One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Game News

Go down 
+4
Hawk
Layman Iconoclast
keymaster
Iggy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Video Game News - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:05 pm

a counter example that finaly validates part of my otherwise flawed argument?

or was it the other observation on gameing in genrzal,

ah who cares your back now! WE MISSEDED YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:08 pm

I was just upset because Sony gets everything... Fortunately, Activision is demanding a price cut....
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 pm

sony does not get everything did you read my second to last post?
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 pm

No, way to long and boring.. I meant all the stuff I'd actually want to play. Like the last guardian...
I might get one when the price is cut.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:29 pm

whats the point in making really detailed arguments if no one reads them *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:34 pm

the fun we get from your reaction...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:50 pm

........... *logs off*
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 pm

I just read it, and to me, it was pointless. You've said that same stuff.
And If I'm in the black, you're in the black too! You act like you're right, but everyone is wrong! You're no better! So stop this crap!
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:10 pm

in the black is a bbuisness term for making a profit, sony on the other hand is in the red thus not making one and loosieng money

but thats just it for the first time I have examples, I have proof that nitendo is also guilty of what you all wont stop criticyszing sony for, and what do you do? you wirte it off as trivial yet its the proof youve been demanding
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:15 pm

I know what it means, but I'm not with a specific company, I just can't afford to buy the PS3. I have nothing against any of the companies, and if I was upset with one, it would definately be Nintendo. In my opinion Sony is great, but their to expensive. The only reason I got a 360 was because my pops wanted it. the only thing I hate about Sony is the fans (something I hate about all the system fans) because when I got a wii it wasn't to say f*ck you to Sony or Microsoft, It was because I could afford it, and it had a game I wanted to play. (However that series is mainly on the sony platforms). SO here you go. That's my reasoning.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 pm

On the psp website yesturday and this afternoon. Only two games actually look good enough to buy, one other I'm curious about and might look into more. It was maybe a couple hundred games, all so stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Alright so a huge criticism of Sony around here is that they license all the cool games for themselves, this has been deemed unethical and has been used as a major weapon against the Sony faction of this site (I.E. me and me alone) so unable to deal with this any longer I’ve decided to get off my @$$ and actually look in to things, rather than sit in my little hate filled corner and be labeled an idiotic fan boy by all of you high and mighty Nintendo fans I had become an educated fan boy however once this happened you all ran away screaming about how arguing had suddenly become beneath you conveniently enough but rather than let you claim yet another moral victory I decided that I will throw some FACTS out there on the off chance that any one would actually listen (no I don’t actually think any of you will listen in fact I don’t think you will even read this much less try to see things my way because god knows I’ve spent hours trying to fathom your way and gotten nowhere) but here goes

For one there are PLENTY of Wii only games that I would have gladly played so anyone who played the “oh I’ve been victimized by Sony and denied the game I want to play” card (Hawk) will be arguing a moot point given that Nintendo has over 400 exclusive titles and the x-box 360 has over 80 just in case you wanted facts, I know most of you demanded evidence (again Hawk) here’s your evidence, as I did with all of you when you posted yours take my word for it if you will, if you wont go research and verify like I did:

Exclusive wii titles that I would have played
-“Klonoa” (this is a big one for me because for the longest time the good klonoa games were available on PS2 and I have loved them but I get to eat sh*t yet again thank you so much Nintendo)
-Oboro Muramasa Youtode (spiritual sequel to my current favorite game with a similar play style in japan rather than medieval fantasy land, in fact this game seems almost tailor made for me if not for the fact that its not available for anything else other than the one thing I refuse to have in my home)
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (loved most of the “vs capcom” series but not this one though I guess)
-Tales of Graces
-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (again I like the tales series but once again the wii mote gives me the finger)
-Deadly Creatures (the concept of bug fighting intrigued me until I found that I could never explore it)
-One piece: Unlimited adventure
-One piece: Unlimited cruse (what’s that Luffy, you want to have another adventure with me! Great Ill ge- oh wait sorry I cant use a wiimote)

Just a few of the many Exclusive Wii titles that are from more popular, formerly all consol series
-Dead Space Extraction (the first dead space was available for all so if you liked it and you don’t have a wii to bad for you)
-Monster Hunter 3 (I don’t actually like these games but its so popular with others that I’m counting it because I’m sure its disappointed a lot of people who chose the PS3 but I guess that’s just what they get for not conforming and buying a wii like the rest of america)
-Dragon ball: revenge of king Piccolo
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (heh not a full fledged FF game at least, thank god we still have those… but for how long?)
-Dragon Quest X (this one switched over completely)

