtful/distrusting and somewhat cynical nature is often characterized as “logical thinking” and “street smarts” they always think before they rush in to a dangerous situation and know their limits, though they tend to underestimate themselves a pessimist is prone to quit an extremely difficult endeavor if it is not vital, they always expect to fail but like to think of that as being realistic contrary to popular belief pessimists are rarely pleasantly surprised

Realist: A realist is someone who sees the world from a practical standpoint, they see things for what they are and almost never interpret like an optimist or pessimist would, but rather simply judge a situation based on what they know to be true only, a realist would rather look at the odds then go with gut feeling like an optimist or pessimist would, in the glass half full/empty scenario they would say “some one is going to half to wash that either way” Realists make good tacticians because they are not easily influenced by raw feeling alone, they are often confused with pessimists for their rationalizations but are generally more level headed

Idealist: An idealist is someone who always sees the world as having room for improvement, they see the world for what it is but unlike a pessimist they are not put off by it, instead they resolve to make the world a better place for everyone, most idealists tend to be leaders because they are good at influencing people or at least getting them to think about making a difference, most activists are idealists, with the glass half empty/full analogy they would say "it may be half empty but it dose not have to be" they are often confused with optimists but tend to be more down to earth

Opportunist: Sees the world from a practical standpoint but is much more self centered than a realist, judging a situation based on how they can use parts of it to their advantage. They tend to be cold and calculative people but are known for being particularly charming and handling others well. The outlook is seen by others as a negative one only because it has been known to disadvantage others. Opportunists know when to manipulate their surroundings and when to back out, like realists they use logic and not gut feeling but they rarely consider others in their thinking. “how can I use this glass of water to its fullest and make it work to benefit me?”

an outlook has nothing to do with how you treat people, if you want a crazy or malevolent character then you have some options PLEASE READ ALL OF THEM

Spoiler:

If your going to have one of those it would make sense to explain what trauma/abuse led to the disorder(s)
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:12 pm

hows that?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 pm

much beter
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Put your guidline for personality in the getting started!
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 pm

so....approved?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:37 pm

lower the bopunty and you have yourself a deal
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 am

Alrighty, low enough?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:56 am

assuming you lowered it at all

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 pm

final edit. Changed the name hope thats not a problem. All atacks are there. Waiting for re-approval Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

No one has any objections? I wasn't sure if yo guys would allow the "Haki" ability or not.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm not so sure it's fair to have an attack that causes everyone in a room to pass out.
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Well he hasn't mastered it, and never will. Sowhere waaaay down the line he'll be able to make weak people feel dizzy, like when Shanks went on Whitebeard's Ship, but not as strong.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:28 pm

in a word: No
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:40 am

Not even just for rping? I don't plan on battling with him, his moves are too complex and no one would let any of them happen. And really if you do end up allowing it, it should probably go in abilites rather than learned techniques.
Back to top Go down
inyuyasha47

inyuyasha47

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: join   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:07 pm

will you join my crew
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:09 pm

No sorry, not with the charcters i have right now anyway. I already have most of their epic story in my head, and still need to make one more char before I can start it.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:25 pm

apart from Haki he looks fine though (K.O.ing everyone in the room is never alright, besides eveyone could just say "my character is strong enugh to withstand it" so theres no point) you could make an NPC with Haki is you really needed someone with Haki for a storyline
Back to top Go down
Hartley

Hartley

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 pm

I got rid of the Haki. He wouldn't of been able to K.o anyone, and I never planned on using him to battle other people characters, he's strictly for my rp storyline...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:38 pm

APPROVED *shooing gesture*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wright D. Avery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wright D. Avery   Wright D. Avery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wright D. Avery
Page 1 of 1