One reoccurring line which specifically bothered me was something along the lines of “having to buy a PS3 which is no better than any other system just to play these games” where as the PS3 is with out a doubt more expensive its certainly built on what gamers know, the buttons may be the same but we all know them well and the lack of originality is more than made up for in the inherent difference in graphics, sound, length and depth found in the games where as the wii being the “innovative little wonder” that it is has a completely different mode of play than any previous system and frankly I don’t want to have to learn the fine art of wavering my arms around any more than you want to pay an extra couple hundred dollars and were as anyone who owns a wii seems to think that a brain dead monkey could master their controls the fact is that I play video games to unwind and learning how to steady my hands and flick the wiimote properly just doesn’t seem appealing after a long day. Not everyone subscribes to the same notions as all of you and I shouldn’t (and will not) be forced to change my values because something is less expensive any more than you should be forced to pay more money for a system that you don’t at all value.

Another aspect of my argument that you have chosen to ignore is that where as Sony’s exclusive marketing is out of desperation to save their dieing (and wonderful) company Nintendo’s licensing exclusively has no motive other than increasing their already large profit margins, none of you believe me on this of coerce so I went through the treble of looking up the numbers in the most recent economic reports

Figures for Nintendo
Revenue: + ¥1.672 trillion
Operating Income: + ¥487.22 billion
Net Income: + ¥257.342 billion
Total assets: + ¥1.8 trillion
Employees: +/- 3,768

Figures for Sony
Revenue: - ¥ 7.730 trillion
Operating Income: - ¥ 227.8 billion
Net Income: - ¥ 98.9 billion
Total assets: + ¥ 21.9 trillion (converted from US $230.5 Billion)
Employees: +/- 180,500

Who has the edge?
Revenue: Nintendo (Â¥6.058 trillion)
Operating Income: Nintendo (Â¥259.42 billion)
Net Income: Nintendo (Â¥158.442 billion)
Total assets: Sony (Â¥20.1 trillion)
Employees: Sony (+/- 176,732)

((1 U.S. dollar = 94.2418245 Japanese yen))

As you can see Sony’s revenue and income are down and they are still losing money, if exclusive licensing is unethical then Sony has resorted to it. Nintendo on the other hand is doing so well that one would think the global economy wasn’t in a recession from their figures, they aren’t down a cent and their profits grow even as I type this so what’s their excuse? All of these claims of Sony being this big bad company that greedily gobbles up the best games for themselves to get you to buy their “overpriced” systems are biased in ignorance, Sony is losing TRILLIONS despite all of their “success with hardware electronics” that people constantly tell me makes them a bigger company, in reality Nintendo is the ultra successful money grubbing corparation that I’ve always painted them as, the numbers don’t lie.

Am I happy with that? To be honest no I’m not but I wont have things in the air like they have been any longer, we will all know where things stand. However I think we all know why this is, the wii is cheaper than the PS3 (exactly a $150 difference at best buy) and game wise Nintendo’s decision to fall out of touch with their core fan base in favor of a larger, more easily swayed audience seems to have benefited them, its just not the sort of tactic that Sony used and for that I applaud them, that and a few other key choices that Sony made, quality instead of consol innovation, bigger games and memory instead of a wider online selection, that sway me over in their direction. Ultimately I suppose what draws me to Sony is that like me they are very uncompromising not willing to pander as easily as the rest.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:58 pm

If I were an admin I'd give a topic-lock warning. This is just news, I'm sure iggy intended for it to be only news. Let's keep this a fun thread to become informed on things and tell our experiences in gaming. Not to start arguements. If I had to choose only one side, since you guys are all "Sony vs Nintendo", I'll just stick to the american Microsoft, even if I don't have an xbox, simply because you guys are just b*tching away at each other!
All you:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm

why is it that when THEY give their side of things you all allow it but when I open my mouth its unexceptable, that's such a double standard
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

No one EVER argue about games and systems! They are ALL good!
I'm only saying this because you are the one that actually starts this stuff half the time.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Lets get back to the actual fun of games, shall we? Did anyone get the new Punchout?
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:44 pm

No, I haven't.
So, this is low on the list of priorities but:
What system should be my next? I already have a DS, PSP, PS2, and Wii. I'm thinking 360, then get Halo, Fable, Oblivion, and fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 pm

NES!
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Dang! I didn't think of the awesome in old school!

Say! How about we list our first systems.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm

NES was my first. Most people my age had either a SNES or an N64 as there first. I was lucky!
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:11 pm

I didn't get that old school.

Ps1, good mostly from two words: Crash Bandicoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game News   Video Game News - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Game News
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5